Hakim Ziyech | Chelsea player

SoulSurvivor

Supports
Ajax
Ziyech is a midfielder by nature. He always played like that at Twente and Heerenveen.
At Ajax he mostly played as an inverted winger.

Really technical gifted player. Great left feet. Works really hard; Ten Hag had a 5 sec-rule. This means that Ajax has to win the ball back within 5 seconds after losing it.
Ziyech was always pressing like hell. 90 min long!! Only downside is that he isn't the fastest.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ziyech is a midfielder by nature. He always played like that at Twente and Heerenveen.
At Ajax he mostly played as an inverted winger.

Really technical gifted player. Great left feet. Works really hard; Ten Hag had a 5 sec-rule. This means that Ajax has to win the ball back within 5 seconds after losing it.
Ziyech was always pressing like hell. 90 min long!! Only downside is that he isn't the fastest.
Chelsea have been bad for him, especially Tuchel. He was injured a lot when Lampard was the manager which was a shame because he showed glimpses of his quality in that system but he was injured too frequently.

Once Tuchel got here, Ziyech has been a square peg in a round hole, but to be fair to Ziyech, he’s never complained and just tried his best to get on with the job and work hard for the team.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Chelsea have been bad for him, especially Tuchel. He was injured a lot when Lampard was the manager which was a shame because he showed glimpses of his quality in that system but he was injured too frequently.

Once Tuchel got here, Ziyech has been a square peg in a round hole, but to be fair to Ziyech, he’s never complained and just tried his best to get on with the job and work hard for the team.
I always thought this was one of the cases when everything fitted perfectly but it just inexplicably didn't work out. The right sided 10 in Tuchel's Chelsea line up would be perfect for Ziyech and Tuchel's system in general, too, since he applies many concepts from total football. And when Havertz moved into the striker role, the right sided 10 even became vacant with Ziyech being the only other left footed attacking player.

Teja

I'd be happy with this signing. Watched him a bit at Chelsea on good days and bad and as a backup he's more than good enough for us.

Leg-End

Could probably get him for peanuts at the end of the window if Chelsea need rid, I really wouldn't mind him as an option if we don't secure better targets. ETH can get a tune out of him.

Unam333

Ziyech to United? Yes please! Knows Ten Hag's system, very much underused by Chelsea, classy player, Chelsea want hin to get rid, hopefully Chelsea won't ask too much money for him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Another good player that is not what we need.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Another good player that is not what we need.
Isn't he exactly what we would need? A left footed right winger who can be a creative force if Sancho is out, or just compete with the 2 wingers we have and rotate at a decent level rather than the massive drop off to Elanga currently?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It doesn't excite me but I'd rather have him in the squad than not have him. He can be a useful player plus it adds some depth to our squad.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I'm sorry but we need to draw the line somewhere. This guy has been average at best for Chelsea, you would think that would give even ETH pause for thought even if he does think he did well for him at Ajax.
Bench player, good for squad depth, is cheap, knows how to press

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Isn't he exactly what we would need? A left footed right winger who can be a creative force if Sancho is out, or just compete with the 2 wingers we have and rotate at a decent level rather than the massive drop off to Elanga currently?
We should be signing players who can compete or better what we have not signing backups for the sake of depth because they’re cheap.

the_cliff

People will say don't want.

Then Sancho will get injured and they'll say why didn't we sign a right sided attacker.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We should be signing players who can compete or better what we have not signing backups for the sake of depth because they’re cheap.
He would start at United with Sacho LW and him RW

zbcrow15

People will say don't want.

Then Sancho will get injured and they'll say why didn't we sign a right sided attacker.
This is the point. Would you rather have him or Elanga playing that spot. Personally, I'd rather have him there than any of our youngsters aside from Garnacho but he's vastly unproven. He has shown his class before and he knows the system already. If we can get him for less than 15 mil, that's a no brainer.

Reactions: Sultan

zaafi

The ideal scenario would be that we get him on a loan. It doesn't make sense to buy him for one season only to replace him next season with another right winger, because he simply isn't good enough to take us where we belong. That being said, he is far better than our current options. Can't see Chelsea loaning him to us though.

AndySmith1990

We shouldn't be filling the squad with mediocrity just to make up numbers. We've had more than enough of that in recent years

zbcrow15

We shouldn't be filling the squad with mediocrity just to make up numbers. We've had more than enough of that in recent years
Then who should we go for? Because we haven't been linked with any wingers aside from Antony and that ship has sold. It's evident that ETH is going after people that he trust and know so this one make complete sense. Every team still needs squad depth if they are going to compete for titles. Just look at who City and Liverpool have had in recent years.

bosnian_red

I think Antony is the target for next summer, but we'll be hard pressed to find someone better than what we have anyway. That's a 100m signing if you want that. This season it's a bit desperate so we just need someone to compete and provide adequate cover for now. Even a loan would be good IMO. Can't go in with Elanga only.

GlasgowCeltic

“play the kids rather than panic buying” is trotted out so often on here, would Ziyech count as a panic buy

Johnny Love

What attacking player hasn't failed at Chelsea the last few years? Every player they have brought in attack has failed. Whether it's Ziyech, Timo Werner, Lukaku, Kai has been hit and miss. Maybe Tuchel is the problem?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
“play the kids rather than panic buying” is trotted out so often on here, would Ziyech count as a panic buy
Maybe but doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be good for us. I think he’d actually start and knows the manager.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Problem with ziyech at chelsea was whenever he got continuous games he started to perform and gaining confidence then get injured. It was always stop start for him at chelsea. Bit unlucky for him so far at chelsea.

mav_9me

I don’t understand why we don’t do more of such loan deals for incomings at United

If our No 1 targets aren't available (for eg. Antony) or if the manager and recruitment department don’t agree 100%, surely more of such loan deals with buy options make more sense.

So many other top clubs seem to do such deals. Literally every player we try to sell goes on loan. What’s stopping us?
Nothing. I'd imagine Chelsea would be more amenable for such a deal towards the end of the window.

We should absolutely do this loan to buy to improve squad depth.

the_cliff

No. People will say don’t want, sign someone better. This whole “Ziyech or nobody” argument is total nonsense.
Like ?

Either you are underrating Ziyech

Or there are so many attainable right wingers in world football that are better than Ziyech I just don't seem to know about.

Teja

Some criminal underrating of Ziyech going on.

Only reason we should complain is because he's 29 but are we in that position now?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Like ?

Either you are underrating Ziyech

Or there are so many attainable right wingers in world football that are better than Ziyech I just don't seem to know about.
Yes. I’m Underrating the guy Chelsea desperately want to get rid of for 8m quid after a very underwhelming 6 goals and 6 assists across his 50 PL games. Clearly there aren’t many better than him in world football. It isn’t my job to suggest players better than what we have so we improve on 6th - that’s what the club have had 8 months to do considering they wrote last season off - but Olise. Neto. Antony. There’s 3. David can play wide. We aren’t going to win titles by building a squad full of mediocre rejects from Chelsea. If it wasn’t for the fact he’s cheap and used to play for ETH he wouldn’t even be suggested.

Bobski

Sure if we buy him and Frenkie we are only another 8 players and a specific south-western breeze away from unlocking the potential of the Donny.

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't mind Ziyech, but surely ETH knows it's not the way forward to just keep targeting players he has already coached.

bosnian_red

I don't mind Ziyech, but surely ETH knows it's not the way forward to just keep targeting players he has already coached.
I guess the counter point is United is very undesirable to most players who could improve us, whereas players managed by ten hag know what he is capable of.

the_cliff

Yes. I’m Underrating the guy Chelsea desperately want to get rid of for 8m quid after a very underwhelming 6 goals and 6 assists across his 50 PL games. Clearly there aren’t many better than him in world football. It isn’t my job to suggest players better than what we have so we improve on 6th - that’s what the club have had 8 months to do considering they wrote last season off - but Olise. Neto. Antony. There’s 3. David can play wide. We aren’t going to win titles by building a squad full of mediocre rejects from Chelsea. If it wasn’t for the fact he’s cheap and used to play for ETH he wouldn’t even be suggested.
A lot of factors come into performances, Ziyech when under ETH had a season of 20+ assists but let's forget about that.
Then you go on and mention Olise and Neto who are talented but haven't proven themselves anywhere near the level Ziyech has.

I said Attainable if you think spending 100m for Antony is a better deal than Ziyech for 8m idk what to say.

bosnian_red

Some criminal underrating of Ziyech going on.

Only reason we should complain is because he's 29 but are we in that position now?
Not even that much of a problem considering Antony is our longer term goal anyway. Doesn't impact us going for him next summer if we still want to.

C3Pique

For 8m it makes sense given our total lack of options. It's basically swapping him for Eric 'crock' Bailly ffs.