Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

croadyman

There is a possibility Haaland wont fire at all if he doesn't get proper service from the midfield. Kane can single handedly take on an attack and carve chances. I just personally think Kane is very underrated at how good he is. He has potential to be a RVP type transfer for us.
Have said numerous times since this news broke last night that IF we didn't already have issues at CB, DM & RW then yes despite having Edi would still happily see us break the bank for him but we do so it's a non starter for me

FatTails

They’ve been pretending they are serious about FFP whilst massively outspending everyone, now their FFP charade is over, they were defo willing to spend big on Messi, and now they will spend big on Kane.
I’m expecting that a CL win gives them the balls to get Messi and Kane this Summer.

Maybe then people will finally come to terms with the fact that you cannot compete long-term against a bottomless pit of money, city are now moving into a massive period of domination.
This.

People are in denial. You have Perez and the Glazers (heads of the two biggest clubs in the world), and Agnelli (head of a massive team that’s been crushing its league, and has a new stadium), engineering their own league while they still can in an attempt to stay competitive and reign in the oil state clubs.

You also have to laugh when people talk about City’s transfer fees and wages and believe them at face value. How many times do they have to be caught using shell companies, offshore accounts, and creative accounting for people to understand that these numbers leaked in the press mean nothing?

The simplest test is this: watch what happens when City want a player. There is no protracted negotiations, no bidding wars, no back and forth in the media. They go in, sign their player (often for what seems like a good fecking deal!), and it all happens with minimal fuss. Same thing with contract renewals and their players seemingly never being interested in leaving.

It’s really simple, if City want him, they’ll get him. If they don’t want him, or don’t want him enough (like Sanchez), then we might get him. Either way, they will strengthen by buying him or someone else and continue to dominate the league. 5 out of the last 10 league titles, runners up in 3 of the other 5, 8 domestic cups in that period, and for the next 10 years, they are starting from a much stronger position compared to the past 10 years.

Nori-

I'd love him at United but £130+? Really?

I mean if he was 21 and had his ability now, sure, you could argue its a good long term investment, but if he signs for 5 years at the end of that contract he will be 32 and have almost zero re-sale value.

I know a lot of people will argue "We are United, we shouldn't have to worry about that, we just want the best" but a lot of our rivals have been smart in recent years and bought top players at a younger age who they can now get more money for and re-invest. Mane, Salah, Hazard, De Bruyne, Sterling etc.

Personally I'd do whatever it takes to get Haaland, with inflation and him getting better, you could probably sell him for close to £170m/£180m if you eventually wanted to.

Kane for under £100m with a Martial Swap included. Sure. Kane for £130m+. No Thanks.

meamth

Sorry but Kane doesn't fit our system. We are playing fast paced, high tempo, counter-attacking football. Kane is nothing like that. He is basically Lukaku with better touch. And we already saw how that fit us. We need someone with more pace, ideal would be Haaland, but we wont buy him. Man City would be scary as hell if they signed Kane. Pretty much perfect to Bald Pep system in Man City.
Personally I would just continue as we are right now in attack. Would buy world class DM and CB and give more playing time to McNeill and Hannibal next season.
What an insult. Kane has playmaking abilities Lukaku can just dream about.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sorry but Kane doesn't fit our system. We are playing fast paced, high tempo, counter-attacking football. Kane is nothing like that. He is basically Lukaku with better touch. And we already saw how that fit us. We need someone with more pace, ideal would be Haaland, but we wont buy him. Man City would be scary as hell if they signed Kane. Pretty much perfect to Bald Pep system in Man City.
Personally I would just continue as we are right now in attack. Would buy world class DM and CB and give more playing time to McNeill and Hannibal next season.
Wow.

Mindhunter

Levy holds all the cards here so nothing really is going to happen unless Kane forces the issue by putting in a transfer request and publicly declaring his intention to leave. He may also need to go on strike etc.

Knowing his personality, he won’t do any of that and Levy won’t sell him without crazy money and an able replacement. This will drag on till 2022.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Levy holds all the cards here so nothing really is going to happen unless Kane forces the issue by putting in a transfer request and publicly declaring his intention to leave. He may also need to go on strike etc.

Knowing his personality, he won’t do any of that and Levy won’t sell him without crazy money and an able replacement. This will drag on till 2022.
Hotspur will finish midtablish with or without him.

120m for a 28 years old dwindling asset is a good deal.

What's 2 or 3 more season of kane brings? A meassle top 6 finish? Better cash in fast. That 120m worth alot more being spent on several player than an ageing strike

reelworld

that's it then.

Tbh, I can't see any club that can afford him in this post covid economy other than City. Most clubs would be quite conservative with their spending because they still recovering from the loss they made this season, and they don't know how fast they could return the normalcy next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nobody is paying £150m for him. And from Tottenham's perspective, they should cash in and use the money to refresh the squad with a new coach.

I personally hope we don't get involved because signing him won't improve us due to the weakness at the back and midfield. It's also understandable that Kane wants to play for Guardiola due to City having the best chance of winning the big trophies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nobody is paying £150m for him. And from Tottenham's perspective, they should cash in and use the money to refresh the squad with a new coach.

I personally hope we don't get involved because signing him won't improve us due to the weakness at the back and midfield. It's also understandable that Kane wants to play for Guardiola due to City having the best chance of winning the big trophies.
Agree with all of that.

I'm just wondering if City are willing to spend that amount on him given they're not really desperate right now. Although that need may exist if Haaland isn't interested in them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agree with all of that.

I'm just wondering if City are willing to spend that amount on him given they're not really desperate right now. Although that need may exist if Haaland isn't interested in them.
He's a cherry on the cake type player due to the money it will take to sign him. But there's little point us getting involved when the cake is half baked. But that doesn't apply to City because their cake is well baked and the player wants to play for them and their coach Guardiola.

I think we should wait a year and try for Haaland. And hopefully by then, we'll be closer to challenging for the league with Haaland and one more player to arrive.

We probably won't end up with Haaland but I'm hopeful Solskjaer's relationship with him might work in our favour.

amolbhatia50k

He's a cherry on the cake type player due to the money it will take to sign him. But there's little point us getting involved when the cake is half baked. But that doesn't apply to City because their cake is well baked and the player wants to play for them and their coach Guardiola.

I think we should wait a year and try for Haaland. And hopefully by then, we'll be closer to challenging for the league with Haaland and one more player to arrive.

We probably won't end up with Haaland but I'm hopeful Solskjaer's relationship with him might work in our favour.
Absolutely. I don't think Kane alone wins this team the title. And given his age surely that's why you'd be signing him considering he would take up the entire budget. If you spend the same on other younger players at least you can still target a longer term plan.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Absolutely. I don't think Kane alone wins this team the title. And given his age surely that's why you'd be signing him considering he would take up the entire budget. If you spend the same on other younger players at least you can still target a longer term plan.
It makes more sense signing Sancho because he'd improve our build up phase, which IMO is way more important. Sancho, CB, CM and we'd have had a good window IMO.

Then operation Haaland in 2022.

Mindhunter

Hotspur will finish midtablish with or without him.

120m for a 28 years old dwindling asset is a good deal.

What's 2 or 3 more season of kane brings? A meassle top 6 finish? Better cash in fast. That 120m worth alot more being spent on several player than an ageing strike
Agree wholeheartedly but Levy doesn’t operate based on what’s best for Spurs.

Somehow he has the misguided notion of Spurs being rivals with clubs that challenge consistently for the PL and sees selling his players as an acceptance of their lower profile.

That’s why he often holds onto players against their wishes past their sell by date and loses money. His track record for recouping money is really poor.

amolbhatia50k

It makes more sense signing Sancho because he'd improve our build up phase, which IMO is way more important. Sancho, CB, CM and we'd have had a good window IMO.
Buildup is the biggest issue for me. But I don't know how were going to fix that. I see us and from the defensive third to the attacking third, the quality of our passing is, frankly, abysmal.

AWB - not a passer
Fred - inconsistent passr
Mctominay - passes like a CB
Pogba - creative passer when given time and space. Does his work further up the pitch
Bruno - creative passer. Less involved in buildup and more in final third
Rashford - passes like a striker
Greenwood - passes like a striker
Cavani - no use on the buildup

The way I see it Sancho adds some passing quality to our buildup for sure. He's one of the better wingers in terms of link up play etc

But even when it comes to the other addictions - DM, CM, right back, don't you feel this team needs more people who are comfortable in the ball and can link play together and set things up for the final third. Players like Rice /Ndidi will only add to how limited we are, and well coninue to be a clumsy team.

Or do you think it's also down to poor coaching that we have these issues?

Tallis

Buildup is the biggest issue for me. But I don't know how were going to fix that. I see us and from the defensive third to the attacking third, the quality of our passing is, frankly, abysmal.

AWB - not a passer
Pogba - creative passer when given time and space. Does his work further up the pitch

The way I see it Sancho adds some passing quality to our buildup for sure. He's one of the better wingers in terms of link up play etc

But even when it comes to the other addictions - DM, CM, right back, don't you feel this team needs more people who are comfortable in the ball and can link play together and set things up for the final third. Players like Rice /Ndidi will only add to how limited we are, and well coninue to be a clumsy team.

I like the “passes like a striker” phrase. I didn’t know how to describe this phenomena before. Completely agree on Mason but think Rash has more creativity about him.

SATA

90-100M and i think he's gone. Levy is a businessman and he'll sell to whoever shows him that kind of money. I think we have the financial capability to do this deal but the manager may think we may have other positions to sort out first before a striker

croadyman

Then operation Haaland in 2022.
I still can't decide if we need a CM regista who can control the tempo of a game more or a DM that is able to break up play but also capable of providing quality passes to break the lines

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Shout out to the gentlemen who called us names for saying this exact same thing, few pages back.
It's a hard pill to swallow for some on here but Kane wants trophies and City guarantee that. It's natural that he would want to play under one of the best managers in the world and win something meaningful.

YNK

Sancho should be first priority this season.
If Pogba renews his contract, there are good chances our relationship with Raiola will improve and we can then move for Haalaand next season for a much lower fee than Kane's. By that time, Cavani's contract will be over and Haalaand would be perfect replacement.
With Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho and Haalaand, our attack is sorted for next 10 years.

This.

People are in denial. You have Perez and the Glazers (heads of the two biggest clubs in the world), and Agnelli (head of a massive team that’s been crushing its league, and has a new stadium), engineering their own league while they still can in an attempt to stay competitive and reign in the oil state clubs.

You also have to laugh when people talk about City’s transfer fees and wages and believe them at face value. How many times do they have to be caught using shell companies, offshore accounts, and creative accounting for people to understand that these numbers leaked in the press mean nothing?

The simplest test is this: watch what happens when City want a player. There is no protracted negotiations, no bidding wars, no back and forth in the media. They go in, sign their player (often for what seems like a good fecking deal!), and it all happens with minimal fuss. Same thing with contract renewals and their players seemingly never being interested in leaving.

It’s really simple, if City want him, they’ll get him. If they don’t want him, or don’t want him enough (like Sanchez), then we might get him. Either way, they will strengthen by buying him or someone else and continue to dominate the league. 5 out of the last 10 league titles, runners up in 3 of the other 5, 8 domestic cups in that period, and for the next 10 years, they are starting from a much stronger position compared to the past 10 years.
Absolutely nailed it.

Davie Moyes

This.

I agree with this description of City... unfortunately.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

AWB - not a passer

Baby I’m a D**kHead, a D**kHead, to youuuuu.

meamth

So you got 100 million to spare, Haaland and Kane cost the same...

Smart people will never go for Kane.