2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

GazTheLegend

Great cameo, and essentially killed Villa stone dead in what could have been an awkward 9 minutes.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would be nice if he stuck around for the season and gets some more minutes. Love a shithouse.

Glorio

Good to see him showing some of his dribbling at this level. I know he hasn't been brilliant the last 2 appearances, but it's atrocious that we've left actual midfielders like him on the bench and dealt a huge amount of self-sabotage to our season by insisting on playing a single midfielder for so many games

didz

Great cameo, and essentially killed Villa stone dead in what could have been an awkward 9 minutes.
In our youth teams he really reminded me a lot of Jack Grealish. That little dribbley cameo, pissing off Aston Villa of all teams, really brought that all back.

aeh1991

I'm reading he won't participate at the AFCON for transfer reasons. He seems not happy with the lack of playing time and want a loan move.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I'd definitely loan him with us being out of Europe, the emergence of Mainoo and hopefully returning players (Casemiro and Mount).

DM: Casemiro, Mainoo, Eriksen, Amrabat
AM: Bruno, Mount, McTominay

3 from 7 from those options for rest of season should be fine (hopefully Amrabat and McT getting the least minutes). Gore could possibly be added to the mix too

Last edited:

mav_9me

I'd definitely loan him with us being out of Europe, the emergence of Mainoo and hopefully returning players (Casemiro and Mount).

DM: Casemiro, Mainoo, Amrabat
AM: Bruno, Mount, McTominay

3 from 6 from those options for rest of season should be fine (hopefully Amrabat and McT getting the least minutes). Gore could possibly be added to the mix too
Loan to Freiburg would be good. Bundesliga is a decent opportunity to show your technical ability.

Gore as squad player should be fine.

OrcaFat

More than happy for him to go on loan. I think he’s brilliant. He’s shown quality in flashes, what he needs is experience. I think half a season of regular game time will do the trick. Honestly I’m delighted there’s no talk about him being sold - it’s a very good sign we are believing in our young players even when we can’t quite give them the game time yet.

Alemar

He seems not happy with the lack of playing time and want a loan move.
Of course he is not happy, his playing time is virtually non-existent. He played a grand total of 327 minutes in 9 games this season

userman

Surely on his way out on loan and a deal is probably sealed already - or else he should have been used to replace a knackered Eriksen today.

Bondi77

I would be betting that he will be signing a new 3yr deal and then going out on loan.

Sea-Cow

Of course he is not happy, his playing time is virtually non-existent. He played a grand total of 327 minutes in 9 games this season
And I don't think he has done poorly really in what few minutes he's had. And considering that the usual suspects in the squad haven't exactly been on fire this season, I would say he has genuine reasons for frustration.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Jesus I hope we're getting a midfielder in on loan or something to cover that
Not sure they will. Casemiro coming back, Mainoo, Bruno, Eriksen, McT, Amrabat, Amad and Gore getting some minutes, maybe they think that’s fine for five months.

Personally, I’d rather keep him and sell McT but only if a sale and only if £30-£40m.

If we’ve got a buyback clause, Hannibal gets minutes, we get a few pennies back in the FFP pot and if he kills it, we look again. Better then keeping him on the bench

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They’re 16th in the league — might get a bit of decent game time in a good league but he’d have been better off going for a side to boost his stats and PR a bit more. Could see this going similar to Pereira’s moves to Spain a few years back.
Personally, I’d rather keep him and sell McT but only if a sale and only if £30-£40m.
It seems the manager cannot play without him, unfortunately.

Bertie Wooster

That's really disappointing if it proves accurate.

There was definitely a Man United level midfielder (starter or squad) in Hannibal - certainly at the levels of many of our midfielders of the last decade! And it really feels like he's never been given much of a genuine go at establishing himself with us. Very occasional starts, and a number of bit part sub appearances, but never felt like he had any legitimate run in the team to try and bed in and establish himself with us.

Hopefully, if he does go, he'll get that opportunity at Sevilla. I don't know what their midfield options are like, but I see they're struggling at the wrong end of the table so doesn't look like it might be as tough an XI to break into as in recent years.

Good luck to him if he leaves, but I'd be very happy to see him stay and get some genuine opportunities here.

sepulturite

Not sure they will. Casemiro coming back, Mainoo, Bruno, Eriksen, McT, Amad and Gore getting some minutes, maybe they think that’s fine for five months.

If we’ve got a buyback clause, Hannibal gets minutes, we get a few pennies back in the FFP pot and if he kills it, we look again. Better then keeping hI’m on the bench
Yeh Id definitely prefer to keep him and sell McT but that's not going to happen unfortunately. Your probably right though, looking at that list of players we should be ok for the rest of the season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Jesus I hope we're getting a midfielder in on loan or something to cover that
Why? We have 1 game a week from now on and he plays in the position that Bruno does, and Bruno is never injured anyway. This is the time when we need to shed our squad and not worry about multiple backups. Even 2 players per position is overkill

sepulturite

Why? We have 1 game a week from now on and he plays in the position that Bruno does, and Bruno is never injured anyway. This is the time when we need to shed our squad and not worry about multiple backups. Even 2 players per position is overkill
Yeh as I said above we'll probably be ok alright, we actually have plenty of cover, more than I realised

Anustart89

That's really disappointing if it proves accurate.

There was definitely a Man United level midfielder (starter or squad) in Hannibal - certainly at the levels of many of our midfielders of the last decade! And it really feels like he's never been given much of a genuine go at establishing himself with us. Very occasional starts, and a number of bit part sub appearances, but never felt like he had any legitimate run in the team to try and bed in and establish himself with us.

Hopefully, if he does go, he'll get that opportunity at Sevilla. I don't know what their midfield options are like, but I see they're struggling at the wrong end of the table so doesn't look like it might be as tough an XI to break into as in recent years.

Good luck to him if he leaves, but I'd be very happy to see him stay and get some genuine opportunities here.
Could also be that he hasn't shown the required quality in training (and the appearances he has had) to establish himself as a valuable squad member for us. You have to take your chances when given them, you can't just expect to get a run in the team like it's some divine right by virtue of being a squad member.

It's not like it's impossible to get an introduction to the team, just look at Kobbie who's got undeniable talent who has quickly established himself as an important part of the squad, despite being side-tracked by a lengthy injury.

jadaba

That's a decent move for him given our limited fixture list but from what I've seen so far I'd rather he comes back at the end of it and it isn't made permanent, he's got an encouraging fire and energy that's been useful and distinct from others this season. Hopefully he gets a proper opportunity run of games to help evolve that raw energy of his into something more refined. I haven't watched Sevilla at all but seeing that they're practically in a relegation battle it'll be interesting to see how he looks in a struggling team.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Was it Palace away where he covered every blade of grass? Thought he might have kicked on from there.

Bertie Wooster

Could also be that he hasn't shown the required quality in training (and the appearances he has had) to establish himself as a valuable squad member for us. You have to take your chances when given them, you can't just expect to get a run in the team like it's some divine right by virtue of being a squad member.

It's not like it's impossible to get an introduction to the team, just look at Kobbie who's got undeniable talent who has quickly established himself as an important part of the squad, despite being side-tracked by a lengthy injury.
It could be, yeah. Though I'd also say Mainoo's been helped by the role he plays, and the lack of other options to cover for Casemiro's injury. Sometimes a gap opening up like that - similar to Rashford - is what a youngster needs to get that opportunity.

I'd also say, at this stage, he should be nearer the first team than Dan Gore (who I do rate as well). If Gore was to be loaned out now, I doubt he'd be linked to the likes of Sevilla, Lyon and Freiburg as Hannibal is. But I think that's the problem - Hannibal's at that stage, and level, where he's wanted by clubs like that so can hardly hang around United never playing and even dropping back into the U21's. Whereas Gore can for the second half of the season without anyone batting an eyelid, as he's a little way behind.

Personally, I'd have preferred to loan Gore out as this stage - probably to the championship - if one had to leave, and give Hannibal one genuine chance to prove himself either way. But I guess either is valid and, as you say, ETH sees them all in training (though, by that argument, you can defend all his selection choices on the basis that he sees more than we do).

Bertie Wooster

He should take up gardening then because he has not done much with the ball at his feet.
The thing is though, he really can. At least at U18 / U21 level - he was usually the playmaker looking to get on the ball and makes things happen with direct running and passing.

He also had that energetic, fiery side to his game as well. But he was the playmaker, not a DM or anything. Whether he's been told to play things safe with the ball, and to offer energy off it. Or whether he's fallen into that with so many more experienced, individualistic players ahead of him, I'm not sure. But he can definitely offer more on the ball than he's shown / been able to show so far. And that's why I'd find it really frustrating if he leaves permanently before we've really made much of an attempt to unlock that raw potential.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It could be, yeah. Though I'd also say Mainoo's been helped by the role he plays, and the lack of other options to cover for Casemiro's injury. Sometimes a gap opening up like that - similar to Rashford - is what a youngster needs to get that opportunity.

I'd also say, at this stage, he should be nearer the first team than Dan Gore (who I do rate as well). If Gore was to be loaned out now, I doubt he'd be linked to the likes of Sevilla, Lyon and Freiburg as Hannibal is. But I think that's the problem - Hannibal's at that stage, and level, where he's wanted by clubs like that so can hardly hang around United never playing and even dropping back into the U21's. Whereas Gore can for the second half of the season without anyone batting an eyelid, as he's a little way behind.

Personally, I'd have preferred to loan Gore out as this stage - probably to the championship - if one had to leave, and give Hannibal one genuine chance to prove himself either way. But I guess either is valid and, as you say, ETH sees them all in training (though, by that argument, you can defend all his selection choices on the basis that he sees more than we do).
It's purely down to role. Hannibal plays in Bruno's role. Bruno plays every game, so he's never going to get much of a chance here (understandably). Mainoo, gore play in deeper areas where we are a shit show, so it's different.

city-puma

He needs to leave to further develop his game. I don’t see ETH will give him enough playing time nor play him to his strengths.