Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Roux

So you're suggesting United should do what City have been alleged to have done - ie: cheat?
Paying your players isn't cheating... not sure how you link this to City's hiding of finances.

You suggesting we turn down world class players just because their wages would be in the 200-300k bracket?

windycityfan

Can somebody open a thread on Joao Felix?

[Belen Sanchez, Jugones] Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo: "We were told by Chelsea less than 24 hours ago that they and Pochettino don't want Joao Felix. He'll come back and we'll see what happens. We have no plans for him"

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Paying your players isn't cheating... not sure how you link this to City's hiding of finances.

You suggesting we turn down world class players just because their wages would be in the 200-300k bracket?
The OTT wages was in reference to City and what they have been accused of doing, paying players under the table on top of their 'declared' salary'

Roux

The OTT wages was in reference to City and what they have been accused of doing, paying players under the table on top of their 'declared' salary'
How does that relate to what i said? At no point did i suggest anything illegal.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
How does that relate to what i said? At no point did i suggest anything illegal.
You didn't but you were replying to a post that was part of a chain that was referencing how City are paying OTT wages the illegal way

Of course United should pay the wages that Kane would demand

Tarrou

If I were Harry is definitely take a few seasons at Madrid over PL top scorer

I mean it’s like joining the anti-Spurs, guaranteed a few trophies

Roux

You didn't but you were replying to a post that was part of a chain that was referencing how City are paying OTT wages the illegal way

Of course United should pay the wages that Kane would demand
This doesn't make any sense - i replied to your post which stated top players wouldn't want to rotate - i replied with an example of City having 4 CB's that rotate with complete success.

No part of your chain makes reference to City paying illegal wages - and even if it did, it had nothing to do with the sentence above. .

Mainoldo

I'm just saying the whole 'he's English so he doesn't give a feck about Madrid' is a weird idea. Real Madrid signed English players in the past, they are, by all accounts, about to sign one of most highly rated English midfielders of this generation so clearly top English players aren't averse to going there and why would they be?

The chance to break Shearer's record is a better argument. But if that's his priority, he's in a comfortable position: he doesn't even have to go anywhere to do that.
But the whole point of this transfer is that his team is rubbish. Why can’t he want a better team whilst also breaking the scoring record whilst also winning trophies.

It’s not impossible to get all three, which is why I don’t see him wanting to go Madrid.

As for Bellingham he’s been abroad for 3 years now at the age or just 19. It’s not as big as a 29 year old making that change.

sepulturite

Can somebody open a thread on Joao Felix?

[Belen Sanchez, Jugones] Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo: "We were told by Chelsea less than 24 hours ago that they and Pochettino don't want Joao Felix. He'll come back and we'll see what happens. We have no plans for him"

Why did you post this in the Harry Kane thread?

Cloud7

There’s a weird assumption going on in here that people know Kane’s thoughts and aspirations when he’s probably one of the players you can be the least clear about assuming things in that regard

sepulturite

I don’t have Transfer forum thread posting privileges. I’m asking for someone that does, to do it for the benefit of the forum.
Then you pm a mod asking about it, best thing to do, not posting a completely irrelevant post and tweet about it in here.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
There’s a weird assumption going on in here that people know Kane’s thoughts and aspirations when he’s probably one of the players you can be the least clear about assuming things in that regard
That's true, personally I don't think he'll go to Madrid and it's nothing to do with footballing reasons, he has young kids, I don't see him uprooting them to a country where they don't speak the language and especially one with so much media scrutiny

Cloud7

That's true, personally I don't think he'll go to Madrid and it's nothing to do with footballing reasons, he has young kids, I don't see him uprooting them to a country where they don't speak the language and especially one with so much media scrutiny
My opinion for a long time has been that the most likely outcome of his transfer situation is that he stays at Spurs.

He was certainly keen on the City transfer, though since that has since fallen through, it’s tough to say what he might want. As you said, regarding his family and such, staying in England does make the most sense, albeit if he comes to United there would be some degree of uprooting, though a lesser one. And of course the PL record. If it’s trophies that he is after, with City off the table Real are arguably the best other club that he could go to. They are always in with a chance of La Liga and the CL.

So who really knows what he will choose to do, but I don’t think there’s any clear answer or assumptions that we can make.

croadyman

Do you consider City our direct rivals? Put local rivalry aside for a moment - imagine they are called Worcester City instead of Manchester City. Are they our rivals?
Cheers for that reference to where I was born

croadyman

If he wants to come to United he’s going to have to fight for it. He’s going to have to kick up a major fuss, really channel that frustration from not being allowed to join City. If he rolls over for Levy again, he is basically done. City have Haaland now, we will sign a striker, Chelsea will sign a striker, Liverpool have Gakpo and Nunez. This is his Sheringham/Berba moment. His last real chance to join a winning club and achieve something domestically.
Yeah and I have never got the impression he is truly willing to go to war with Levy in order to force through this move. Put it this way Spurs are never gonna sell to a rival if he just leaves it in their hands that's for certain

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
His wife is pregnant also at the moment so I think this is something to consider. I also think this means it is unlikely he will leave England.

croadyman

His wife is pregnant also at the moment so I think this is something to consider. I also think this means it is unlikely he will leave England.
Yeah plus he is having a house built near Wentworth so hard to see him leaving London

JagUTD

Can he buy out his contract?

Unlikely as it is that he would, if possible, the way Levy acts this would be one way for Spurs players to put an end to his nonsense.

Loon

:lol:
He wanted to go a few years back and Levy said no. I wonder what sort of relationship they have? Doubt there's a gentleman's agreement there...

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I'd forgotten that, I'd be very surprised if he left England

croadyman

Nowt wrong with Worcester City, went to a few games at their old ground a lifetime ago with my cousin
Yeah and we had that epic FA Cup Replay shootout with Scunthorpe Utd in 2014 after beating Coventry City in previous round

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Yeah and I have never got the impression he is truly willing to go to war with Levy in order to force through this move. Put it this way Spurs are never gonna sell to a rival if he just leaves it in their hands that's for certain
Spot on. He doesn’t seem the sort to kick off, although I suppose he’s concerned about his legacy with the spurs fans too. He’s idolised at the moment - even though he was an Arsenal youth.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spot on. He doesn’t seem the sort to kick off, although I suppose he’s concerned about his legacy with the spurs fans too. He’s idolised at the moment - even though he was an Arsenal youth.
That's because we all know he and his entire family are all Spurs fans.

cheekybackheel

I think if Kane doesn't come to United this summer, he's never going to come.

To be honest, I wouldn't touch him after another season at Spurs. Year older, more injury prone running his ass off surrounded by mediocre players. No thanks.

We'd have moved on by then.

croadyman

I think if Kane doesn't come to United this summer, he's never going to come.

To be honest, I wouldn't touch him after another season at Spurs. Year older, more injury prone running his ass off surrounded by mediocre players. No thanks.

We'd have moved on by then.
Yeah it's definitely now or never

Rob Bowman

My opinion for a long time has been that the most likely outcome of his transfer situation is that he stays at Spurs.

He was certainly keen on the City transfer, though since that has since fallen through, it’s tough to say what he might want. As you said, regarding his family and such, staying in England does make the most sense, albeit if he comes to United there would be some degree of uprooting, though a lesser one. And of course the PL record. If it’s trophies that he is after, with City off the table Real are arguably the best other club that he could go to. They are always in with a chance of La Liga and the CL.

So who really knows what he will choose to do, but I don’t think there’s any clear answer or assumptions that we can make.
The team I am worried about is New Castle...

L1nk

This already seems dead in the water to be honest, move on quickly I say

croadyman

Need to get Osimhen price down then but that looks an impossible ask UNLESS he pushes for the move of course

davidmichael

If true then we need to move on to Osimhen rather than dragging a saga on all summer for Kane like we did with De Jong last summer, if Osimhen is a no go for less than £100 million then move on to Ferguson as he’s as good as every one else outside of Osimhen and Kane.

croadyman

If true then we need to move on to Osimhen rather than dragging a saga on all summer for Kane like we did with De Jong last summer, if Osimhen is a no go for less than £100 million then move on to Ferguson as he’s as good as every one else outside of Osimhen and Kane.
Don't see Osimhen for less than £130m