View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Tyrion

It's not that he's necessarily the solution but he may be the lesser of two evils on current form. If Ten Hag is being fair here then he acknowledges that Lindelöf has been very poor and Maguire has earned an opportunity to get back into the team based on his last couple of performances. He may well get into the team and have an absolute mare, but as of right now I think it makes sense to give him the nod over Lindelöf.

Has he really been good lately? Everytime I see him I just feel nervous and pity the guy.

ROFLUTION

It's not that he's necessarily the solution but he may be the lesser of two evils on current form. If Ten Hag is being fair here then he acknowledges that Lindelöf has been very poor and Maguire has earned an opportunity to get back into the team based on his last couple of performances. He may well get into the team and have an absolute mare, but as of right now I think it makes sense to give him the nod over Lindelöf.
The context you quoted was Evans vs Maguire here, not Maguire vs Lindelof. Evans played a Motm performance, yet Maguire somehow is the one who should be in the squad according to many

ROFLUTION

If ten haag gets the sack it'll another 2 years clean slate for Harry.

A few quite knuckling down a good game here and there and another 5 years contract extension
According to your logic any normal manager would pick Harry over both Martinez, Varane and potentially Shaw. You actually believe this?

Oranges038

After watching the Beckham documentary, it further puzzles me how people genuinely think the treatment towards Maguire is in any way comparable to the abuse Beckham received. The shit Beckham got from fans inside every stadium in England (bar Old Trafford) was next-level horrible. I'd imagine Becks must be looking at Maguire getting sarcastically applauded by opposition fans like it's royalty-esque treatment. And as Rio said, mental health wasn't acknowledged back then, so Beckham almost had no choice but to bury his feelings deep down.
It's not even comparable, has there been effigies or Harry being hanged strung up? Or people going round his parents house or his grandparents house. There's a huge difference between that and a few posts online and having kids shout "Harry Maguire" every time one of them does something stupid playing ball.

Beckham most likely had to just suck it up and get on with it, but he had the ability and mentality to give them the two fingers by doing the business on the pitch. He was also playing in a successful team which made it easier for him to just play his football and rise above it all.

sugar_kane

One thing I will say about Maguire is at least he plays like he gives a shit, which you can't say for a lot of our squad past and present.

I hope he can recover his confidence and play a big part for us this season, because times are desperate.

PoTMS

Very good performance today. Capped with an assist.

Jericho

Credit where it's due. Had a decent game, and got the assist for the winner. Good man Harry.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good game for him. He's far better than Lindelof.

Ludens the Red

Him and Evans were the best players today which I thought was indicative of the state of the rest of the team.

Ace of Spades

Played well. As long as he keeps things simple, and does not have to worry about pace he can be good. Both him and Evans were good.

T_Model101

Great performance, was assured at the back and Onana needs that.
Was asking the ref about the disallowed goal too with Bruno nowhere to be seen

abailey123

From what I seen (missed the first 30 minutes) that was the sort of Maguire performance during his first 18 months at united. He deserves a run of games based on this and the palace performance in the cup

Atheist

Fair play to him, he did more than some of
our front-line attackers in offensive contributions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was good, again. He hasn't had many chances but I think he's been good when he's played. Better than Varane has been this season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He should’ve been playing since he did well in the cup, he’s our most dependable defender fitness wise, it makes sense to try and get him in form.

the hea

McTominay is of course the MOTM after those 2 goals but Maguire was our best player on the pitch today and looked very composed both in possesion and when defending.

Member 128195

Well done Harry. We're all about to witness one of the greatest turn arounds since Diego Forlan. In Harry we trust. <3