Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If it’s not Kane then it has to be another top quality striker. We cannot rely on fecking Martial again next year.

Red00012

I’ll crack up if this goes on for the summer. If it’s not going to happen we move on

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Kane will need to force the transfer. Unfortunately I don't think he has it in him.
Yeah that’s why I’m wary of us chasing this. It’ll take the entire summer of completely uncertainty while we lose out on other targets. Kane isn’t going to force it as strongly as it would be needed to get this done quickly as he needs to protect his image / relationships with fans. Part me thinks let’s just go for a cheaper CF and try and sign Kane on a free next summer if Levy plays hardball.

croadyman

Yeah that’s why I’m wary of us chasing this. It’ll take the entire summer of completely uncertainty while we lose out on other targets. Kane isn’t going to force it as strongly as it would be needed to get this done quickly as he needs to protect his image / relationships with fans. Part me thinks let’s just go for a cheaper CF and try and sign Kane on a free next summer if Levy plays hardball.
That is definitely our backup plan and after the De Jong farce I do think we have a cutoff date

romufc

Yeah definitely has that flexibility but still to see evidence he wants the move badly enough
100% I have been critical of Kane's mentality, look at the players that have left Spurs and won major titles.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kane will need to force the transfer. Unfortunately I don't think he has it in him.
It's not up to him though is it. He tried to force a transfer to City (he clearly 'has it in him') but Levy refused. The only person who decides if Kane leaves Spurs before his contract ends is Levy.

Remember the geese

It's not up to him though is it. He tried to force a transfer to City (he clearly 'has it in him') but Levy refused. The only person who decides if Kane leaves Spurs before his contract ends is Levy.
The difference is that Kane doesn't have 3 years left on his contract this time around. With only a year left on his deal, it's Kane who has all the power. He can completely down tools for you next season if you refuse his request, then walk off into the sunset for nothing. £100m now is pretty amazing business for Spurs and it's in their best interests not to mess him around.

cyberman

To be fair Levy knew Kane had to play ball because he couldn’t sit out 3 years for a move. It’s completely different now.
No European football, cups are meh really since it’s the league record he’s after. Odds are more in favour of Kane not risking injury and taking the goals that’s laid on to him rather than the superman Kane we saw this season. That’s the problem for Spurs now face.
Edit god damn it. Great minds and all that

Unam333

I’ll crack up if this goes on for the summer. If it’s not going to happen we move on
If it's clear Levy really doesn't want to sell Kane to a direct competitor than we need to move on and work on our other targets. We really need to complete our summer business early.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The difference is that Kane doesn't have 3 years left on his contract this time around. With only a year left on his deal, it's Kane who has all the power. He can completely down tools for you next season if you refuse his request, then walk off into the sunset for nothing. £100m now is pretty amazing business for Spurs and it's in their best interests not to mess him around.
That is not true at all. He is still under contract so the power still rests with Levy. If Levy decides he is not going to sell him then he won't be going anywhere.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It is up to Kane. If he really wants out then he must make transfer request. If he will wait on Levy to allow him leaving then Kane is staying.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It is up to Kane. If he really wants out then he must make transfer request. If he will wait on Levy to allow him leaving then Kane is staying.
Why would Kane making a transfer request make any difference? Again, if Levy decides he is not going to sell Kane then it doesn't matter what Kane does. The idea that Kane can force a move is totally wrong.

InfiniteBoredom

Kane isn’t going to down tools next season even if Levy forces him to stay against his will. At his age, any season when he’s fit is vital to chase that PL record, there’s the Euro next summer and it’s also in his interest to have a good season so he’s in a strong negotiating position as a free agent.

The fall out for Spurs will be if/when Kanewalks and they finish the season out of CL again, but that’s Levy’s problem if he’s willing to roll that dice.

Judas

Open to offers
Kane cares too much about Kane to down tools when he's desperate to break the record. No chance in hell he doesn't continue just doing what he usually does if he stays at Spurs.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why would Kane making a transfer request make any difference? Again, if Levy decides he is not going to sell Kane then it doesn't matter what Kane does. The idea that Kane can force a move is totally wrong.
Transfer request generally means forfeiting a players loyalty bonus. That’s why it’s generally a very last resort and agents do all sorts of other antics before playing that card as if they haven’t put a transfer request in they are generally in line for a either an agreed loyalty bonus, a portion of their wages or a portion of the transfer fee. As ridiculous as that might sound considering players engineer their moves quite transparently.

I’ve no idea what Kanes loyalty bonus might be but he could feasibly be forfeiting £15-£20m which will go straight to Spurs instead. If the transfer fee is £80m, the difference between Levy pocketing £80m or £60-65m is obviously not small.

You then have the reputation of the club under Levy. Are players going to want to sign for a chairman that refuses transfer requests when a player has shown nothing but loyalty and been a fantastic servant? It’s really shitty. Like it or not, Spurs should be ok with being a stepping stone of sorts, it’s how you attract great young players. Ferguson was happy to let Ronaldo move because he knew it was what the player wanted and knew that keeping him against his will only made United look bad in the long run.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Transfer request generally means forfeiting a players loyalty bonus. That’s why it’s generally a very last resort and agents do all sorts of other antics before playing that card as if they haven’t put a transfer request in they are generally in line for a either an agreed loyalty bonus, a portion of their wages or a portion of the transfer fee. As ridiculous as that might sound considering players engineer their moves quite transparently.

I’ve no idea what Kanes loyalty bonus might be but he could feasibly be forfeiting £15-£20m which will go straight to Spurs instead. If the transfer fee is £80m, the difference between Levy pocketing £80m or £60-65m is obviously not small.

You then have the reputation of the club under Levy. Are players going to want to sign for a chairman that refuses transfer requests when a player has shown nothing but loyalty and been a fantastic servant? It’s really shitty. Like it or not, Spurs should be ok with being a stepping stone of sorts, it’s how you attract great young players. Ferguson was happy to let Ronaldo move because he knew it was what the player wanted and knew that keeping him against his will only made United look bad in the long run.
Yes I get all that but it doesnt change the fact that Levy can still refuse to sell Kane and there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
To show his real desire for leaving (and saving Levy at least 10 mil in loyalty money). Transfer request is a difference between "Meh, if i can i will leave but if i stay, no biggie " and "I want to leave no matter what". Remember how Modric did it? Transfer request, went on strike and Levy sold him for 30mil.

Also, as Pexbo perfectly said; Levy is famous as being tough negotiator. Which is all good. But he is in danger in crossing a line here. If he refuses to sell a club legend who gave more than 10 years to that club, then all players will think twice before signing for Spurs or signing long term contracts. Especially players with high potential whos goal is to play for giant clubs later.
Why sign for club who will kill your possible dream move later in career?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To show his real desire for leaving (and saving Levy at least 10 mil in loyalty money). Transfer request is a difference between "Meh, if i can i will leave but if i stay, no biggie " and "I want to leave no matter what". Remember how Modric did it? Transfer request, went on strike and Levy sold him for 30mil.

Also, as Pexbo perfectly said; Levy is famous as being tough negotiator. Which is all good. But he is in danger in crossing a line here. If he refuses to sell a club legend who gave more than 10 years to that club, then all players will think twice before signing for Spurs or signing long term contracts. Especially players with high potential whos goal is to play for giant clubs later.
Why sign for club who will kill your possible dream move later in career?
Kane is a unique case for Spurs - the importance he has to our side can't be overstated, plus he is a Spurs guy through and through - he literally is Spurs and is by far the most important player we have in the squad. There is no way Levy will choose to sell him unless it is for a crazy amount of cash. I also don't think he gives a crap about how it looks to anyone because Levy is so incredibly stubborn. He also is aware of the backlash he would receive from fans if he sold Kane and he is under quite a lot of pressure right now. Not saying he would never sell him, he would if it was the right price but if I had to bet on what happens, he will not sell him this summer.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Kane is a unique case for Spurs - the importance he has to our side can't be overstated, plus he is a Spurs guy through and through - he literally is Spurs and is by far the most important player we have in the squad. There is no way Levy will choose to sell him unless it is for a crazy amount of cash. I also don't think he gives a crap about how it looks to anyone because Levy is so incredibly stubborn. He also is aware of the backlash he would receive from fans if he sold Kane and he is under quite a lot of pressure right now. Not saying he would never sell him, he would if it was the right price but if I had to bet on what happens, he will not sell him this summer.
I read Kane's thread on Spurs fan forum ( :wenger:) yesterday and seems to me that fans fully understand Kane's desire to leave. So, i doubt that fans would blame Levy for selling him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sherwood on the Jordan podcast just now said that Levy and Baldini didn't think he was PL quality and should have been sold. Imagine.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Sherwood on the Jordan podcast just now said that Levy and Baldini didn't think he was PL quality and should have been sold. Imagine.
It sounds insane with hindsight obviously, but I can't even blame them for thinking that.

He has no pace at all, no major physicality to make up for it, deceptively awkward-seeming technique - and at that point had just about knocked in a handful of goals for Milwall and Orient, and was coming off a season sat on Leicester's bench in the Championship.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It sounds insane with hindsight obviously, but I can't even blame them for thinking that.

He has no pace at all, no major physicality to make up for it, deceptively awkward-seeming technique - and at that point had just about knocked in a handful of goals for Milwall and Orient, and was coming off a season sat on Leicester's bench in the Championship.
I agree, I don't blame them at all for it but it's amazing how one of the best PL strikers ever was considered in this way. Shows really that sometimes in football it's not all about data and eye tests. It just clicks one day.

L1nk

I agree, I don't blame them at all for it but it's amazing how one of the best PL strikers ever was considered in this way. Shows really that sometimes in football it's not all about data and eye tests. It just clicks one day.
I mean not to segway, but look at Tom Brady in the NFL, you watch his tape you'll wonder why tf anyone took a chance on this guy he looked bang average in everything and the rest is history as they say. Sometimes a player just needs the right time, circumstances, moment. Kane is certainly a case of not always immediately judging what you see

Baxquux

Didn't Levy also come close to selling Bale to Birmingham/Forest for 4m following GB's first season?

Rolaholic

Hojlund and Kane and we might be going places next season

UpWithRivers

Kane literally went on strike last year. What did Levy say to him to make him come back except give us one more year and with Conte we will win something. Kane should be in Haalands spot right now winning everything. He must be pssed the fk off. I just cant imagine a scenario that Levy makes him stay one more year or Kane signs a contract. That would make Kane the worlds biggest idiot loser. Kane is as good as gone. Its just a matter of where. Levy has no levyridge anymore. See what I did there.

ScarleyUtd

I don't see why people are worrying that Kane won't agitate to leave. Sure he'd rather avoid it, but even most Spurs fans would accept him pushing for a move at this time.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I would spend upwards of 100m on Kane honestly. I think he could make an even bigger impact than Casemiro

His Fee - 100 million
Wage - 15 mill a year (4 year deal)

This player will be free in a few months
Absolutely no way would I pay 100 million

Even if United won the lot - which they wouldnt, the investment of that amount of money is insane