Gun control

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
“We need to join together, republicans and democrats.. ..and get something done that actually saves children’s lives”

Yeah, if only there was a way.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

For fecks sake. How can this moron be elected? She chased David Hogg claiming he was a paid actor, and has claimed nearly every single mass shooting is a false flag. It's beyond belief she continues to get away with it.

Last edited:

Stacks

It might have a small effect, but overall it would have little effect. Uvalde shooter somehow came up with thousands to purchase his guns, do you really think having to find a bit more for ammo would have stopped him?
18-year-old Salvador Ramos purchased two semiautomatic rifles and more than 1600 (would cost $160k under my new law). Law enforcement officials found 20 boxes of ammunition, at least 17 30-round magazines , and an AR-15 style rifle (would cost $51k for the ammo under my new law)

Stacks

Cloud7

sometimes these are sanctioned by the local community.

Draco is classed as a handgun and apparently you can keep it on you in Florida
Doesn't matter to me. Trophy hunting is one of the most morally depraved things I can think of. As far as I'm concerned they should all get what's coming to them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
sometimes these are sanctioned by the local community.

Draco is classed as a handgun and apparently you can keep it on you in Florida
It's bullsit.
They claim the money is used for conservation. Are you that naive? These people are corrupt and would sell African heritage and resources to the highest bidder in a heartbeat.
There is no advantage to trophy hunting. I also find it degrading. Would America give a permit to a South African or Nigerian to shoot a Bison or would the Chinese allow us to kill a Panda? Why do we allow these people come to our land and kill our animals?
We need to stop this bullshit.
I am happy that cnut was shot. What is the point shooting an animal for sport?

Last edited:

Stacks

It's bullsit.
They claim the money is used for conservation. Are you that naive? These people are corrupt and would sell African heritage and resources to the highest bidder in a heartbeat.
There is no advantage to trophy hunting. I also find it degrading. Would America give a permit to a South African or Nigerian to shoot a Bison or would the Chinese allow us to kill a Panda? Why do we allow these people come to our land and kill our animals?
We need to stop this bullshit.
I am happy that cnut was shot. What is the point shooting an animal for sport?
Maybe I am naive. Americans do cull millions of animals but I am unsure of which nationalities do the culling. Foreigners are indeed allowed to hunt in America though you must get a permit. In Texas, foreign born people under 17 can obtain a licence to hunt (kill animals) in the US. So to answer your question, maybe they would.

I do agree shooting an animal for sport is goofy as its not remotely a fair fight/challenge and I cannot understand the satisfaction in killing just for the sake of killing

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Maybe I am naive. Americans do cull millions of animals but I am unsure of which nationalities do the culling. Foreigners are indeed allowed to hunt in America though you must get a permit. In Texas, foreign born people under 17 can obtain a licence to hunt (kill animals) in the US. So to answer your question, maybe they would.

I do agree shooting an animal for sport is goofy as its not remotely a fair fight/challenge and I cannot understand the satisfaction in killing just for the sake of killing
Agree with most of this, but I will say that without sport/trophy hunting in the midwest (and likely south) the deer population would get out of control. The elimination of almost all their natural predators and an abundance of food has seen their population explode and just a 9 day gun hunting season (bow and crossbow are longer) is enough to keep things in check, for now.

Wisconsin’s deer population is at a critical high | Wisconsin Public Radio (wpr.org)

Stacks

Agree with most of this, but I will say that without sport/trophy hunting in the midwest (and likely south) the deer population would get out of control. The elimination of almost all their natural predators and an abundance of food has seen their population explode and just a 9 day gun hunting season (bow and crossbow are longer) is enough to keep things in check, for now.

Wisconsin’s deer population is at a critical high | Wisconsin Public Radio (wpr.org)
that was my original thought. In the UK the deer are growing too fast as they have no predators and need to be controlled. I just thought you eat them afterwards

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
that was my original thought. In the UK the deer are growing too fast as they have no predators and need to be controlled. I just thought you eat them afterwards
Responsible hunters do. My friends back in WI who hunt do not trophy hunt on purpose, they of course will take a buck if they see it, but they will harvest every deer they shoot for meat and it tastes pretty good if done right. There are other hunters who are just looking for a nice 10 point buck for their wall and will leave headless bodies in the woods.

Stacks

Responsible hunters do. My friends back in WI who hunt do not trophy hunt on purpose, they of course will take a buck if they see it, but they will harvest every deer they shoot for meat and it tastes pretty good if done right. There are other hunters who are just looking for a nice 10 point buck for their wall and will leave headless bodies in the woods.
horrible. At the same time scavengers will handle the rest

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
These massacres in the US are going to keep happening, and we know the nation is going to do anything about it. So why not try to convince them to target politicians instead. Instead of school children, shoot a senator, a Congress man.

Dr. StrangeHate

These massacres in the US are going to keep happening, and we know the nation is going to do anything about it. So why not try to convince them to target politicians instead. Instead of school children, shoot a senator, a Congress man.
Isn't this exactly what the republicans are asking their fans to do.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I'm not sure Japan is the best example here. Isn't their justice system kinda messed up? I heard that nearly everyone who is charged is convicted, and that can't just be because their prosecutors are so good. Personally, the death penalty is a red line for me. I don't believe it's possible to be a secular democracy and still have the state killing people as punishment in times of peace. It's not healthy for society either.
The Japanese system gives condemned prisoners no advance notice of the date of their execution. Basically, apart from weekends you never know if they're going to stop at your cell door one morning and tell you that you have an hour before you die. That can go on for years and years.

This has to be cruel and unusual punishment, apart from the fact that as you say, the death penalty shouldn't still be legal in any country which considers itself to be democratic and civilised.

Doesn't matter to me. Trophy hunting is one of the most morally depraved things I can think of. As far as I'm concerned they should all get what's coming to them.
I actually knew a family that owned a game reserve in South Africa (Tswalu), the biggest at that time, in the late 90’s.
Trophy tourists was the only feasible way of paying for the reserve, which had an incredible biodiversity and restored a huge part of the Kalahari. As male and female numbers have to be controlled, as do the numbers of certain species, the alternatives are to pay a lot of money to a vet to put them down, else allow game hunters to pay you massive money.

So as always, there is two sides to it, nothing is as black and white as your post.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Maybe the US should just increase the legal age to purchase guns every year by one year, so anyone who isn't old enough to buy a gun now will never be.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
If these shooters targeted police stations instead of schools and malls, laws would change in a heartbeat.