g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Hannibal Mejbri image 46

Hannibal Mejbri Tunisia flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We saw what our training was like this week in that clip. All laughs, jokes, half-arsed keepy uppy contests, trying and failing to kick and control a ball off a net.

Obviously other teams don't treat training like a social gathering.

Mmm-Qatarian

We saw what our training was like this week in that clip. All laughs, jokes, half-arsed keepy uppy contests, trying and failing to kick and control a ball off a net.

I wish our club took a more serious attitude to training like relegation candidates Sevilla!

Crimson King

I doubt they take it that seriously when it's in front of the cameras. Once the media is gone they're much more likely to get into it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Just another terrible problem player we'll struggle to offload for any kind of fee. We can't half pick em.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Who does he think he is rocking up like that at a traditional club and acting like billy big bollocks? Ramos needs to spank some sense into him.

Mmm-Qatarian

For real though, it's hard to make to much of this story at the moment because it's not really clear how serious a "punishment" this is going to be, and we also don't have anything conclusive as to what has even led to it.

I don't really know how I would criticise or defend Hannibal in this scenario because it's not even clear what he's done. If the story about him laughing because of a mishandled pass is true, I think it's pretty naff to make an example of him like this.

Roboc7

The whole things is so ridiculous, complete waste of everyone’s time. The loan should just be terminated.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Huge club Seville :lol:
feckinh ridiculous, it gets even more insane:

"In the end, they are kids who have come and suddenly landed in a huge club like Sevilla in circumstances of maximum demand. And they need a bit of location."

For feck's sake. "Suddenly landed"? He's played EPL games for Manchester United, who the feck is Sevilla?

Every goddamn yahoo is taking a dig at us. Quique was managing fecking Watford, for feck's sake. Who is he to go on about huge clubs.

My blood is boiling hearing this shit. I hope INEOS puts an end to this crap and restores our reputation. This is not just about winning things, we have become a laughing stock off the pitch

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Got to laugh really. He's been there for 5 minutes and he's already mocked a teammate, got into abit of a heated debate with the more experienced players within the squad , dropped for their upcoming fixture and now the management have officially released a statement declaring him unpickable for the foreseeable future.
Amazing.

TheReligion

Abusive

Yes that’s why Sevilla look like they could be relegated

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feckinh ridiculous, it gets even more insane:

"In the end, they are kids who have come and suddenly landed in a huge club like Sevilla in circumstances of maximum demand. And they need a bit of location."

For feck's sake. "Suddenly landed"? He's played EPL games for Manchester United, who the feck is Sevilla?

Every goddamn yahoo is taking a dig at us. Quique was managing fecking Watford, for feck's sake. Who is he to go on about huge clubs.

My blood is boiling hearing this shit. I hope INEOS puts an end to this crap and restores our reputation. This is not just about winning things, we have become a laughing stock off the pitch
Nobody is criticizing us. They're criticizing a young player who thinks he's a big dog because he came through United's youth academy (despite doing feck all for the first time but just foul players in the limited game time he had). So yes, the manager is fair to say that he needs to learn his place.

NewGlory

Nobody is criticizing us. They're criticizing a young player who thinks he's a big dog because he came through United's youth academy (despite doing feck all for the first time but just foul players in the limited game time he had). So yes, the manager is fair to say that he needs to learn his place.
Mejbri is not an academy player anymore. He's played more senior team minutes than Mount, this season

Saying that United player on loan is stunned by joining a "huge club" Sevilla, is a dig at United, whether you want to see it or not

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mejbri is not an academy player anymore. He's played more senior team minutes than Mount, this season

Saying that United player on loan is stunned by joining a "huge club" Sevilla, is a dig at United, whether you want to see it or not
An academy graduate who played about 400 minutes this season before it was decided he wasn't good enough so we sent him out. Last season he was loaned out to a championship club and was ok at best, but didn't really impress much either (Amad and Garner are examples of players who were loaned to the Championship and actually impressed).

As of now, he is a young player who has done nothing at senior professional level. He needs to learn his place if he's acting like he's above Sevilla, because he really isn't.

Giggsyking

They are in relegation zone ffs.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It's probably a little bit of both in reality if we're honest. Mejbri was probably being a bit of a cock, the Sevilla players have definitely overreacted because they're all cnuts, and the manager was probably too weak to step in and calm everything down. As long as somebody puts their arm round Mejbri and tells him to keep cool for a few weeks, and the senior players finally grow a pair he'll be back in the squad in a few weeks and hopefully we can see what he's made of. Not the best loan but also an opportunity to learn that it's not always about taking the piss out of your teammates and there's a time to be serious and respectful. Hopefully he can take it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Of course Hannibal's loan has already gone to crap.

I know nobody's to blame. It could have happened to anyone's loan. Just, somehow, it always seems like this stuff happens to us more than anyone else.

Atheist

Why do we keep loaning players to Sevilla? Martial was a disaster and this one’s turning to be a similar one. Not that the players might not be at fault but the environment there doesn’t seem suited to getting what we want (higher value of players when we can sell them).

Zed is not dead

It's not common sense at all.

"After being with him, talking to him and having seen his first minutes in Girona, we are going to give him the necessary space to understand where he is, that he is at Sevilla and what it means," manager Quique Sánchez Flores

^ to suggest he's not made a bad impression would just be dumb.
Before this, there were no reports of anything related to his behaviour in training.
By all accounts he was simply a bit shite against Girona.

The quotes from the manager can mean anything from « he’s a cocky bastard that got into a fight in training » to « he’s in a club usually challenging for European spots now fighting for relegation so he needs adjusting to demands ».

I’ve only read about issues in training in this thread and that was reported by a single poster. People don’t even bother to check whether there’s any substance to the story but collectively decided he’s got a stinking attitude and use this as a stick to beat the club with.

There were no reports about his attitude at United nor during his loan last season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Before this, there were no reports of anything related to his behaviour in training.

The quotes from the manager can mean anything from « he’s a cocky bastard that got into a fight in training » to « he’s in a club usually challenging for European spots now fighting for relegation so he needs adjusting to demands ».

I’ve only read about issues in training in this thread and that was reported by a single poster. People don’t even bother to check whether there’s any substance to the story but collectively decided he’s got a stinking attitude and use this as a stick to beat the club with.

There were no reports about his attitude at United nor during his loan last season.
Fair enough on commenting prior to the article coming out. But now that the article is out, it's silly to suggest it can mean anything. I think the meaning is clear - he's come in and unimpressed.

Zed is not dead

Fair enough on commenting prior to the article coming out. But now that the article is out, it's silly to suggest it can mean anything. I think the meaning is clear - he's come in and unimpressed.
Yes but as he was objectively bad when he played, it’s legitimate to think the manager could either be talking about his performances or attitude. But other than a post on this thread, we don’t know which it is with certainty

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes but as he was objectively bad when he played, it’s legitimate to think the manager could either be talking about his performances or attitude. But other than a post on this thread, we don’t know which it is with certainty
You don't get benched for the foreseeable future and have those quotes leveled from one bad game.

johnnyteutonic

I'll take the heat for this one. I am not sure if this is a dubious source for you so I will share where I read that - this is in relation to what I read about the training ground fight with Telles (who himself has a Sevilla connection, interestingly enough):

Chris Wheeler is listed as tier 3 on the reddevils sub so I'm guessing dubious reliability?

I honestly don't know much about him so you can also speculate as I'm sure many others can chime in about how credible he is.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think the MEN story about Hannibal being sidelined indefinitely is accurate. The Sevilla manager said he was returning to the squad, and he is in the squad. The MEN quote seems mistranslated to me.

Last edited:

led_scholes

Huge club Seville :lol:
They are a big club. Especially for a young player who has played mostly on championship and u21 games.

Anyway, I don't think it's a big thing. He is in the squad already. I guess with Sevilla fighting for staying up the atmosphere is tense. I remember watching Ramos having a go with a fan. So it is probably a small miscommunication by Hannibal and some senior players.

Zed is not dead

You don't get benched for the foreseeable future and have those quotes leveled from one bad game.
Yes but as far as public available information, we have nothing. We can only speculate based on something said here.
I don’t mind it as long as people know they’re speculating instead of spouting hard truths about how shite United is in character building and so on.

Also people believe it’s only our youth but it’s a general thing throughout football. People were raving about Cherki when he clearly has a lot of disciplinary and attitude related issues. Heck half of the French U21s have the same issues.
Foden had the same issues as Greenwood, Sancho as well. So it’s not something down to our academy or how inept we are at managing talents

Zed is not dead

I'll take the heat for this one. I am not sure if this is a dubious source for you so I will share where I read that - this is in relation to what I read about the training ground fight with Telles (who himself has a Sevilla connection, interestingly enough):

Chris Wheeler is listed as tier 3 on the reddevils sub so I'm guessing dubious reliability?

I honestly don't know much about him so you can also speculate as I'm sure many others can chime in about how credible he is.
Yeah I remember this story. But anyone who has ever played football knows players fight during training sessions

NewGlory

As of now, he is a young player who has done nothing at senior professional level. He needs to learn his place if he's acting like he's above Sevilla, because he really isn't.
100% agree with what you said in the last sentence and we should have taught him that. Which is probably why Quique's words stung so much, at least for me

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
In most walks of life, if you laugh at a workplace colleague for making a mistake in front of everyone then you'll be on the shitlist, especially if yo do it in the first week or two of starting there
It's football. People laugh at each other on the pitch. It's probably more cultural than rude if anything

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes but as far as public available information, we have nothing. We can only speculate based on something said here.
I don’t mind it as long as people know they’re speculating instead of spouting hard truths about how shite United is in character building and so on.

Also people believe it’s only our youth but it’s a general thing throughout football. People were raving about Cherki when he clearly has a lot of disciplinary and attitude related issues. Heck half of the French U21s have the same issues.
Foden had the same issues as Greenwood, Sancho as well. So it’s not something down to our academy or how inept we are at managing talents
Hes been dropped already for the foreseeable future with some harsh comments from the manager. We don't need to speculate what his situation is at this stage.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Of course Hannibal's loan has already gone to crap.

I know nobody's to blame. It could have happened to anyone's loan. Just, somehow, it always seems like this stuff happens to us more than anyone else.
Wow! Hopefully the new ineos team will put some resources into finding out why that is. That is I assume you are tracking other clubs' loanees too.