Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We're not the only Muppets in the world.
German Muppets are the most muppety, crazy Muppets you have ever met. Mainly because they have increased Muppetry efficiency by 43% through heavily disciplined and thoroughly organised moments of daily fun. Utter mad lads that they are.

redsunited

That is entirely what it boils down to. I still think Kane should have held off for 6 or 12 months to go exactly where he wanted but at his age he really does need to get some trophies. If he gets a CL trophy he will have made the correct decision.

Ok Shearer still has the record but that pales into insignificance in my recollection of him he is far more memorable as a smug shit punter.
Shearer won a PL medal. Not sure anyone talks about his medal but his record stands.

FerociousCorgis

This thread is absolutely insane. He's going to one of the elite super clubs of European football. The way people are talking in here make it seem like he's joining Stockport County.
yeah it is a bit ridiculous. Youd think he was joining saudis or something. Plus he does have the bonus of bayern struggling a bit recently so not like he is joining them at their peak. He comes in this year and they absolutely wreck the league and go deep in UCL to the finals or something and he will get quite a bit of the credit.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Shearer won a PL medal. Not sure anyone talks about his medal but his record stands.
Not to mention his untouchable legend status at St James' Park. He can walk like a king around the streets of Newcastle, and whatever the equivalent of a street in Blackburn is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They don't really talk about his league win, it almost gets forgotten because of the absolute tonne of pots he'd have won with us.

Gandalf

Don’t read one line of a message and start your bs. Read previous messages for which it is replied to.
If you don't stand by what you said then fair enough but don't pretend you didn't say it.

Not sure about you, but for most English people or English footballers it is a pinnacle.
It is not some random record. It is most goalscored in the country’s top level football history.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
German Muppets are the most muppety, crazy Muppets you have ever met. Mainly because they have increased Muppetry efficiency by 43% through heavily disciplined and thoroughly organised moments of daily fun. Utter mad lads that they are.
The Muppetereisteigerungskoeffizient has been satisfactory this season.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The news about FFP being a constrain are bollocks. Supposedly ETH wanted 2 strikers, an experienced one and an up coming talent.
I still have a tiny hope in my heart that Erik gets some experienced striker, one that can score goals a bit better than Weghorst, on loan :) Because we clearly can't put all our needs on Hojlund, yet.

NewGlory

Of course he does.

Not only did they finish in the top four just the season before last, since SAF left they've finished in the top four exactly as many times as we have.

You might not believe that will continue but based on the last decade we are their rivals for a top four place. It would be ludicrously defeatist on his part if he believed that couldn't possibly continue because they've had one bad season.
Well, I understand your logic but I am sure you also understand, even if Levy doesn't, the chances of the future success depend on current form + current competition + current trajectory of the club, and not anything in the past. And on those - they are f..ed

Based on where things are now (and not past glory of anybody) City and Arsenal are not stopping to compete for top two. And for the remaining two spots in top four, you have stronger United, roaring Newcastle flush with money, and Liverpool that was at the top just a bit ago.

Not to mention a number of other clubs they finished behind that all could still beat them. Including Chelsea.

Where exactly is there any hope for Spurs fans, I personally don't see.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The Muppetereisteigerungskoeffizient has been satisfactory this season.
One of my favourite nights was with a German mate of mine (Pierre) who lived over here for a while, and one of his other mates was also over from Germany. About six hours into drinking whisky and cracking jokes, trying and failing to teach me simple German words, arguing over music. I suddenly said something that neither or them could understand - a localised joke that I was sure at least Pierre would understand since he had lived here for a decade. But nope. It was like they both flipped a switch on the back of their heads from Fun German to Serious Engineer German.

Queue about twenty minutes of being interrogated by the two of them, having to explain line by line the cultural significance of said joke. To this day I'm certain that one of them intentionally moved a table lamp to face me like those old fashioned cop movies where they're questioning a criminal. My girlfriend and Pierre's, both Scottish, ignoring my glances for help.

Then once I had explained it to an acceptable level we ate chocolate and cheese.

bosskeano

well at least he'll win a trophy now....the german league trophy chase ends one week from today

Lee565

Sad to see him leave the PL more than anything

Spurs are absolutely fecked now. Sold him so late in the window. No real strikers available at the moment and everyone knows they have 100m to blow before the deadline
This, they screwed up the bale money and they are less attractive side than back then with unfashionable manager, no kane and no ucl football

NewGlory

Football didn't start in 1992, so it's not the most goals scored in English football history. Who cares anyway records come and go, medals last forever.
This! 100% this.

Kane's record will be broken by Haaland in just 4 years if the superhuman stays in EPL and then Kane will have neither trophies nor record.

I think Harry understood this and seems like he is more open to Byern than media would have us believe.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who’s gonna break it? You talk as if there is a queue. It’s not easy at all to score 260 goals you know. It would take at least a decade, injury free decade for a player playing in one of the top clubs to break it. I’m not saying it’s not possible but it’s gonna be extremely difficult for anyone.
Difficult or not it will eventually be beaten. Haaland if he stays a few years will get close. Point is, it doesn’t really mean a great deal really. 260+ goals which contributed to zero trophies seems rather shite

Jericho

Difficult or not it will eventually be beaten. Haaland if he stays a few years will get close. Point is, it doesn’t really mean a great deal really. 260+ goals which contributed to zero trophies seems rather shite
Agreed. Clearly Harry doesn't think it's worth hanging around for.

dinostar77

This! 100% this.

Kane's record will be broken by Haaland in just 4 years if the superhuman stays in EPL and then Kane will have neither trophies nor record.

I think Harry understood this and seems like he is more open to Byern than media would have us believe.
Agreed. The actual english football record is 357 goals which jimmy greaves owns. 260 is chump change compared to that.

Fully Fledged

This! 100% this.

It could be broken tonight.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Does the club have shareholders?
Sure, but minority shareholders have about as much pull as you'd expect especially when it's as small as it is compared to Levy and Lewis' holdings.

Blackwidow

This! 100% this.

Yes. I think for his personality etc. he has chosen the right club and surrounding. And with Perisic, Son and Höjbjerg around he was well informed about the club and its people.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Because Bundesliga clubs, even Bayern aren't know to break the bank to this kind of level. Not for a 30 year old striker with no Bundesliga experience. They got a 25 year old Lewandowski for free.
That was the steal of the decade, however. As most people in Europe would probably agree. Bit unfair to use that as an example. :)

George The Best

Hope it turns out well for him. 3 young kids and a 4th on the way, I’m not sure the family will be joining him out there unless there’s a good English school over there. Bayern must have a good shot at the CL now, though. Tuchel is a very good manager too, so they must have a great chance. Harry deserves some trophies after a glittering career of winning nothing.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
This! 100% this.

there are maybe 6 clubs who have a realistic shot at a CL title the next 3-4 years, 2 maybe 3 of those are in england and those have the striker spot covered.

plex

Hope it turns out well for him. 3 young kids and a 4th on the way, I’m not sure the family will be joining him out there unless there’s a good English school over there. Bayern must have a good shot at the CL now, though. Tuchel is a very good manager too, so they must have a great chance. Harry deserves some trophies after a glittering career of winning nothing.
It‘s Munich, the richest city in Germany. I‘m sure the club will take care of his family and help Kane as much as possible so that he can concentrate on playing football.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
the german education system is the wurst.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
even though we are a backwater village with no internet and very few fish&chips stands, and we shit in the streets, we might find an international school if we look hard enough

feck me, it’s Munich man, incredible city, gateway to the Alps, Italy and the South of France. He’ll be looked after beyond belief, his kids will be in a very good international school, of which exist in every single city on the planet these days. He’ll have better much weather too.

All in all, I reckon he’ll love it.