Harry Maguire (Out): Chelsea eyeing a shock swoop for Harry Maguire | Utd say not for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

We arent selling our best defender.. this is definitely not happening.

Swedish_Plumber

We get rid of him and we have injury prone Varane, Martinez and Lindelof?

Don’t think this would be smart business at the end of a window.

klayton88

I agree. This should have been done at the start of the window. Careless doing it so late with no reliable backups

Vapor trail

Clickbait at its finest the title says SHOCK in capital letters.

Only there for clicks.
The journalist is known to be half decent. He said a proposal has been given it's not so far out of reach. Chelsea need a centre half, United have one who has underperformed for months his strengths are playing in a back 5, Tuchel plays a back 5.

Red00012

He finishes off his BS story by saying Fofana is still number 1 priority. Click bait rubbish

DickDastardly

Evidence so far shows he’s Ten Hag’s first or second choice among seven options, like he was for Rangnik and Solskjær, like he is for Southgate and would have been for Mourinho. I’m not claiming he’s been marvelous, but everyone with a memory knows he was our best defender in 20/21. wanking over his mistakes like meme jerks is just childish.
Is that the same memory that remembers the same Harry Maguire as the shittiest player in the last 12 months?

Trophy Room

Insane. Maguire is our fittest defender. The rest of the back line are crocks. Pulisic really? Why are we taking on Chelsea waste? 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Maguire is a square peg in a round hole with us. He's always going to get the jitters when he's expected to cover space in behind.

Chelsea's tactical setup is much better for him than Ten Hag's. Chelsea do dominate teams but they don't mind defending quite deep. Plus in a back three Maguire would have extra support.

Put Maguire in the right system and he looks a player. That's never going to be a Ten Hag system though.

spiriticon

Our back line may be crocks, but surely 6 CBs can't all be injured at the same time??

That would just be insane bad luck.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
This would be the deal of the century from our point of view. There's not a chance its true as Chelsea make at least half-sensible transfer decisions most of the time.

cj_sparky

I'd wouldn't be against selling Maguire to Chelsea, only if we could maybe get in another defender. Maybe Torres or someone else. I've no interest in seeing Pulisic though, I think he is bang average.

I don't see this happening though and even if I have my doubts about Maguire. I think we will see an improvement in our defense in general anyway with a competent midfielder ahead of them.

Fitchett

He's shown while playing for England what his strengths are but in a United shirt - especially the last couple of seasons - he's been horrendous.
Of course he's better playing for England. He plays in a back three, with better midfielders offering more protection in front of him, and a keeper who comes off his line behind him. He isn't anywhere near exposed as he is playing for United. That said, he does my head in dawdling on the ball when a quick break is on, before making a safe five yard pass which any spectator could make.

Red Royal

As bad as he was last season, Harry is still a decent CB and one of OUR most reliable. Would be bad to do this.

Someone

Something
Those swap deals almost never happen. Maguire moving to Chelsea would be good for him and United Though. He'd play better in a back 3, and let's be fair, he's been terrible for us. We both need to move on.

Swedish_Plumber

Maguire is a square peg in a round hole with us. He's always going to get the jitters when he's expected to cover space in behind.

Chelsea's tactical setup is much better for him than Ten Hag's. Chelsea do dominate teams but they don't mind defending quite deep. Plus in a back three Maguire would have extra support.

Put Maguire in the right system and he looks a player. That's never going to be a Ten Hag system though.
I mean you’re right, but it’s still shite business getting rid of another CB option this late. We’d need someone in and there’s no guarantee on that.

Pickle85

Varane has been garbage for us.. Lindelof is our second best defender..
This is not counting Martinez.. have no clue how he is..
Maguire has been garbage for us. Varane hasn't played enough but he's also not made the level of brainless errors per game that Maguire has. He's slow, turns like a tanker, isn't the smartest and is sucked out of position at the drop of a hat. I'd drive him to west London myself, and they can keep pulisic.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Maguire has been garbage for us. Varane hasn't played enough but he's also not made the level of brainless errors per game that Maguire has. He's slow, turns like a tanker, isn't the smartest and is sucked out of position at the drop of a hat. I'd drive him to west London myself, and they can keep pulisic.
Ill let him go if you livestream the driving

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Martinez - Varane

Lindelof is the only viable back up. Doesn't make sense, Baily will leave and Jones can't be trusted to stay fit.

Giggsyking

This would be a terrible deal.

Maguire has not pulled up trees but how is a constantly injured winger that has not lived up to his potential going to help us? We've got a few of those already on the books.

Maguire at the moment is at the very least depth at CB, and we'll see how he plays out.
you cant have an 80m depth CB. He must go.

Status
Not open for further replies.