Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Class finish. What a clever allround player. Probably destined to be a midfielder but played essentially as a striker and bagged a goal. Great.

Mark Pawelek

I don't think we will see him at senior level this season. Just doesn't look ready to me in any way. Has loads of time but to play CM at senior level takes a lot. Maybe a cameo in the wide spaces at some stage !
If we're 2 or 3 up, I think we'll see him as a sub for Pogba or Fernandes, to give them a rest, but keep pressure on opps. That kind of work-rate towards the end of a game will scare opps, plus the quality.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
From what I saw of him today, reminded me of an up and coming Fernando Torres.

though still abit of a bull in a china shop, once he ages abit more, that will be a real asset to his play.

One day we’ll here a commentator say:
Zidane plays through ball to Hannibal and he scores!

Last edited:

mav_9me

To me it's clear he's best as a box to box midfielder. Understandable he didn't play there with 3 players his senior in Garner, Levitt, and Galbraith in midfield.
Yeah. To me it's fairly obvious that's his best position. Maybe the coaches are working on something with him playing him there. Or needs must. Or they maybe considering pushing further up the pitch.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Already speaks like a first team manutd player

Can't wait to see him in first team

Tarrou

hey i just met you, and this is crazy
but here's my number, so call me Mejbri

mattunited1978

doommonger
To me it's clear he's best as a box to box midfielder. Understandable he didn't play there with 3 players his senior in Garner, Levitt, and Galbraith in midfield.
Agreed, dont think theres any doubt about it. Theres a bit of over analysis going on in here, when the reality is, he played there today as a means to get minutes into everyone they wanted to get minutes into and having no obvious Centre forward available.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Agreed, dont think theres any doubt about it. Theres a bit of over analysis going on in here, when the reality is, he played there today as a means to get minutes into everyone they wanted to get minutes into and having no obvious Centre forward available.
Yes, I imagine he will be back to the central midfield role soon as a couple of the players that played there today are probably heading off on loan.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Yeah. To me it's fairly obvious that's his best position. Maybe the coaches are working on something with him playing him there. Or needs must. Or they maybe considering pushing further up the pitch.
Coaches will very often put a youngster in a different position to see how they perform, if they can adapt to that position. Also it gives the player a view of how other players perform in their favoured position, whilst playing close to them, it will give the coaches an idea of the players football intelligence, awareness and willingness to play a different role in a team. I would say from the reports I've read, that the lad did well.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Coaches will very often put a youngster in a different position to see how they perform, if they can adapt to that position. Also it gives the player a view of how other players perform in their favoured position, whilst playing close to them, it will give the coaches an idea of the players football intelligence, awareness and willingness to play a different role in a team. I would say from the reports I've read, that the lad did well.
I watched most of the game. He looked a bit lost in the first half but still had the odd moment, but 2nd half he put himself about and did pretty well. Don't think it's his long term position but a great test for him and chance to learn some new things.

pascell

Waiting for Levitt and Garner to leave on loan, then we'll drop him in CM.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I watched most of the game. He looked a bit lost in the first half but still had the odd moment, but 2nd half he put himself about and did pretty well. Don't think it's his long term position but a great test for him and chance to learn some new things.
From your comments it sounds like he managed to adjust himself a little in his unaccustomed position second half, probably just what the coaches wanted.
Like you, I don't think it will be his long term position, but a good learning experience for the lad.

In Rainbows

Challenged by having a role with a defender on his back when receiving the ball all match, and had great touches to retain possession. Great learning experience and should give his coaches some confidence in how he deals with stronger players.

Coops73

Challenged by having a role with a defender on his back when receiving the ball all match, and had great touches to retain possession. Great learning experience and should give his coaches some confidence in how he deals with stronger players.
He looks a real prospect, skill full, tenacious, I think he could get some game time in the first team this season and that video shows how he can take some knocks and mix it up physically. I’ll be excited to see more of him.

Himannv

I don't quite like him there or as a conventional #10, truth be told — just doesn't seem to be a naturally authoritative or inventive forward (for reference Elanga looks more commanding when he got into similar-ish zones in attack from wider areas). But maybe the coaches reckon he is not developed/mature enough to take a battering as a 2-way central midfielder week in and week out, especially in the English leagues — where the game is rougher than say La Liga or Primeira Liga or the Eredivisie, so they are protecting him by playing him further up the pitch in less clustered spaces...dunno?
You reckon he's more of a number 8 in a 3-man midfield?

Smores

I'd like to see him get a couple of cup games this season rather than just playing the first team like we did the season gone.

VDB is going to be another hurdle to him breaking into the first team so we need to make sure he gets games where possible.

In Rainbows

I'd like to see him get a couple of cup games this season rather than just playing the first team like we did the season gone.

VDB is going to be another hurdle to him breaking into the first team so we need to make sure he gets games where possible.
The EFL trophy will be a good, small test for the players to see if they can handle playing against men.

Lj82

He looks a real prospect, skill full, tenacious, I think he could get some game time in the first team this season and that video shows how he can take some knocks and mix it up physically. I’ll be excited to see more of him.
His tenacity really stands out. Good characteristic to have.

TsuWave

this tweet is hilarious to me because every time I hear about the Neville kid people are talking about how rubbish he is :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
A few more very highly rated youth players as in well scouted, possible high fee, on the verge of or already broken through to the first team of the selling club. Hannibal currently looks like our most exciting prospect and 10 million could seem like a serious bargain in a few years. Stevanovic at partizan looks like another punt of the same kind and in a similar price range.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Don't think he'll get a chance this coming season, too many players in front of him at the moment with 6 players capable of playing in the central midfield roles and 5 in the AM roles before we even consider if he's ahead of Garner, Levitt etc.

Obviously some of those will leave, but not enough to make him 4th choice for any of them which is when I'd expect him to get an odd call up.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Don't think he'll get a chance this coming season, too many players in front of him at the moment with 6 players capable of playing in the central midfield roles and 5 in the AM roles before we even consider if he's ahead of Garner, Levitt etc.

Obviously some of those will leave, but not enough to make him 4th choice for any of them which is when I'd expect him to get an odd call up.
Not to be pedantic but there are 7

Pogba, Bruno, Matic, Fred, McTominay, VDB, Pereira.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

this tweet is hilarious to me because every time I hear about the Neville kid people are talking about how rubbish he is :lol:
When your dad is called either “feck off Phil“ or “Big toe” you don’t stand much chance.

klayton88

That pass at 1:46 - Incredible. Perfect weight. Not been this excited about a youth product in a long while.