Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Don't bank on it.

I think it's clear as crystal that he wants to join United and would jump at the chance given the opportunity. The only thing preventing that from happening is the stall in negotiations between the two club chairmen rather than the player being unwilling to leave.

There is still plenty of time remaining before deadline day arrives. It's just a matter of patience at this point in proceedings.
you're assuming we haven't set a deadline earlier than deadline day to sell, which is what our manager indicated was the case recently saying we would need to leave ourselves enough time to get a replacement should we wish to do so in the event of us selling Harry, I think if this isn't done at least a week before the deadline it won't happen, you've had all summer but seem to be dragging you feet

Joseunited

He’s not going anywhere. I don’t think he’s motivated by money and still has at least another decade of his career left - and given United’s current situation they’re not exactly attractive at the minute. He can afford to wait.

Leicester’s stance has been strong and consistent throughout this window and last summer too - we don’t need to sell, we don’t need the money, we will not budge from our valuation and we will not be bullied.

And as Maguire is starting in our 3rd preseason friendly in a row rather than having his medical again, it seems to me that negotiations aren’t exactly going well for United.

Staying.
:lol: Oh my days.

AshRK

you're assuming we haven't set a deadline earlier than deadline day to sell, which is what our manager indicated was the case recently saying we would need to leave ourselves enough time to get a replacement should we wish to do so in the event of us selling Harry, I think if this isn't done at least a week before the deadline it won't happen, you've had all summer but seem to be dragging you feet
I am pretty sure Leicester would have already planned a replacement. It's very much clear Leicester are fine selling Maguire or else we would have got a statement from Rodgers or Leicester's board that Maguire is not for sale. Leicester are trying to get maximum out the deal and I can see Leicester end up accepting something less than 80m upfront. I can see this dragging out till the deadline day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Managers say a lot of things that they'd like in an ideal scenario. Ole himself said he wants everyone in before they go to preseason and he's barely half way there on the transfer front.

You seem to have talent at centre back too to be fair.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, Ed tends to 'drag his feet' when it comes to negotiating transfer fees. I think he believes, on some level, that this style of negotiation is a legitimate bartering strategy. No one has had the heart to tell him otherwise.

He'll get there, eventually. He'll make Maguire a United player before this window shuts.

If all else fails, the #freeharrymaguire campaign will begin.

And no one wants that.

SATA

It's good that he's playing some part of pre-season. We will need him fit for the first league game of the season. Van Persie played and appeared in Arsenal pre-season friendlies before coming down to Manchester when the deal was completed. If it's not done yet, he's still a Leicester player and the club will play him

RedDevilRoshi

Just pay the f****** asking price and get this over and done with. Leicester have made it clear, they ain’t budging. Pay up or f*** off!

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Yeah, Ed tends to 'drag his feet' when it comes to negotiating transfer fees. I think he believes, on some level, that this style of negotiation is a legitimate bartering strategy. No one has had the heart to tell him otherwise.

He'll get there, eventually. He'll make Maguire a United player before this window shuts.
I'm sure people had that sentiment last summer about Maguire and Perasic

DoomSlayer

I've not seen any Leicester fan on here say anything derogatory about the size of your club,if Harry is that desperate to join why no transfer request?
Delicate situation? I would like to have some substantiated evidence to back this up please.
In fact I would go as far to say that your atempt at a massive rebuild,under a relatively inexperienced manager, is not exactly seeing a plethora of players knocking down the door to join you.
You will be around 25 points behind us at the end of next season, don't worry about us and focus more on your unique-styled manager, plus the rest of your actual competition.

One bad season and you might be battling around the relegation area and that's just the reality of football.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
I am pretty sure Leicester would have already planned a replacement. It's very much clear Leicester are fine selling Maguire or else we would have got a statement from Rodgers or Leicester's board that Maguire is not for sale. Leicester are trying to get maximum out the deal and I can see Leicester end up accepting something less than 80m upfront. I can see this dragging out till the deadline day.
For the love of god, why is it so hard to understand. We do not want to sell him, but like every single player in the world including everyone who plays for you, players have their price. As Rogers said, we don't want to sell and we don't need the money.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
You will be around 25 points behind us at the end of next season, don't worry about us and focus more on your unique-styled manager, plus the rest of your actual competition.

One bad season and you might be battling around the relegation area and that's just the reality of football.
Confident considering both ends to last season.

ChaddyP

Just pay the f****** asking price and get this over and done with. Leicester have made it clear, they ain’t budging. Pay up or f*** off!

You've been party to the negotiations now :lol:

We actually have no clue what they are willing to accept, or what is really holding up an agreement. Just like with AWB transfer it takes time to get these deals done. Just be patient :cool:

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Our position in football will always be better than Leicester's.

You lost your best player straight after winning the league, your club is an absolute minnow compared to Manchester United and Maguire would give everything to come here, only problem is he doesn't want to fully go against your team, considering how delicate your situation has been for a while.
So he won't give anything then.

El-Manos

He’s not going anywhere. I don’t think he’s motivated by money and still has at least another decade of his career left - and given United’s current situation they’re not exactly attractive at the minute. He can afford to wait.

Leicester’s stance has been strong and consistent throughout this window and last summer too - we don’t need to sell, we don’t need the money, we will not budge from our valuation and we will not be bullied.

And as Maguire is starting in our 3rd preseason friendly in a row rather than having his medical again, it seems to me that negotiations aren’t exactly going well for United.

Staying.
You want to bet money on him staying? Or you just talking out of your arse?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
yes we have scouted potential replacements but the manager also said he wasn't sure they offered value for money and their clubs are likely to want time to replace them too so a deadline day deal wouldn't work for them either as they will need time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You've been party to the negotiations now :lol:

We actually have no clue what they are willing to accept, or what is really holding up an agreement. Just like with AWB transfer it takes time to get these deals done. Just be patient :cool:
To be fair, we know they aren't willing to accept £60m plus 20m bonuses as that was rejected.

We know £70m was rejected.

That means they are likely not selling much below their ask. You don't need to be a member of the negotiation party to work that one out.

DoomSlayer

Confident considering both ends to last season.
More than confident. Ole might be inexperienced compared to Rodgers, but the latter is completely done at this level and will prove that fact in the upcoming season. Should have stayed at Celtic and have fun with his buddy Gerrard.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
More than confident. Ole might be inexperienced compared to Rodgers, but the latter is completely done at this level and will prove that fact in the upcoming season. Should have stayed at Celtic and have fun with his buddy Gerrard.
What an utterly wank statement to make. Rodgers is far from finished, and his work so far at Leicester goes to show he's building a good system there.

Some resident fans here seem to hate anything outside of man utd.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Done at this level... that'll be why we finished the season in champions league form last 11 games, rather than relegation form before he came in. He's made a big difference already.

I can't fathom why a club the size and stature of Man Utd have employed Ole, outside looking in I think it will be a huge mistake.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Done at this level... that'll be why we finished the season in champions league form last 11 games, rather than relegation form before he came in. He's made a big difference already.

I can't fathom why a club the size and stature of Man Utd have employed Ole, outside looking in I think it will be a huge mistake.
I wouldn't bite mate. He must be on a wind up.

ChaddyP

To be fair, we know they aren't willing to accept £60m plus 20m bonuses as that was rejected.

We know £70m was rejected.

That means they are likely not selling much below their ask. You don't need to be a member of the negotiation party to work that one out.

Rodgers said we only had given them one bid which i suspect was the 70 million one that BBC and all reported on. The 60 + 20 sounds more like an idea we floated and they wanted more upfront. That is the part i feel is being negotiated before we go for another official bid. It has the feeling that its more the structure of the payments is what is holding up the deal than the total figure itself. Had we been at a total impass i feel we would have moved on weeks ago. That is my opinion based on how we have been conducting business of late.

Sometimes if feel posters think woody is this awkward teenager begging the hot girls some front every week with no happy ending in sight

Joseunited

Loads of Leicester fans on here, that in itself shows they're worried.
Only one outcome here.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Evans just did his hamstring in our friendly, so your chances of getting Maguire might have just gone down somewhat.

Loads of Leicester fans on here, that in itself shows they're worried.
Only one outcome here.
Worried about what? If he goes then we are going to get a close to world record fee for a defender, which can be used to strengthen several areas. I'd be far more concerned if you wanted Ricardo, Maddison, Ndidi, Vardy or Tielemans. He sits behind them in terms of importance IMO. Said it for some time.

Gandalf

Fair point to defend Brendan, he will always get a raw deal here because of the Liverpool connection but he is clearly a decent manager. Ole will surprise you though. Pep had achieved nothing of note in management when he took over at Barca, same for Zidane at Real. I am convinced that Ole has diagnosed the issues with the team and is moving us in the right direction and our form this year is going to be far closer to his first couple of months in charge than the last couple.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Fair point to defend Brendan, he will always get a raw deal here because of the Liverpool connection but he is clearly a decent manager. Ole will surprise you though. Pep had achieved nothing of note in management when he took over at Barca, same for Zidane at Real. I am convinced that Ole has diagnosed the issues with the team and is moving us in the right direction and our form this year is going to be far closer to his first couple of months in charge than the last couple.
Depends, from the outside looking in it seemed like the moment he signed a 3 year deal your form dropped through the floor, think he needs a fast start or he won’t last the season

El Jefe

:lol: at Leicester fans believing anything Rodgers says. He's an attention seeking twat who loves his name being out there. The sale or non sale of Maguire will not be decided by him.

Also worth mentioning that the second a bigger club is after Rodgers, he'll be out of Leicester much quicker than Kante was.

Gandalf

Depends, from the outside looking in it seemed like the moment he signed a 3 year deal your form dropped through the floor, think he needs a fast start or he won’t last the season
We lost about 4 starters to injury right as he signed the deal and a few others ran out of gas because they were not used to playing a high press. This summer has seen us prepare the squad for that style of play and a lot of work has gone into injury prevention exercises and programs.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
We lost about 4 starters to injury right as he signed the deal and a few others ran out of gas because they were not used to playing a high press. This summer has seen us prepare the squad for that style of play and a lot of work has gone into injury prevention exercises and programs.
Fair enough but he wouldn’t be the first caretaker to be found out when given the job full time

GGT

I don't believe the following, but from various posts, and thoery in this thread, if Maguire has had his medical, but we are not announcing till after our tour hullaboo has died down, what happens if he gets injured paying for Leicester tonight?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I can feel it in my balls.

This will be a done deal on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.