Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

Not going to comment too much as we still don't have all the facts, but this still is disappointing.

Amarsdd

it seems like they were plain clothed officers or (secret police) as the papers are describing them.

The Maguires had just been attacked by another group, they're drunk and high on adrenaline and suddenly somebody else comes along and grabs you out of nowhere. Am I surprised they got thrown to the floor and a small fight ensued? not at all.

Anyway without CCTV evidence it's alll speculation of how / who started it. The police might have been overly heavy handed, or the Maguires might have been acting the big man.

The main thing is I suspect without serious evidence Maguire will get away with a small fine and a warning and we will all be laughing about it in 2/3 weeks.
you forgot what caf is like. I'll bet this will be brought up every week in the performance thread and in every matchday thread next season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s not about Greece, I also like this country of course.

I mean why did he not rent some exclusive villa etc. there? Going to pubs and bars which are known for having British party tourists sounds like a stupid idea.
Oh I get you and yeh to be fair it wouldn’t be my cup of tea either however, if he wanted to party abit I can’t really blame him too much.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
you forgot what caf is like. I'll bet this will be brought up every week in the performance thread and in every matchday thread next season.
True, some people have already decided he is guilty and that he should lose the captaincy and have his contract annulled :houllier: I swear people are getting more and more ridiculous.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It’s not about Greece, I also like this country of course.

I mean why did he not rent some exclusive villa etc. there? Going to pubs and bars which are known for having British party tourists sounds like a stupid idea.
He's a working class bloke from England in his 20s.

This type of holiday (bars and booze with mates) is practically mandatory. I've done them myself.

He's not going to be interested in a classy Villa away from all the fun.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So basically:
Maguire = innocent until proven guilty
Greek police = guilty until proven innocent

Doesn’t seem fair.
And for what it’s worth, no, it doesn’t sound like something Maguire would do, but I don’t know the facts I don’t see how anyone can make a conclusive claim in either way, it’s hardly out of the ordinary for people to act out of character.
Rather:

Maguire: Clean record, is a well respected public figure who has never conducted himself with anything but class.

Hellenic Police: Horrendous record of bribery, violence and corruption. Widely recorded as one of the most corrupt forces in the world.

I think you can forgive people for being skeptical of a force that has a history of overaggressive policing and shaking down foreigners.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Oh I get you and yeh to be fair it wouldn’t be my cup of tea either however, if he wanted to party abit I can’t really blame him too much.
They control themselves for most of the year, this short, even shorter break is their one chance to let their hair down and get it out of their system.

Have I entered an alternate universe where Maguire has shittalked the club and played awful all season ?
No you’ve entered the Caf, where lots of Utd’s own fans seemingly despise the club captain and it’s Christmas to them.

The English bashing has got to a new level in here.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
How did this reach 28 pages ? Caftards that bored ?
Never let almost zero information get in the way of an opportunity to tell everyone how you feel, even if its not really relevant at all.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That's what I was thinking? You could imagine Harry cringing at that.
I could imagine harry secretly agreeing with it and hoping the police take it, It goes both ways.

the amount of gymnastics in this thread is fantastic. Fair enough nobody knows exactly what happened so then why do the people defending him have to make things up:lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I could imagine harry secretly agreeing with it and hoping the police take it, It goes both ways.

the amount of gymnastics in this thread is fantastic. Fair enough nobody knows exactly what happened so then why do the people defending him have to make things up:lol:
People might not agree with me. I have no problem with somebody trying the old bribery thing, it is when the bribe is accepted the trouble starts.

Mac Asimov

Baffled as to why so many people hate Maguire and seemingly want him to be punished without actually knowing the facts.

Let the courts decide what will happen. But we’d be in a much worse position if he wasn’t in our team next season
Said it already, its quite clear there are a lot of trolls / idiots on the caf. I would prefer to see proper debate on events utd related but thats impossible here without some pathetic troll trying to justify their attention seeking existence.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Worst case if he was found guilty and need to spend some time in jail, what should we do? Should we go for another CB?

You think they locked him in a the sky cell like in GOT?
Whatever suits your agenda in your head.

Your posts in this thread have been utterly moronic.

You don’t like like Maguire. We all get that. You know the reasons why.

Claiming he would have been shot if he was in America is just hyperbole.

Let’s wait for some facts.

You’ve jumped on this, and are loving a chance to crucify him before we even have any concrete details.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Poor old harry, he’s Man Utd captain and works hard all year, of course he’s allowed a week off partying, with youngsters, during a pandemic, in Greece, fighting police and bribing them (it wasn’t him!!!). Give the guy a break ffs.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What is your experience with VIP people?
Very important people people? Very little.

But being from the same area as Harry and knowing a lot of people who know him and his family, I can assure you that he’s not Tony Montana

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Whatever suits your agenda in your head.

Your posts in this thread have been utterly moronic.

You don’t like like Maguire. We all get that. You know the reasons why.

Claiming he would have been shot if he was in America is just hyperbole.

Let’s wait for some facts.

You’ve jumped on this, and are loving a chance to crucify him before we even have any concrete details.
I don't like having our players let alone our captain being involved in such a mess. What is wrong with that?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Very important people people? Very little.

But being from the same area as Harry and knowing a lot of people who know him and his family, I can assure you that he’s not Tony Montana
OK. I do and I assure you that they are usually surrounded with leeches who would do anything to make him happy especially if that particular leech is what placed the guy into trouble in the first place.

Deery

Dreary
So should we go for Upamecano now considering our Captain is spending the next couple years in a Greek prison..

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
OK. I do and I assure you that they are usually surrounded with leeches who would do anything to make him happy especially if that particular leech is what placed the guy into trouble in the first place.
But that contradicts your original point that was that Harry was the one behind the bribe even if he wasn’t offering it himself. That he ‘sent’ the bribe...?

Status
Not open for further replies.