Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I wonder if the medals are given to him when he signs the contract, or does he have to go through the formality of the games to get one.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He is Brazil’s number 9 and very highly rated over here. He is going to surprise you.
He's not some mystery signing, he's been in the PL for 6 years, everyone's seen him play plenty.

Abraxas

He is Brazil’s number 9 and very highly rated over here. He is going to surprise you.
I do agree that I think Richarlison is capable of doing a job and has much more in his locker than he's shown at Spurs. Conte never really trusted him.

But to be honest he's going to have to go some to fill the hole Kane leaves. That's the problem. They're going to have to be a far better football team to compensate for that.

JagUTD

He’s thick as pig shit.

He thinks we’d win the title if we just got Kane. That doesn’t even make logical sense. Of course it would improve us but it doesn’t mean we would win the title.

Even with Kane, City still have a better goal scorer in that position. So his argument would only stand if the other 10 Utd players were better than City’s other 10, which they ain’t. So not sure what his logic is.
Haaland was of course helped out by having a supply provided by a guy called Kev and his mates while Kane... Well,we all saw Spurs last season.

United have players capable of supplying Kane to a similar extent that KdB and co supplied Haaland. Our problem isn't creating but scoring so you might reasonably expect Kane would solve that problem.

Oh well.

croadyman

Haaland was of course helped out by having a supply provided by a guy called Kev and his mates while Kane... Well,we all saw Spurs last season.

United have players capable of supplying Kane to a similar extent that KdB and co supplied Haaland. Our problem isn't creating but scoring so you might reasonably expect Kane would solve that problem.

Oh well.
Dreams well and truly crushed by this news

Abraxas

United have players capable of supplying Kane to a similar extent that KdB and co supplied Haaland.
Our problem isn't creating but scoring so you might reasonably expect Kane would solve that problem.

Oh well.
No, we don't. I don't know where you've got that from. City are a far more dominant and incisive football team than we are.

croadyman

The difference between winning your league and being a genuine contender for the champions league vs coming 3rd. They most likely choose Bayern unless we won the league last season
That's it just make me beat myself up more

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's gone and fakkin dahn it!

Bayern's outlay for this signing is immense, and I wonder how many sweetners were added today!

Kane has huge pressure on his shoulders and it'll be interesting to see how he handles it and he performs in both the BL and the CL - theoretically, coming from "the bestest, toughest league in the world" and playing for the best team in the land in Bayern, he should be chasing Gerd Muller type numbers per season.

Lots of eyes are going to be on him and the BL this season!

JagUTD

No, we don't. I don't know where you've got that from. City are a far more dominant and incisive football team than we are.
Bruno created more chances than anyone last season, 119 to De Bruynes 98. So I don't think it's that outlandish. The likes of Eriksen, Casemiro and Rashford all chipped in over 100 between them as well.

Having a player of Kane's quality on the end of them would have yielded far better results than having Weghorst, Martial and a sulking Ronaldo there.

Abraxas

Why are you so certain about that and do wonder if deep down Utd are regretting their decision
Probably not because United have a lot more information than we do about what the prospects for us signing Harry Kane were. It's not as if they're sat there speculating, they know exactly what the situation was, if they were willing to talk to us, and what the level of fee would have been. The fact they ruled it out straight away probably means it was not a difficult decision.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I've been watching him in the Premier League for years. He is nothing special.
He's not some mystery signing, he's been in the PL for 6 years, everyone's seen him play plenty.
Even at that, you have never seen him as a number 9 being asked to do what he will be asked to do there. You have seen him coming off the bench at Spurs and keeping Everton in the league out of position.

I do agree that I think Richarlison is capable of doing a job and has much more in his locker than he's shown at Spurs. Conte never really trusted him.

But to be honest he's going to have to go some to fill the hole Kane leaves. That's the problem. They're going to have to be a far better football team to compensate for that.
He will, yeah, but there is no better time to start than under a new manager that values him under a positive system. Spurs will be a much better team this year, guaranteed. He can definitely play a big role in that.

croadyman

Probably not because United have a lot more information than we do about what the prospects for us signing Harry Kane were. It's not as if they're sat there speculating, they know exactly what the situation was, if they were willing to talk to us, and what the level of fee would have been. The fact they ruled it out straight away probably means it was not a difficult decision.
Were they too hasty in hindsight though,reason this is hurting more is because we haven't got our number 9 until Arsenal. Think if he'd been available I would feel a lot less pessimistic

marktan

I've been watching him in the Premier League for years. He is nothing special.
Weirdly I have the opposite view - whenever I watched him for Everton he was very good. I think a lot of Everton fans would agree with that assessment. Obviously not Harry Kane good but he has a lot of good qualities. Without injuries and more regular non sub appearances (and crucially no Conte) I think he'll do very well.

JagUTD

Pretty sure the reporter is banned but someone at Bild claiming late bids have been put in for Kane.

For a free transfer though, not this summer.

Abraxas

Bruno created more chances than anyone last season, 119 to De Bruynes 98. So I don't think it's that outlandish. The likes of Eriksen, Casemiro and Rashford all chipped in over 100 between them as well.

Having a player of Kane's quality on the end of them would have yielded far better results than having Weghorst, Martial and a sulking Ronaldo there.
It's the level of the team, not cherrypicking players.

How many goals did they score before Haaland even rocked up at the Etihad? Bonkers amounts. Far more than we have done in a long, long time.

City keep the ball better than we do, create more opportunities and score more goals - it's very clear. They added Haaland on top of the finished article. Kane would be added to a developing side with many players that are still not at the level.

Chief123

Bruno created more chances than anyone last season, 119 to De Bruynes 98. So I don't think it's that outlandish.
As much as I love Bruno, I do think that comparison is a bit disingenuous as KDB played the equivalent of 10 less games than Bruno. So KDB actually had more chances per 90 than Bruno.

Irwin99

If it's a 4 year deal he can easily come back to England at the age of 34 and still break the prem record. I can see him doing a Sheringham and playing at a very good level well into his thirties.

Redlyn

Weirdly I have the opposite view - whenever I watched him for Everton he was very good. I think a lot of Everton fans would agree with that assessment. Obviously not Harry Kane good but he has a lot of good qualities. Without injuries and more regular non sub appearances (and crucially no Conte) I think he'll do very well.
Everytime I watched Everton I felt he was the one dragging them to victory. But he can't fill kane's boots.

croadyman

If it's a 4 year deal he can easily come back to England at the age of 34 and still break the prem record. I can see him doing a Sheringham and playing at a very good level well into his thirties.
Yep just a shame it will never be here

JagUTD

As much as I love Bruno, I do think that comparison is a bit disingenuous as KDB played the equivalent of 10 less games than Bruno. So KDB actually had more chances per 90 than Bruno.
It was more to show that United have the players to provide for a capable striker rather than suggest Bruno is better than anyone at it.

croadyman

Pretty sure the reporter is banned but someone at Bild claiming late bids have been put in for Kane.

For a free transfer though, not this summer.
Well that proved to be absolute fecking BS and so much for looking likely to stay eh SSN

KanieKaned

Why are you so certain about that and do wonder if deep down Utd are regretting their decision
Given our budget and pressing need to sort multiple areas we could only hope we might and that's a big might be in the mix. Bayern can afford him and we can't. Levy would ride us sideways in terms of a fee for Kane. Thats something we couldn't be involved in. Do that and you can't add to other areas. The club and you might be regretting it but you move on. Who knows what players come into the fore next season. Players come and go. Like Kim Min Jae its not meant to be. I wanted both alas its not happening.

marktan

Spurs fans will be upset and understandably so, it will be like when Cristiano left but worse since he's an academy product as well.

But to be honest it makes sense - new manager with a new style of football and they have a capable replacement in Richarlison who needs games - it's better to have a full break this season then to repeat the drama all over again next year.

£100m in the bank is a good deal for them. He should do very well for Bayern. Some of his passes are unreal, with the wide forwards they have they will be a force to reckon with in the CL, since only really City are any good this year (Real no striker, Ancelotti plays bad midfields).

Just a shame we couldntt win the Euros or the WC with him, it's funny because he's the most Rooney like striker I've since since Rooney. Some teams like Germany, Spain and Italy can go a decade without a good striker. Unfortunately for us Rooney was surrounded by dross or injured, Kane had a great team but managed by a league 1 manager who's afraid of any country with a population greater than 10 mil.

This is a great video:

Last edited:

croadyman

It was more to show that United have the players to provide for a capable striker rather than suggest Bruno is better than anyone at it.
Don't keep talking about how good he would have been here I am not coping well with this

Abraxas

Were they too hasty in hindsight though,reason this is hurting more is because we haven't got our number 9 until Arsenal. Think if he'd been available I would feel a lot less pessimistic
Who knows? Unless we know the reason it's not worth getting too hot under the collar about. The details may come out at some point. I can only assume they didn't want to do a deal with us or the fee was set out of our boundaries. In either case I don't think that's a hasty decision because they could have come back at any point this summer, especially before buying Hojlund. They chose not to so the reason they decided on was one they stood behind. It's not like it was a split second decision.

I wouldn't worry about a handful of games mate. We've signed a striker for the next 5 years or so. What is 4 games in the grand scheme of things. 3 of the games are at home.

glasgow 21

Why would United regret it ? This is like a " self stabbing in the eye" competition.
Levy wasn't selling to us period was made clear at start of window so Utd, with a 1000% more info than any of us, bowed out.

What you want " Kane Snubs Manchester to Bayern ". Anyhows, ETH is the sum of a parts man is better than the glory signings.
The latter we have been doing for a decade. Woodie is gone and we aren't dancing to anyones tune any longer.

The players we are bidding on already want to come.
If you were shown an in-house brief "Kane was asked and he nor family wanted Manchester" would that change your view ?

Chief123

I agree. I think Bruno’s assist stats would be ridiculous if he actually had a half decent striker to feed the last 3 years. There’s a compilation of some of the gaping chances our players have missed which should have been assists for him.

mu4c_20le

Technically he can, but 47 goals at that age will take him about three seasons. And It probably won't look dignified.