6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Excellent game from him. Had the most touches (125) and kept the ball moving well. Looked focused at the back, when needed.

massi83

Has he finally understood he is the worst passer in the team? Kept it simpler and quicker tonight than before.

Longshanks

Back in his best position (LCB) and no coincidence he looked as comfortable and confident as he has for a long time.

Good performance, helped by the quality of the opposition but let's hope he can build on it.

Looked good under no pressure and he played like he was aware he was the worst defender on the ball. Still bottom of the pecking order.

erikcred

Has he finally understood he is the worst passer in the team? Kept it simpler and quicker tonight than before.
Looked good under no pressure and he played like he was aware he was the worst defender on the ball. Still bottom of the pecking order.
Ironically, that's the attitude that'll improve him.

As soon as he joined he was touted as a leader when he was pretty good at just doing simple things, following basic orders. See ball in the box. Head. Clear. Get ball. Pass it to the next guy and don't try to be Beckham or something. Not captaincy material in a million years.

It's like when Liverpool signed Lovren as the leader of their defence and he kept making howlers until he accepted that he was second fiddle to Van Dijk. Maybe also Mertesacker for Arsenal before his injuries.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Played well, happy for him. We need him to keep it up because there will have to be minutes for him given our injury record.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Played well and good to see that he sprinted back as quickly as he could instead of jogging around

Paddymcc

Had a good game and imposed himself well on the Palace attackers.

You can see hes a bit ring rusty if you recall towards the ends of the game Casemiro was remonstrating with him to get into the box to play out from a goal kick with Onana.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Good game from him. Kept the passing simple, and no mistakes at the back.

Zed 101

Maquire's confidence had been shredded, will be interesting to see if he can maintain the performance levels, maybe removing the captaincy was something he needed, instead of taking everything on to himself, still slow and clumsy but he always had good awareness, strength and heading, if he plays to his strengths in the right set up he may well have an important role this season after all

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hoping he gets the nod alongside Varane whilst Martinez is out. A good chance to make a comeback or realise he should probably leave.

Stadjer

Hoping he gets the nod alongside Varane whilst Martinez is out. A good chance to make a comeback or realise he should probably leave.
Hopefully he stays on the bench. That is also what i expect. Lindelof is a better player. When Maguire sits on the bench watching Jonny Evans warming up to get on as a sub Maguire should realise that he needs to leave. Actually he should realise he should have left a long time ago.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Think he needs to start alongside Maguire. If he can build form and confidence his top level is much better than Lindelofs.

abailey123

It shows his gamble to turn down West Ham has paid off. He’s going to get plenty of minutes over the next couple of months. Performances like Tuesday should give him confidence to kick on a bit.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Would be our strongest partnership with the other injuries.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Agree. I would definitely start them given both given they just played against the same attack on Tuesday with minimal fuss. Mateta is good in the air so think Maguire is a better match so hoping he plays LCB - Need him to find the form of 2021

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fecker knew his teammates were made of glass. Fair fecks to him.

FerociousCorgis

Still sucks we couldnt move him on and bring in someone like todibo right now to start getting good game time. Pretty much a waste of CB time right now since he clearly isnt in our long term plans.

FerociousCorgis

Long ball played to him, doesn't come close to winning header. Last chance and he literally hits a player with his back pass attempt

GoldanoGraham

Surely he will get a chance to start now as everyone else has been a shower so come’th the hour come’th Maguire!

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

To this extent? The ridiculing of Maguire is at, from what I've seen, unprecedented levels. I mean there has been general hatred towards players (see Beckham etc), but this is different.
After watching the Beckham documentary, it further puzzles me how people genuinely think the treatment towards Maguire is in any way comparable to the abuse Beckham received. The shit Beckham got from fans inside every stadium in England (bar Old Trafford) was next-level horrible. I'd imagine Becks must be looking at Maguire getting sarcastically applauded by opposition fans like it's royalty-esque treatment. And as Rio said, mental health wasn't acknowledged back then, so Beckham almost had no choice but to bury his feelings deep down.

city-puma

After watching the Beckham documentary, it further puzzles me how people genuinely think the treatment towards Maguire is in any way comparable to the abuse Beckham received. The shit Beckham got from fans inside every stadium in England (bar Old Trafford) was next-level horrible. I'd imagine Becks must be looking at Maguire getting sarcastically applauded by opposition fans like it's royalty-esque treatment. And as Rio said, mental health wasn't acknowledged back then, so Beckham almost had no choice but to bury his feelings deep down.
So, the conclusion is that it’s not a big deal for Maguire to suffer it? Just because Beckham suffered more as you believe?

Doracle

If our other option is Lindelof, then Maguire should be starting every single time. It’s not ideal but Eric can’t be stubborn here - do what’s best for the team.

ROFLUTION

Is Evans out? He was motm last time he played, so I don't really understand why people are talking of Maguire as he should be the obvious choice in central defence.

lex talionis

Evans can't go twice a week, nor can Varane. Give Maguire some starts until we've cycled through the injury crisis.

Marcus

Put Maguire back in to replace Lindelof. One of his characteristics is to not let his head drop if the chips are down. Some may even think he is delusional. After all, look at the crisis he faces personally on a continuous basis. Will bring some character back into the team.

Tyrion

Is Evans out? He was motm last time he played, so I don't really understand why people are talking of Maguire as he should be the obvious choice in central defence.
Yeah I'd have Evans and Lindelof ahead of Maguire. I think people are overreacting to bad results we've had with Maguire not playing. It definitely doesn't mean he's the solution.

Jericho

Yeah I'd have Evans and Lindelöf ahead of Maguire. I think people are overreacting to bad results we've had with Maguire not playing. It definitely doesn't mean he's the solution.
It's not that he's necessarily the solution but he may be the lesser of two evils on current form. If Ten Hag is being fair here then he acknowledges that Lindelöf has been very poor and Maguire has earned an opportunity to get back into the team based on his last couple of performances. He may well get into the team and have an absolute mare, but as of right now I think it makes sense to give him the nod over Lindelöf.