Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yes, Harry.

Did he stop it? Yes or no.
So you think that Harry should let his man go and run to a midfielder who may or may not get the ball. And because he didn't, it's his fault for not picking up a midfielder who made a late run into the box while the other midfielders were caught ball watching? If anything, Harry is the only one that did the right thing. He tracked his man. Nobody else did. And you want to blame him and not claim to be scapegoating? Give your head a shake.

Speako

So you think that Harry should let his man go and run to a midfielder who may or may not get the ball. And because he didn't, it's his fault for not picking up a midfielder who made a late run into the box while the other midfielders were caught ball watching? If anything, Harry is the only one that did the right thing. He tracked his man. Nobody else did. And you want to blame him and not claim to be scapegoating? Give your head a shake.
You’re talking absolute balls, which is nothing new. I’m more than happy to disagree with you and agree with ETH. Your obsession and support of Maguire is borderline unhealthy.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You’re talking absolute balls, which is nothing new. I’m more than happy to disagree with you and agree with ETH. Your obsession and support of Maguire is borderline unhealthy.
What does ETH have to do with whether or not Harry was at fault for the goal yesterday? And BTW, I have never said Harry should be our starting centre half. I'm more than happy with him being 2nd or 3rd choice RCB. I just don't like how he gets scapegoated and blamed for goals that aren't his fault

Speako

What does ETH have to do with whether or not Harry was at fault for the goal yesterday? And BTW, I have never said Harry should be our starting centre half. I'm more than happy with him being 2nd or 3rd choice RCB. I just don't like how he gets scapegoated and blamed for goals that aren't his fault
For goodness sake, Maguire WAS at fault for the goal! It’s clear as day! Was he solely at fault? Of course not. There were many culpable in the poor defending of the move in general, but you continue to refuse any accountability in everything Maguire does, and are showing this again while he’s on international duty (because, thank goodness, he only plays for us in an injury crisis, so poorly have his performances been - something you would hear nothing off last season, instead quoting ridiculous playing statistics) Interestingly, these are exactly the types of personality traits Maguire shows himself, which is possibly why you are such a supporter.
I don’t expect you to listen, and I’ve banged my head against the wall enough, to continue would make me mad or an idiot, and I’m neither. I’m glad you get behind one of our players so diligently, but we’ll have to agree to disagree on him I’m afraid.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
For goodness sake, Maguire WAS at fault for the goal! It’s clear as day! Was he solely at fault? Of course not. There were many culpable in the poor defending of the move in general, but you continue to refuse any accountability in everything Maguire does, and are showing this again while he’s on international duty (because, thank goodness, he only plays for us in an injury crisis, so poorly have his performances been - something you would hear nothing off last season, instead quoting ridiculous playing statistics) Interestingly, these are exactly the types of personality traits Maguire shows himself, which is possibly why you are such a supporter.
I don’t expect you to listen, and I’ve banged my head against the wall enough, to continue would make me mad or an idiot, and I’m neither. I’m glad you get behind one of our players so diligently, but we’ll have to agree to disagree on him I’m afraid.
I have seen plenty of times where Maguire should do better and I have called him out for it. This is not one of them. He tracks his man who makes a run across the 6. Are you seriously telling me he should leave that man alone and go stand and wait for a guy who is making a late run into the 18 who should be picked up by other midfielders? You can't be for real. This has to be a troll. Bang your head some more because if you are blaming Maguire for this, you clearly are scapegoating. If not, then perhaps football isn't for you

Grande

Oviously every manager has certain players they believe in.

The part that is annoying me with SOuthgate and that is he keeps mentioning principles of what you have to do to fit the criteria of playing for England....yet constantly picking these other players that havent matched that criteria at all, sounding lke a media savvy politician.

I am actually not against him picking Maguire for England. He has done well for his coutnry and there simply havent been good enough centre backs to actually challenge him and Stones anyway, liek the goalkeeper situation, these are the only areas within the squad we are weak. There are centre backs coming through though.

I dont really get what you are answering in your response though? My main point was simply people expecting Magurie to leave to play in the Euros if he istn palying for United are naive as he wll still get selected even though this goes against what SOuthgate says players need to do to be playing for England, I don tthink you have answered or jsutified this or even addressed it in response?
Sorry, I didn’t read the whole sequence of posts before, my comment was a tangent on what I see was only a side point in your post, about becoming more and more pissed with Southgate playing favorites and jibberish explanations. I think you are right inasmuch as it’s a lot of politician talk, which I think is to be expected from coaches speaking in public.

As for the Maguire not needing to move point, I see your argument. I’m not sure Maguire can feel all that sure about it, though, realistically. He’s taking a big chance, but it’s his to take. I do not believe for a second Southgate has told him ‘never mind if you sit on the bench for a year, I’ll play you anyway’. He wouldn’t, he would say the opposite if anything.

jesperjaap

Sorry, I didn’t read the whole sequence of posts before, my comment was a tangent on what I see was only a side point in your post, about becoming more and more pissed with Southgate playing favorites and jibberish explanations. I think you are right inasmuch as it’s a lot of politician talk, which I think is to be expected from coaches speaking in public.

As for the Maguire not needing to move point, I see your argument. I’m not sure Maguire can feel all that sure about it, though, realistically. He’s taking a big chance, but it’s his to take. I do not believe for a second Southgate has told him ‘never mind if you sit on the bench for a year, I’ll play you anyway’. He wouldn’t, he would say the opposite if anything.
Dont disagree with that, but not sure the likes of Guehi or Colwill can make such a bg impact over this season to take his place in the starting line up even if he isnt playing. I like COlwill but think it may be a season too early for him, especially under Southgate

Speako

I have seen plenty of times where Maguire should do better and I have called him out for it. This is not one of them. He tracks his man who makes a run across the 6. Are you seriously telling me he should leave that man alone and go stand and wait for a guy who is making a late run into the 18 who should be picked up by other midfielders? You can't be for real. This has to be a troll. Bang your head some more because if you are blaming Maguire for this, you clearly are scapegoating. If not, then perhaps football isn't for you
Yeah, now it's fairly clear you're on a wind up. Fair play. But thankfully I've better things to do than continue to listen to your innate ramblings, I'll leave that to others in this thread who can be bothered even attempting an adult conversation with you. Enjoy following Harry wherever he goes.

jadaba

He can’t catch a break, but he could’ve had he moved to West Ham. It would’ve been an opportunity to relieve the pressure off himself, get a chance at a restart and to prove his worth in a team where his strengths would show. The indication is that he stayed at United not because he truly wanted to fight for his place but because he wanted a large payout, and the price of that seems to be continued ridicule. So despite the cruelty of the mockery he faces, I struggle to really feel sorry for him.

Ananke

Why feel sorry for this guy? He genuinely believes he is hot shit. He won’t leave, and he gets picked for England despite barely playing football as a 5th choice CB.

Believes he has nothing to prove. Every opponent wants him to play ffs.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yeah even Southgate will be put in a position where he simply can't back him anymore.

He'll still get his obscene benchwarmer rates though so that softens the blow.

kidbob

I don't feel for him. He's absolutely shite at his job but gets paid millions a year. Him, Sancho and Martial are the luckiest guys in the World. Common theme is they play for our club.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Has his general play been poor, outside of the OG?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Has his general play been poor, outside of the OG?
No he has been fine, and the own goal really wasn't his fault,
but England haven't really been troubled that much at the back.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hard to tell as Scotland have been shite
No he has been fine, and the own goal really wasn't his fault,
but England haven't really been troubled that much at the back.
Cheers. I expected so. I don't want him to look completely inept, we're going to need him soon enough, but I'd like to see him dropped for England to put pressure on him to move in January.

Mike Smalling

Why feel sorry for this guy? He genuinely believes he is hot shit. He won’t leave, and he gets picked for England despite barely playing football as a 5th choice CB.

Believes he has nothing to prove. Every opponent wants him to play ffs.
Totally agree, I don’t get it either. He had every chance to make a good career choice by moving to a club where he could play regularly and stay sharp. His greed and overestimation of his own abilities prevented him from doing that.

Don’t feel sorry for him in the slightest. Just looking forward until his contract expires.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Don't think I've ever known a player receive this kind of abuse for such a sustained period. Must be absolutely brutal for his mental health.

massey

Doesn't matter if he's played a blinder the guy is a mistake certainty every game when you have players like Maguire in your side any kind of shot at goal has a higher percentage of going in as he's such a lumbering feckwit with some kind of magnetic attraction to deflecting it past the keeper or into dangerous areas yes I'm drunk.

mikeyt

Genuinely feel sorry for him :(
Earning £200k a week, is crap at football but thinks he's the bollocks, had an offer to move to another club more his level but held out for a stupid amount more money knowing he'd be a benchwarmer here. The bloke is a disgrace

kidbob

Don't think I've ever known a player receive this kind of abuse for such a sustained period. Must be absolutely brutal for his mental health.
He had the chance to go to West Ham and take the pressure off but he thinks he's better than that. The man has no self awareness. I'm sure his mental health is fine as he seems to have no idea about how bad he is.

Telsim

Yikes.

Would have probably felt sorry for him, but he refused to leave, so I really don't. That's all there is to it.