Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

Honestly feels like we've been dragged into something here, someone used the United journalists last night to push this and now they are all backtracking on it
Yeah they should have been smarter

Tarrou

A tier 0 a source as you can get
I'm convinced we'll say this to any journalist that asks at the moment, which is how we should play it.

We're also aware it's unlikely Levy will sell to us for a reasonable fee. But I also think we might go for a cheeky bid late in the window to test their resolve in the face of losing him for nothing. In the meantime, we'll focus on Rasmus so we're not left too short, and we always have Rashford too. Ideally we need to sign two strikers, but you can't depend on it in this market. Also, we need to shift some dead-wood before this is even that possible.

I think Kane is probably on board with the plan too.

AlexUTD

They just keep coming and coming
Højlund is probably the most logical transfer since the club has FFP to think of (thanks Glazers) and Højlund is young and have great potential and alittle cheaper in wages and transfer price. And he is a United supporter wich also Ten Hag can mould into the type of player he wants.

But the transfer muppet in me wants Kane or Mbappe!

redshaw

Up to Bayern to put in a good offer and he's theirs if the majority owner is stepping in. Obviously Bayern will try several low offers, closer they get to £100m the better.

Would be a good move for him, good team lacking a striker, Tuchel a CL winner with Chelsea and back to back final and semi-final with PSG. Gets to experience a new country and league for a little while and Spurs get some money while not selling to PL club.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't care what it f@cking costs, I don't care how much we have to pay him. When subtracted from whoever we were to get instead and their salary, it would be worth it

Doracle

They just keep coming and coming
Problem is that we should be in for him. It’s so fundamentally the best move for us that we should be moving heaven and earth to make it work. Can you imagine if Kane scores 40 next season having moved to Bayern for £80m because he had no other options and we find we’ve spent £50m on the modern day equivalent of Francis Jeffers?

Syphon Wallet

Problem is that we should be in for him. It’s so fundamentally the best move for us that we should be moving heaven and earth to make it work. Can you imagine if Kane scores 40 next season having moved to Bayern for £80m because he had no other options and we find we’ve spent £50m on the modern day equivalent of Francis Jeffers?
Good luck getting levy to sell to prem for 80m
To bayern.... Yes.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
It is a pipe dream; we cannot afford him this summer, without significant boost from sales.

L1nk

But again... like your post and many others you're all getting on the clubs back as if the club hasn't bothered to do anything with the Kane situation, where as all reports actually suggest he's actually the first thing we pushed for and continue to keep an eye on. But genuinely what do you want the club to do when

1. They predominantly do not want to sell in general
2. They definitely do not want to sell to a Premier League team
3. They especially definitely do not want to sell to Manchester United
4. They will ask for an excessive sum beyond what the likes of Bayern Munich will pay because of being in the same league
5. From recent reports Kane's wage demands are absurd for someone of his age
6. The club doesn't currently have the financial resources, be that money or ffp, whichever you want to believe. We have to sell players in order to afford Amrabat ffs

Like seriously what do you want the club to do?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I don't really want Kane. He's slow and he's old and he's only going to get slower and older.

Yeah speed of though proven goal scorer blah blah. Not worth the stupid money Levi will want.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Can anyone confirm, please:
If Spurs were to acknowledge Kane is for sale, can't he say 'I'm only interested in Utd, or I leave on a free next season.'
Thanks.
Thankfully, football is not NBA where player doesn't have any influence in transfers. In European sports, player can refuse to go, club can refuse to sell.
In Kane's case (if we make an offer) it can be situation who blinks first.
In theory we can offer 60 mil, Bayern 100 mil. And Kane still can say; "United or i stay". In theory.....

zenith

Don't think ETH will go for him. He does not seem a fan of super star signings and is trying to build a system of play rather than depend on stars. If Kane was on a free, the chances would be much higher but right now the most likely outcome seems that he goes to bayern for big money.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just Kanes passing turns us to the lesser version of ronaldo, benzema & bale - especially with a specific return

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thankfully, football is not NBA where player doesn't have any influence in transfers. In European sports, player can refuse to go, club can refuse to sell.
In theory we can offer 60 mil, Bayern 100 mil. And Kane still can say; "United or i stay". In theory.....
That sounds like wishful thinking. If Tottenham would be willing to sell Kane to you for 60mil, he'd already be with you. In this scenario, Spurs will just keep him for another season.

The fact that Bayern stepped into negotiations does not change this constellation one single bit.

seegoblu

An ideal plan would be to get Kane in this summer and then buy a young but proven striker opportunistically over the next 2-3 windows. In the meantime, that would allow the club to repopulate the right sided CB position as well as find a replacement for Casemiro (if it isn't going to be Mainoo) with premium players in their prime.

Kane is the bridge that allows ETH to execute on his plan in the short term while allowing him to buy talent for the long term.

Abraxas

This example is nothing to do with blinking. Tottenham wouldn't even view that as a decision to make. Let's at least make it make sense in the real world when we create these examples. For Tottenham's resolve to be tested we have to completely forget that he's out of contract and pretend he isn't. Because that is the level of finances that would probably be needed for them to sell to us. 100 million as the likely starting point.

Michael T

Thank you.

worldinmotion66

One of the best number 9’s in world football in his peak years? He’ll play deep into his 30’s if he wants to, 29 isn’t old when you don’t rely heavily on pace.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The only way Kane is ending up at Manchester United is on a free transfer in 2024.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't really want Kane. He's slow and he's old and he's only going to get slower and older.

Yeah speed of though proven goal scorer blah blah. Not worth the stupid money Levi will want.
It is all about how we (club) look at that striker investment. Kane is the best no9 in the world right now. And he would be short term investment, without any resale value but who can guarantee trophy challenge for next lets say 3 years. After that we are again in striker search.
Hojlund is a long term investment. But big gamble for that money and big question about current and future impact.
On the other hand, if he will be a hit than we have a striker for next 7-8 years (who can be always sold for good money).

It is up to club. Personally, i would go for Kane.

L1nk

One of the best number 9’s in world football in his peak years? He’ll play deep into his 30’s if he wants to, 29 isn’t old when you don’t rely heavily on pace.
It isn't about the fact he's 30, it's about the fact he apparently wants nearly 600k a week when 30. You say he'll play deep into his 30's but you also have no proof that he won't start to wane in 2-3 years.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thank you.
This makes zero sense. Tottenham will not sell Kane for 60Mil to United they'd rather just keep him another season. You'd have to pay more than us to get him.

Kane wants to leave ASAP and Levy knows this.

RedDevil@84

I don't care what it f@cking costs, I don't care how much we have to pay him. When subtracted from whoever we were to get instead and their salary, it would be worth it
No white text?
600k pw for 5 + 1 year deal and a transfer fee of 120M?

Wrecking ralf

He needs to stay at Tottenham until jan, then the ball really will be in his court.
I think that is our hope for signing him. Hence why we’re only looking to sign Hojlund in the summer. That will knock the price down a hell of a lot. Given that the sale won’t go through before the summer window closes and we’re short of funds until we can sell players

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
But again... like your post and many others you're all getting on the clubs back as if the club hasn't bothered to do anything with the Kane situation, where as all reports actually suggest he's actually the first thing we pushed for and continue to keep an eye on. But genuinely what do you want the club to do when

1. They predominantly do not want to sell in general
2. They definitely do not want to sell to a Premier League team
3. They especially definitely do not want to sell to Manchester United
4. They will ask for an excessive sum beyond what the likes of Bayern Munich will pay because of being in the same league
6. The club doesn't currently have the financial resources, be that money or ffp, whichever you want to believe. We have to sell players in order to afford Amrabat ffs

Like seriously what do you want the club to do?
I think some people don't quite understand how costly Kane will be on a yearly/FFP basis compared to Hojlund.

Kane for 100m fee and likely only a four year contract on 400k per week wages is going to cost around 46m per year in FFP terms, which is just a massive number. He'll be the most expensive player in the PL aside from perhaps Haaland.

Hojlund for 60m fee and a five year contract on 150k per week will cost 20m per year in FFP terms, which is not insignificant but pretty common for a good young player.

If United is truly up against the wall with FFP, its hard to make the case that they should just go out and add the most or second most expensive player by FFP in the entire PL and that if they don't do it something is wrong.

Or if ETH really wanted Kane, he should have found a cheaper solution to the midfield or GK positions than Mount (probably 25m per year by FFP) or Onana (somewhere between 15-20m per year by FFP depending on wages).

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He needs to stay at Tottenham until jan, then the ball really will be in his court.
If Spurs enter the season with him then there is absolutely no way that they would even consider selling him in january. What would be the point in that? They are willing to sacrifice 100 mil for results this season.

Crimson King

I think some people don't quite understand how costly Kane will be on a yearly/FFP basis compared to Hojlund.

Kane for 100m fee and likely only a four year contract on 400k per week wages is going to cost around 46m per year in FFP terms, which is just a massive number. He'll be the most expensive player in the PL aside from perhaps Haaland.

Hojlund for 60m fee and a five year contract on 150k per week will cost 20m per year in FFP terms, which is not insignificant but pretty common for a good young player.

If United is truly up against the wall with FFP, its hard to make the case that they should just go out and add the most or second most expensive player by FFP in the entire PL and that if they don't do it something is wrong.

Or if ETH really wanted Kane, he should have found a cheaper solution to the midfield or GK positions than Mount (probably 25m per year by FFP) or Onana (somewhere between 15-20m per year by FFP depending on wages).
I think EtH moved on pretty quickly from the idea of signing Kane. A lot of the stuff coming out at the moment is just conjecture from journos to create a story that isn't really there.

Personally, I think spreading the money over 2 very good players and a young talent like Højlund makes much more sense, in terms of sustainable team building. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I don't think Kane guarantees any trophies and so isn't worth it.

Woziak

Just to be clear here , the FFP figures you quote are indeed correct providing we buy players on agreed terms to match the contract duration of the new player, however assuming that the true transfer budget was £170m as rumoured after the ridiculous £100-120m, we could increase that transfer budget by selling academy players for net transfer profit.

Example A Elanga, D Henderson,
B Williams, E Laird, Z IQbal, C Savage, Sell on fee T Chong, M Jurado we could sell All of them for £40m and immediately add £150-200m to our budget as we are able to multiple the value by the length of the contract for players sold for net profit.

New FSP is 90% of turnover this year so the club reported turnover £640m allows United to spend £576m on wages, Net transfers including existing amortise transfer costs per year (we owe £308m in total and probably £90m per year), Agent Fees, Financials including P@L and all expenses.. our wages are reported to have reduced from £385m season 21/22 to £340m season 22/23, the club financials lost at least £35m plus an additional £50m in servicing the historic debt so that’s an £85m loss hence our small fine this summer which was based on the last 3 financial years and the Glazers misreading Uefa allowance for covid 19 financial recredits.

The Financial Sustainability rule of £576m threshold this year would be based on a very rough estimate is -
£340m ((wages),
£90m(Amortised transfer),
£85m (financials)
£25m (Agent Fees)
Leaving £576m - £540m = £36m multiplied by 4.5(av length of contracts) £160-170m transfer budget without selling.

Now by selling the homegrown players that I discussed, a total budget of £275m-350m is possible without FFP fines!

The real issues are that if we continue to pay on credit terms yearly we will eventually get in trouble because the new FSP rule reduce to 70% in 2025/26 season and we are constantly rolling on transfers costs into the never ending abyss and eventually will find out there is no more room to spend in this way.

Example if we increase revenue to £750m in season 25/26 we could only spend £525m on wages, net transfer fees, Debt, financials, expenses and agent fees, we spend £300m this summer on terms snd we add £60m to our annual amortised transfer debt now probably £135-140m, wages go up to £375m and as you can see without a new owner that will wipe out the debt, the club will be in huge trouble with Uefa.

The litmus test for “Are United being sold this summer?”
will be if we pay for some of these signing in one instalment this summer, using the Bank of America credit card facility because if we do, then you can be assure the Glazers are selling the club, because the £260m available would have to be paid back by Xmas at the latest for the club to trade in its normal way.

If Harry Kane was paid £100m in one instalment then you do not amortise his cost for the next four years at £25m per year on your accounts, it goes into this year in one hit against the increased budget due to selling Academy players. In short United could easily buy Kane for £100m and buy His hound for £60m over 5 years or maybe pay half upfront for Hojlund and then add 5 years at £6m amortised transfer plus £6m wages. I say that knowing this would only happen if we were being sold as the Glazers would never agree to repay the £260m credit card facility with their own money!

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It is all about how we (club) look at that striker investment. Kane is the best no9 in the world right now.
That would be Haaland at Manchester City. Who cost way less than this. And will sell for way more. And is way better at scoring goals. This deal just doesn't make much sense. The only thing I like about him is being English but it's not worth paying extra.

Tarrou

Can anyone confirm, please:
If Spurs were to acknowledge Kane is for sale, can't he say 'I'm only interested in Utd, or I leave on a free next season.'
Thanks.
yeah of course he could

why wouldn’t that be possible?

Turnbl

Kane holds all the cards here. The smart play for him is to inform the club that he is happy to see out the final year in his contract - or even via the media to turn the screw with a 'I've given 14 years to Spurs and I'm happy to help them reach new heights next season' spiel. The club and certainly Levy the money man won't let him walk for free, despite all the 'rivals' bluster. Either way Kane will get his choice of club this year or next, whoever that actually really is.

Red Royal

Doubt whatever happens he will come to us this summer; however hopefully this worries Atalanta enough for them to accept our bid for Hojlund.