Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His attempted impersonation of Iniesta at the end of the game :lol:

He’s very clumsy. If he wasn’t English, the pundits would be calling him out for his average at best defending.

Paul_Scholes18

Worst game for us this season. Was just all over the place and could not stop much. Passing was poor too and judgement poor.
He is a bit like David Luiz. Can be great on his day, but also have pure rubbish days.

saivet

I've tried to defend him but he's been full of errors all season. His best performance are better than Lindelof but I feel like Lindelof is a more reliable defender.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Shocker. But we were all shite tonight. Even Bruno. Even Pogba. My advice would be to just forget about today, get behind them against West Ham and see how we go from there. Save the bile for someone who doesn't play for us.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
DDG has been awful, but this guy is up there with him and somehow he gets away with it. Hardly a peep about how awful he is from the BBC.
Yeah the commentators love him. Have done since a few above average performances in the WC. Like how great he is at corners despite missing more chances than any United CB in recent memory.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That was as if all the worst things you thought about Maguire's deficiencies came out in one game. He was horrid, couldn't establish physical superiority over Giroud and his game collapsed.

I almost hope he is concussed, because if not that has to be a distressingly worrying performance.
Giroud ragdolled both Maguire and Lindelof, he is one of those strikers that likes it when a defender tries to challenge him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Absolute calamitous performance today. His only strengths lie in the air, which Giroud completely destroyed him. Take that away from him and we saw what we're left with, and it's not pretty.

6'4, 100kg defender thinks he's Iniesta on the ball... That run he went on at the end summed him up. @GifLord can help with the vid?

Meant to be our £80m Captain? What an embarrassment.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Giroud ragdolled both Maguire and Lindelof, he is one of those strikers that likes it when a defender tries to challenge him.
Giroud is surprisingly good against big strong CB's, I have yet to see him being bullied. I also remember him getting the better of Van Dijk in an international match against the Netherlands.

In fact, ever since his move to Chelsea, Giroud has been surprisingly effective. FA Cup & World Cup winner in 2018, Europa League winner in 2019.

SirScholes

I've tried to defend him but he's been full of errors all season. His best performance are better than Lindelof but I feel like Lindelof is a more reliable defender.
Likewise, he has been an improvement but he annoys me because he seems to think he’s better than he is
He is not a good ball playing defender and the quicker he learns his limitations and gives short quick passes the better
When he took the ball off matic at the end only to play a misplaced pass I lost it

Djemba-Djemba

I like him generally and I've defended him a lot.

But he was absolutely fecking rotten today, an awful awful display.

And it's not as important as his crap defending, but I'm starting to get sick of how many good chances he misses with his head from set pieces. 50p head.

el3mel

He has been terrible ever since the restart. Before the break he was average/Ok. Now really terrible.

PoTMS

Donkey at both ends of the pitch. Looks like another expensive dud. Most days, our defence somehow gets away with it but today we were punished.

Fussmeister

Shitshow from Everyone so lets forget this one and move on. He is still a good defender so just drop it.

I’m not being funny or anything but I don’t remember Giroud giving Smalling that much grief, Maguire was struggling to deal with him.

MphoG

The bit towards the end when Abrahams turned him was hilarious. I couldn’t help but laugh. He’s an average defender at best. The last few games have really exposed his deficiencies. Lacks authority, slow, not good one on one, useless in set pieces on either box. Only thing he has going is that he is apparently a “leader”

Litch

Some players are getting found out, don't know why we have to spend more money to get the most out of someone we just spent 80m for?

Ashish Negi

Smalling would have scored atleast 5 goals this season on those headers he got from set pieces.

Leaving aside his defending

King Andow

Unfortunately he doesn't have a proper partner to tell him to score against the opposition and not against his own goal. Unlucky.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Giroud is surprisingly good against big strong CB's, I have yet to see him being bullied. I also remember him getting the better of Van Dijk in an international match against the Netherlands.

In fact, ever since his move to Chelsea, Giroud has been surprisingly effective. FA Cup & World Cup winner in 2018, Europa League winner in 2019.
It's actually the reason why I used to not like him, he is vicious and will shove and push defenders around all game long. He is like a clean version of Diego Costa, he does all the dirty things without losing his mind.

I’m not being funny or anything but I don’t remember Giroud giving Smalling that much grief, Maguire was struggling to deal with him.
Smalling is grabby but very strong and fast, he doesn't get bullied.

el3mel

To be honest I really can't imagine us playing against Barca, Madrid or Bayern with Maguire in CB. Can you imagine Messi vs him ?

To be honest I really can't imagine us playing against Barca, Madrid or Bayern with Maguire in CB. Can you imagine Messi vs him ?
This is thing, we won’t compete with Maguire and Lindelöf they’re a horrible pairing I said it ages ago.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Look what Messi done vs Ferdinand & Vidic, x100 even at Messi's age now. I don't even want to think about it. :lol:

3KDré

Smalling doesn't get grief from many physical players. He is probably better against them because he is tall, strong and fast but agile enough so that when they do sometimes get the better of him he can usually make up for it.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Absolute calamitous performance today. His only strengths lie in the air, which Giroud completely destroyed him. Take that away from him and we saw what we're left with, and it's not pretty.

6'4, 100kg defender thinks he's Iniesta on the ball... That run he went on at the end summed him up. @GifLord can help with the vid?

Meant to be our £80m Captain? What an embarrassment.
which min ?

James Peril

Can't believe the stick this guy gets here after every goal we concede. I get that some people have agenda's against players like Pogba and the pre 2020 version of Martial, but Maguire?
Granted he is not perfect and yes obviously we overpaid for him but how is that his fault?
The guy played 49 times for us this season. He is the most reliable CB we have had for the last decade by a country mile. The guy is a born leader, fantastic in the air, great tackler and scored some very important goals for us yet from reading the cafe you get the feeling he is a slightly better version of Phil Jones. Delighted we've got him, easily top 5 CB's in the league.
Wholeheartedly disagree, he isn’t top anything. Rating players in a list is silly, but he is no better than most of the starting defenders for the top 15 clubs. Throw Tyrone Mings in for Maguire and it’s not going to change much - Villa would still relegate and United would still be 5th. Terrible header of the ball at the other end, has the chance to score ten goals this season but makes every attempt look like a clearance. Lacks concentration, slow on the turns, lacks pace.. doesn’t hold the backline together at all. Born leader? Because he’s tall and English? I don‘t see any leadership ability with him at all, does he speak at all?

He is fit every game and battles hard on defensive set-pieces, but so did Chris Smalling. And I’ll tell you what... Maguire isn’t anywhere near a top level Phil Jones, which of course isn’t a player we have anymore... but needs to be mentioned regardless. Maguire is mediocre Premier League-defender, on par with players like Evans, Dunk, Mings, Tarkowski, Matip, Sakho, Christensen, Süyüncü and the likes. All either great headers or tackles, but severely lacking compared to the great defenders in the world. Also worth mentioning that the league itself has very few consistently great defenders. We’re not gonna win the league with Maguire as our «best» defender, forget about it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
80m. I laugh when I say it in my head. Needs to sort himself out. Heard he is playing with an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.