Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

This is quite serious than I initially thought, seeing some people on this forum take it lightly.
We have to make this go away and very quickly, 80m pounds is no joke.

If I am worth that much to a club, I won't be engaged in such shite.

United58

Isn't this the whole problem. The tourist industry has pressured the government to open everything up, then the government has then shut certain countries down again with next to no notice. I know a lot of jobs are at risk, but maybe this summer people should have just stuck to their own countries.
In Ireland they're pushing the whole "staycation" thing; there's a green list of a very, very small number of countries people can come back from without quarantining

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Apparently Woodward has started negotiations with Greek police for Macguire‘s release. Romano believes negotiations could take a while and its most likely he’ll be released in time for the Euros.
Euro 2021 or the next?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So he punched a copper and he's now behind bars? And we're thirty days away from our next game? Have I missed anything?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yeah the penalty joke is real fresh content. Definitely funny. 100%.
It riles up United fans. Case in point, you. That's their job done.

It's shit but going "Grr, the jokes about our player being arrested are crap" is even more childish than "Haha United get penalties."

El Zoido

Usually there is what we refer to as a "court of justice" to decide whether he should spend time in prison or not.
Yeah I know, but just taking it as-read. Obviously we don’t know the nuances..

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It riles up United fans. Case in point, you. That's their job done.

It's shit but going "Grr, the jokes about our player being arrested are crap" is even more childish than "Haha United get penalties."
I've laughed at some of the cleverer ones in here tbf. That one was just shite.

Brophs

The One and Only
I, for one, have always thought Victor Lindelof is an intergral part of our team and look forward to his continued excellent efforts next season.

Smores

are you indicating that fans are biased?
Why would a fan have a biased opinion about a player who happens to play for their club assaulting a police officer? Strange

Surely you can't be done for alleged bribery whilst you're wasted. Wonder if he did the "Do you know who i am' lark

podurban2

"..disobedience, bodily harm, insult and attempted bribery of an employee."

Sounds lovely.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It does sound pretty bad. Need some details on how severe the Greek courts are. In the UK that would get you a slap on the wrist.
Assaulting a police officer gets you a slap on the wrist in the uk? Didn't Ant Middleton do time for doing just that?

monosierra

I'd have assumed he was more mature than this. So we start with Lindelof-Rojo again?

Status
Not open for further replies.