6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Him and Sancho, arguably our two worst signings ever. Going to be tough to shift him.
We’ve had worse signings, I’d say Sanchez, Di-Maria, Falcao have been worse. Recent signings I agree they’ve been brutal.

Alemar

We’ve had worse signings, I’d say Sanchez, Di-Maria, Falcao have been worse. Recent signings I agree they’ve been brutal.
Why Di Maria was brutal? We recouped 84% of the transfer fee paid after just one year

edgecutter

Managed to get some of our money back on Di Maria. Sanchez, who knows how much he cost the club, but we did managed to get rid and Falcao was a loan. Both Sancho and Maguire cost 150 million and it is debatable if we ever see a quarter of that money back on either of them.

Irwin99

I'm not saying this with cruelty or "let's all hate Maguire etc" but i do hope Bruno is given the permanent captaincy this season. Maguire should never ever have been given it in the first place (and i doubt he actually even wanted it) and it might be either a weight off his back or a message that it might be time to find a new club and a new beginning.

ForeverRed1

their issues were mainly application/mentality. Or just being passed their best. Maguire simply isn’t good enough to play for united. Not even close and he’s still a good footballer. I think he’d do well in Italy. Slower paced more defensive.

AbusementPark

Why Di Maria was brutal? We recouped 84% of the transfer fee paid after just one year
The issues he caused when at the club, not all down to him but he downed tools, didn’t want to be at the club in the first place and joined for the money. Started strong then was MIA when the going got tough. Red card in the cup game against Arsenal to get time off and end our season.

red.knight

I do not share the general opinion of the mob regarding Maguire. However, it must said that the last eighteen months have not been the best for him. Regardless of Maguire stays at United, surely has the humility to understand/accept he shouldn't be the captain based on previous season.

clarkydaz

I do not share the general opinion of the mob regarding Maguire. However, it must said that the last eighteen months have not been the best for him. Regardless of Maguire stays at United, surely has the humility to understand/accept he shouldn't be the captain based on previous season.
surely he has has the awareness he is not wanted here anymore. Losing his place all season and now likely losing the armband, you have to be a dimwit to stick around and not kickstart your career elsewhere. It highlights what a poor leader he is, the longer he stays here

RopersReturn

It had been thought Maguire was offered the captaincy after an agreement between Ole and Woodward.
This was originally intended to motivate him after a sluggish start as well as reflect the high transfer premium that we’d spent in securing him from Leicester. A lot has changed since then.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not the end of the world if he stays because of his wages, though the captaincy situation needs to change to Bruno and casemiros asap. Can't have that again. Maguire and Lindelof just being backup CBs is fine, though ideally we'd replace.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm not saying this with cruelty or "let's all hate Maguire etc" but i do hope Bruno is given the permanent captaincy this season. Maguire should never ever have been given it in the first place (and i doubt he actually even wanted it) and it might be either a weight off his back or a message that it might be time to find a new club and a new beginning.
Bruno is far from ideal captain material either. His performance against Liverpool shouldn't be forgotten quickly, one of the best/worst examples of a player losing their head and downing tools I've ever seen.

Casemiro or Martinez are the only two for me. It will probably be Bruno though just because.

Earth Wind and McGuire

Look guys it’s only been a few years since he joined us from Leicester. He’s going through a settling in period. This will be his break out season for sure! ;)

InfiniteBoredom

The issues he caused when at the club, not all down to him but he downed tools, didn’t want to be at the club in the first place and joined for the money. Started strong then was MIA when the going got tough. Red card in the cup game against Arsenal to get time off and end our season.
He was our top assister that season which saw us top 4 in the end.

It was a marriage of convenience in the end and Utd fans calling him rat are far worse than AdM. We got a top 4 and most of our money back, he got his move to PSG, that was a fair deal for both parties.

AbusementPark

He was our top assister that season which saw us top 4 in the end.

It was a marriage of convenience in the end and Utd fans calling him rat are far worse than AdM. We got a top 4 and most of our money back, he got his move to PSG, that was a fair deal for both parties.
He got 3 goals and 4 assists in his first 6 games then 6 assists and one goal in 21 games, he was a massive flop considering how good a player he was. Not all his fault, LVG wasn’t the right coach for attacking football and we played the most boring of stuff under him. Agreed we got lost of the money back on him as well but he’s still a worse signing than Maguire and Sancho IMO.

Cloud7

Falcao was a loan.

Di Maria was here for one season, was our (I think) second most productive player that season and we got most of our transfer fee back for him. It didn't go the way we hoped but it was not that bad when viewed holistically.

Sanchez I agree with as he is the worst signing we've made in my lifetime as a United fan.

AbusementPark

Falcao was a loan.

Di Maria was here for one season, was our (I think) second most productive player that season and we got most of our transfer fee back for him. It didn't go the way we hoped but it was not that bad when viewed holistically.

Sanchez I agree with as he is the worst signing we've made in my lifetime as a United fan.
Regardless if it was a loan or not for Falcao it was a really poor loan, £16m for 4 goals is crazy. Maguire hasn’t been great but the first season or two he was good, just doesn’t suit the style of the team right now.

Seij

Pictures and news about how hard he is working come out like clockwork following the news about the captaincy taken away from him.

You have to give it to the guy. His PR game is top.

mintyred

Bruno is far from ideal captain material either. His performance against Liverpool shouldn't be forgotten quickly, one of the best/worst examples of a player losing their head and downing tools I've ever seen.

Casemiro or Martinez are the only two for me. It will probably be Bruno though just because.
Bruno was our captain for the majority of last season and it was fine.

mintyred

Magure only had a good 6 months with us. He was shit when he signed and got the nickname fridge, then he picked up form due to counterattacking football. After that he went back to his original formwhich is his level.

He’s never been a good player, only an average player that benefits from low blocks in front of him.He’s the same level as James Collins.

I can’t see him staying now as he’s so far down the pecking order bit I wish him the best.

Maguire leaving is a signal of real change for the better.

Sid234

Chelsea may be in for Harry after Fofana's knee injury most likely ruling him out for the season

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Pictures and news about how hard he is working come out like clockwork following the news about the captaincy taken away from him.

Wasnt this before the captaincy news?

Tap

Maguire is stripped of the captaincy? Is there a link or anything? I probably missed it and didnt see anything regarding this on soccernet

ScholesyTheWise

Maguire is stripped of the captaincy? Is there a link or anything? I probably missed it and didnt see anything regarding this on soccernet
He himself wrote about it on his Twitter, how disappointed he was but accepting of it, ultimately...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nobody gonna say it? Think he's had a very good pre season. He's in an impossible situation of course, only way is out for him as he doesn't fit, but he's looked focused, motivated, sharp and just played well on and off the ball. Hope he finds a situation where he can actually play and be happy in, because he can be a very good player still

kingEric68

I don’t think he realises. I’ve just watched the Dortmund friendly and he was atrocious again. His basic inability to receive the ball and make a choice of pass is absolutely flawed. He destroys the whole fabric of the team with his poor decisions, but the thing that really gets me is that he constantly berates his team mates with his silly arm gesture. They all must think, who are you Harry. We should have bitten the Hammers arms off when they offered £20m - he wouldn’t get in any City team reserves

red.knight

Maguire stood still flat footed out of position massively on two goals. And then he heads the ball against his own bar. The man is a disaster. Someone explain to me why Maguire is still a united player.