View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Crimson King

West Ham once quoted us £60m for Issa Diop, apparently, yet think Maguire is only worth £20m?

Yeah, sure.

Gordon S

In his 5 seasons at Ajax I have never seen him this upset.
Feel sorry for him already, gets a big move to one of the biggest clubs in the world, only to realize that one of the highest paid defenders in the world, the former captain of the club, has two left feet and the positional sense of a guy playing a different game in VR.
Onana is praying Varane stays fit right now.

Battery

Can we not just leave him in the US somewhere and go full Richard Ashcroft?

Like a cat in a bag, waiting to drown...

*disclaimer* I love animals and would never do that to a cat, but we are talking about Maguire.

Stadjer

West Ham once quoted us £60m for Issa Diop, apparently, yet think Maguire is only worth £20m?

Yeah, sure.
When you try to sell you start high, when you try to buy you start low. Also you are comparing a starter that West Ham wanted to keep to a unwanted reserve player.

Maguire just isnt as valueable as some seem to think. ETH doesnt want Maguire. Maguire has shown he cant lead a defense or team and is stripped of the armband. Maguire made another mistake and got shouted at last night. Maguire is the biggest world wide footballing joke. People touting a higher price for Maguire is because he is English and the media likes him. If he wasnt English or a world record siging than 20m would have been seen as a good price.

Josep Dowling

When you try to sell you start high, when you try to buy you start low. Also you are comparing a starter that West Ham wanted to keep to a unwanted reserve player.

Maguire just isnt as valueable as some seem to think. ETH doesnt want Maguire. Maguire has shown he cant lead a defense or team and is stripped of the armband. Maguire made another mistake and got shouted at last night. Maguire is the biggest world wide footballing joke. People touting a higher price for Maguire is because he is English and the media likes him. If he wasnt English or a world record siging than 20m would have been seen as a good price.
Maguire has become a meme and that reputation will be impossible to remove whilst he plays for United. I'm surprised he's is so resistant to a move but then I'm sure the only reason he wants to stay is his salary. £20m and his wages removed is not amazing but he's gone. United make this mistake so often and end up keeping players until their contract ends. It doesn't make sense to keep him when he's not even 4th choice.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His problem is those mistakes are always in him. It unsettles the whole team and there's no justification to carrying him anymore.

Remember the geese

Painful watching him out there. He needs to leave for his own benefit. Falling down the pecking order, confidence looks irretrievably shot to pieces and mistake after mistake. More booing from the fans who are probably sick of the sight of him.

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He just can’t play the style Erik requires. He can’t pass at all, he’s a defender you want to clatter into someone and hoof it clear. Not his fault, awful signing by Ole.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He needs to leave for his mental health. He looks like he is scared of his own shadow.

Chip

In all seriousness: In a scenario where there isn't a single taker we should consider releasing him on a free and pay out his contract as nobody is winning at this stage. He's mentally shot, a walking meme, and it reflects as badly on United as it does on him.

And that's even without his actual play - he's a walking disaster on the pitch, and his team mates clearly don't trust him. We should move on as quickly as possible.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I hope he sees sense and pushes to leave. He will never get back to being an active, positive part of this team and he makes everyone around him worse.

He doesn’t deserve the abuse and can still leave and have a great 3-4 years for England and at a respectable club like West Ham or Everton.

He is clinging on to the United dream, but it’s doing the team no favors and it’s killing him as a footballer.

Stadjer

In all seriousness: In a scenario where there isn't a single taker we should consider releasing him on a free and pay out his contract as nobody is winning at this stage. He's mentally shot, a walking meme, and it reflects as badly on United as it does on him.

And that's even without his actual play - he's a walking disaster on the pitch, and his team mates clearly don't trust him. We should move on as quickly as possible.
At the very least he takes the focus away of other players. If Maguire leaves someone else will be picked as the class clown. Also i dont think that paying him to go away will improve his mental state. It also doesnt look great on Manchester United to pay a record signing just to make him go away.

The whole releasing players from contracts is very unrealistic. That hardly ever happens and certainly not with big name players. Tadic at Ajax was a huge shock and he isnt exactly a global superstar.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We can’t release him, but can certainly take the hit on the transfer fee and get his wages off the books. Sometimes you just have to hold you hands up, admit the mistake, take the hit and move on.

Take 55 million from West ham for him (20) and McTominey (35) and be done with it. Yes, we lose book value on Maguire but it’s our own fault. The team look terrible every time he plays and he needs to rebuild his career before it’s too late.

criticalanalysis

I feel bad for him because he hasn't deserved half of the abuse and vitriol for his performances, which yes has been poor. Having said that, I think his form is almost at the point of no return now. He's not even making 'bad' mistakes. It's mostly just sloppy play but he's almost getting a 100% punish rate; if you don't laugh, you'll cry kinda stuff.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is not good enough for us but his he not this poor. His confidence is gone, you can the captaincy meant a lot to him and it's having an impact on his performance. It's hard knowing you're not wanted and you start to have doubts.

With that being said, I find it hard to feel bad for him. He should be pushing harder to move, he only has himself to blame.

Irwin99

I don't like the booing. He needs to leave for his own sake though, i doubt there's any coming back from this.

1 solid/decent first season, average second season and two catastrophic ones after that. 80 million :(

bstb3

That assist alone offsets the gaff. Still 30m or bust. He could be Moysey's new Fellaini.

red.knight

If we want to sell Maguire we shouldn’t be playing him because the price will go down.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I didn't start watching until the 2nd half so I missed thier goal. But from what I saw in the second half, Maguire was brilliant. Probably our best player on the field. This is by no means a suggestion of taking him off the market. But hopefully he showed other teams that he can be a valuable asset.

edgecutter

If we want to sell Maguire we shouldn’t be playing him because the price will go down.
He won't play any meaningful minutes this year, and today just shows that he is liable to cost us a goal. Add on the fact that we are struggling to score goals at the minute he shouldn't even be on the bench against Wolves.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I didn't start watching until the 2nd half so I missed thier goal. But from what I saw in the second half, Maguire was brilliant. Probably our best player on the field. This is by no means a suggestion of taking him off the market. But hopefully he showed other teams that he can be a valuable asset.
:lol:

Yandhi

Gotta love Harry. He's an emotional player and you can see he's still going through it. We need to support him, not try to bring him down with boos and insults. Support our players!

Reactions: Jippy

Lyng

Might wanna watch the first half....

Andersonson

Player threads should be closed until a competitive game is played. He has been mocked in 4 pages already

Stadjer

Thats fine but even a defender who is brilliant for 89 minutes, something Maguire is usually not, but will make a mistake that results in a chance isnt a good defender. You just cant trust him or feel secure with him at the back (anymore).

edgecutter

Gotta love Harry. He's an emotional player and you can see he's still going through it. We need to support him, not try to bring him down with boos and insults. Support our players!
How can you 'love' Harry with the incompetence he has shown over the last 3 years and some of the stupid comments he has made in the media?

Yes, give him support when he plays like any United player, but that doesn't change the fact that he causes nothing but anxiety when he plays and needs to go.