g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Harry Maguire image 5

Harry Maguire England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

AshRK

That was his yearly 2 week of fame performance, now back to being Maguire.

ti vu

Nobody was doing their jobs in front of him either. They just ran through us.
Doesn't absolve his share of issue by panicking and running back too quick, opening space and easy options for oppositions. He made tactical schoolboy mistake. No serious teams defend highline like this. It's not one off rare occasion. Over the years, he always does this. In the build up for City second goal, he did the same (Evans made more of same mistake in that game). And many of the players have been replaced, but same issue persists with his game even when he's in good form, not making mistake on ball.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

I still don’t understand why this gobshite opened his mouth with that win percentage stuff. It was just setting himself up to fail. He wasn’t the worse player out there but he certainly wasn’t anywhere near being one of the better ones. He’s now gonna get lambasted again and honestly he only has himself and his weird pundit mates (Agbonlahor, Sherwood etc) to blame.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I still don’t understand why this gobshite opened his mouth with that win percentage stuff. It was just setting himself up to fail. He wasn’t the worse player out there but he certainly wasn’t anywhere near being one of the better ones. He’s now gonna get lambasted again and honestly he only has himself and his weird pundit mates (Agbonlahor, Sherwood etc) to blame.
You already answered it, he's a selfish gobshite who only cares about himself and his own image.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Being blocked off by Gordon by the goal and his reaction was utterly pathetic. He was good on the ball spreading the play, but slow to react, slow and not aggressive enough.

ToToMarshall

If he never opened his gob, never did weird things whilst away with England and Southgate didn't decide to make mountains out of molehills about him, I wouldn't mind him. He's nothing special, and the political issues of him still being the most expensive defender ever and our now ex-captain make it confusing, but I don't think he's bad, and if he wasn't such a cryarse baby with a massively inflated ego he'd be a useful back-up defender. His on-field contributions are not the biggest issue with him, it's all the extra shite.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He took a hit on that win percentage of his last night. Great clearing header.....

ZainCRse7en

Wish he would just stfu after being decent against some relatively poor opposition. All this talk about win percentages, him being picked for England, etc. Put him up against any half decent opposition and he immediately look like an absolutely clown.

He is just either too arrogant and egoistic or he is simply dumb.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
While there are many things wrong with our team in the first goal, but Maguire deserved his share of blame by again uncoordinatedly backpedaling alone and creating space for opposition. Defending high without properly utilizing offside trap is suicidal.
While Dalot's positioning for the first goal was simply tragic, Maguire's tracking run that left our entire central area exposed was pure comedy. He wasn't even covering Gordon properly — and the pass to him was never available (Lindelöf was in the way). It was so bad, as if he tried to be as far away from the trouble as possible :lol:

tomaldinho1

As our 3rd or 4th choice CB he's fine, wasn't terrible yesterday but my thoughts on him lacking aggression showing through again - he could easily have powered that header a bit more and gone through Gordon completely legally, he'd have probably even won a freekick for Gordon impeding him. It was an unbelivable finish though.

Dve

As our 3rd or 4th choice CB he's fine, wasn't terrible yesterday but my thoughts on him lacking aggression showing through again - he could easily have powered that header a bit more and gone through Gordon completely legally, he'd have probably even won a freekick for Gordon impeding him. It was an unbelivable finish though.
And unbelievable luck as well. I would like to see him do that again in his next 20 attempts. But I agree, Maguire actually had a decent game. I thought he was a bit weak on their third goal when he got blocked, but his long passes were imminent.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I don’t dislike Maguire but the trouble is he’s not ok as our 3/4th choice CB as his profile completely changes what we can get away with in midfield which has a knock on effect elsewhere.

tomaldinho1

I don’t dislike Maguire but the trouble is he’s not ok as our 3/4th choice CB as his profile completely changes what we can get away with in midfield which has a knock on effect elsewhere.
I think it's ok if we recruited like a normal team, usually teams have one two fast CBs - we genuinely have none now Varane's legs have gone - even picking up a relatively cheap and young CB with raw physical attributes, someone like Danso at Lens, should have been high on our list of priorities over someone like Mount last window. As it stands Maguire is arguably our best RCB right now and he is not an elite player.

RuudTom83

For all his flaws he is actually one of the few players in the squad who is not made of glass and has a bit of mental toughness.

BarstoolProphet

The worse our football gets, the better Maguire plays. His mental strength must be through the roof.

slored1

Weird to say but he has been our POTS until now. The only consistent OK performer.

Bobski

Dude was a beast today, headed everything, put his body on the line. Criticize him all you want but he has shown up as a leader in this run of games despite what has gone on with everyone else.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Agree. There's no conspiracy with Varane. Maguire is simply keeping him out of the team and neither is trusted to play LCB.

Trezeguet17

A confident Maguire is actually a great CB. One or two more solid games like this and he maybe finally gets back to his Leicester form and shows everyone why we bought him.

Dorris

Colossus. Making the stupid part of our fan base look even stupider.

Adamsk7

Fair fecks. He’s probably our most consistent player at the moment.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Decent display, but neither Fulham striker was particularly good.

But you can see him being a lot more assertive on the pitch and that's exactly what we want to see.

miked99

Really good performance, and even more so considering he seemed to have some sort of concussion for the entire match.

Wish we could pass this guy's mental strength on to the rest of the squad.

MrBest

Good man, proving us all wrong. Still a way to go but you have to give it to him, he has balls.

Sgreddevil

Who knows that after spending big, we are now relying on Maguire and Evans as our centrebacks to hold the line for us. They have done an admirable job so far. I hope the others can step up ans do their job.