Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Stats suggest he may even be better than Jadon Sancho.

Ágætis Byrjun

Just shows how ridiculously talented Jadon is or was, I genuinely don't know what happened. Club culture, manager, being overpaid, harder league; no reason can properly explain this level of fall from grace. Just casually watching some of his plays at BVB, made me sad not gonna lie. He was breathtaking.

kaku06

He would break Lewa’s record in his first season. What was it? 40? 41 goals? Kane is already on 18 with 22 matches still to play. That would be an amazing achievement.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He would break Lewa’s record in his first season. What was it? 40? 41 goals? Kane is already on 18 with 22 matches still to play. That would be an amazing achievement.
And he still needs to score one per game to come close, goes to show that 40/41 are really an insane output for a 34 matchdays season.

kaku06

And he still needs to score one per game to come close, goes to show that 40/41 are really an insane output for a 34 matchdays season.
Given his quality and the way he’s playing he would piss the record if he stays fit. And to be honest we all knew how good he could be at a big club. This isn’t a surprise to us who watched him week in week out.

heraklion

Bold statement, playing Lego teams every week.
He already did it in the Premier League playing for an inferior team multiple times, 3-times Golden Boot winner (plus 3 times at No.2). If City deal happened three years ago, he would comfortably lead the league and CL.

His last season was easily better than Haaland's despite playing at Spurs.

heraklion

He’s been at that level for years to be honest. Just never had the platform to show it!
Yeah, he had to move earlier to Real, City, Bayern type of teams to have a larger following and hype. Bring Haaland to Spurs, half the hype about him would be gone just like that.

I am expecting big things this year both at the CL and Euros from Kane though Bayern does not seem to be at its strongest level.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah, he had to move earlier to Real, City, Bayern type of teams to have a larger following and hype. Bring Haaland to Spurs, half the hype about him would be gone just like that.

I am expecting big things this year both at the CL and Euros from Kane though Bayern does not seem to be at its strongest level.
I think if Bayern avoid Man. City they make the CL final this year.

saflegend

If Harry Kane isn’t on his knees, he’s trying to bully a 19 year old. Absolutely ridiculous, Garnacho did nothing wrong.

Joel Miller

Do you think he's better than Harry Kane?
He’s clearly performing better than Kane right now. Should go and watch the guys goals too, all types of finishes, and that’s not for the side who are about to take their 20th title in a row.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
The question was kind of rethorical.
I was put off by the mention of penalties, because Kane and Mr G. took both 3 pens in the league.
Also just focusing on the goals per game is a bit one-dimensional. Kane offers a lot more than just goals. Just going by G+A/minute Kane is performing a bit better than Guirassy.

Bottom line: There is not a striker in the Bundesliga that is clearly outperforming Kane. Not to mention that with Guirassy we still have to see if he's maybe punching above his weight right now. I'm not belittling his achievements, but so far it's just a very good Hinrunde. Let's see if he can keep it up.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I was put off by the mention of penalties, because Kane and Mr G. took both 3 pens in the league.
Also just focusing on the goals per game is a bit one-dimensional. Kane offers a lot more than just goals. Just going by G+A/minute Kane is performing a bit better than Guirassy.

Bottom line: There is not a striker in the Bundesliga that is clearly outperforming Kane. Not to mention that with Guirassy we still have to see if he's maybe punching above his weight right now. I'm not belittling his achievements, but so far it's just a very good Hinrunde. Let's see if he can keep it up.
Yeah, bottom line is kane has done it at the highest level constantly for a pretty decent chunk of time while guirassy hasn't.

His season is more likely than not a statistical anomaly, the same way Kevin philips of all peoples ended up winning the golden boot.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Not just the Bundesliga, you'd be hard pressed to find a better peforming striker than Kane tight now anywhere

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Not just the Bundesliga, you'd be hard pressed to find a better peroming striker than Kane tight now anywhere
Maybe Haaland, definitely not a given. The debate will go like this "something something Kane and Mbappe are smashing up farmers leagues, something something."

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Maybe Haaland, definitely not a given. The debate will go like this "something something Kane and Mbappe are smashing up farmers leagues, something something."
True but not one I subscribe to, all 3 are great players though I'm not personally a big fan of Mbappe, I do wish one of them played for the red half of Manchester

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Mbappe is the one who can most often produce something from nothing. Kane is the best rounded, will be a good striker in any system and team. I guess Haaland is the most uneven - speed and power means he can do insane stuff, but he's not as technically good as Kane let alone Mbappe.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Where do you rank Thierry Henry? Based on your logic he wasn’t very good too.
Henry is a good example case of what Andrade was saying wrt Kane actually. An all time great yet one whose standing in those debates suffers from lack of defining moments on the biggest stages. Henry was a level above Shevchenko in terms of ability yet the latter got the BdO over the former and during their playing careers Henry was generally not seen as a greater caliber of player

PL fans are weird about it but if Mbappé stopped playing football right now, in France and to most of the world he's already go down as greater than Henry(it also helps that he is just plain better, but we're talking about a 25 year old vs a full career)

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Henry is a good example case of what Andrade was saying wrt Kane actually. An all time great yet one whose standing in those debates suffers from lack of defining moments on the biggest stages. Henry was a level above Shevchenko in terms of ability yet the latter got the BdO over the former and during their playing careers Henry was generally not seen as a greater caliber of player

PL fans are weird about it but if Mbappé stopped playing football right now, in France and to most of the world he's already go down as greater than Henry(it also helps that he is just plain better, but we're talking about a 25 year old vs a full career)
Of course Mbappe would be more highly regarded in France, he’s almost single-handedly maintaining Ligue 1 reputation as a Top 5 League (with both Eredivisie and Liga Portugal being officially ranked higher in recent years).

But if Mbappe retired tomorrow, I’m not sure achievements playing in a weak league with by far the most dominant team (Monaco stint aside) stacks up to Henry’s Premier League, La Liga and Champions League titles. He’s also short a European Championship with France, too.

Mbappe’s career isn’t comparable at the moment. I’m not saying that it won’t be by the time he retires (I’m sure it will) or that he’s not a better player (that’s obviously a completely valid viewpoint). But he turns 25 this week and is still yet to test himself in a truly competitive league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But if Mbappe retired tomorrow, I’m not sure achievements playing in a weak league with by far the most dominant team (Monaco stint aside) stacks up to Henry’s Premier League, La Liga and Champions League titles.
Mbappé has 2 signature world cups plus several CL games

What does Henry have? Greatness in the PL before it became a dominant force? Big deal. The fact he never won the BdO or FIFA world player award is telling - and it doesn't have much to do with how good he was or wasn't. What he won as a peripheral player with France and Barcelona doesn't hold much weight in this discussion

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Mbappé has 2 signature world cups plus several CL games
He has the 2018 when he exploded on the international stage and was great, and the 2022 one where he was ok/good to mediocre most of the tournament, anonymous for 60mn in the final, before scoring a hat-trick. These moments don't stack up against Henry's career over a decade and a half, let's not be silly.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He has the 2018 when he exploded on the international stage and was great, and the 2022 one where he was ok/good to mediocre most of the tournament, anonymous for 60mn in the final, before scoring a hat-trick. These moments don't stack up against Henry's career over a decade and a half, let's not be silly.
Make up your mind