Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The wumming by the Leicester fans on here surely has to start resulting in bans

AshRK

yes we have scouted potential replacements but the manager also said he wasn't sure they offered value for money and their clubs are likely to want time to replace them too so a deadline day deal wouldn't work for them either as they will need time.
Absolutely but I feel this is more like when and not if it will be done.

buckooo1978

I forgot to put you on my "ignore" list, thanks for reminding me.
it was a valid question I asked as well - you come across as very arrogant in terms of we're United, we can get anyone - almost Woodward-esque

we can't just click our fingers and even if Maguire put in a transfer request Leicester dont have to sell though they might be more inclined

if he's 4 years left the club holds all the power

:lol: at Leicester fans believing anything Rodgers says. He's an attention seeking twat who loves his name being out there. The sale or non sale of Maguire will not be decided by him.

Also worth mentioning that the second a bigger club is after Rodgers, he'll be out of Leicester much quicker than Kante was.
Like pretty much every football manager then!

Anyone who believes everything managers say at press conferences need to get a reality check.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
80m for Harold Mackwire is a lot of money but he would be a fitting partner to almost every CB we've got.

AshRK

For the love of god, why is it so hard to understand. We do not want to sell him, but like every single player in the world including everyone who plays for you, players have their price. As Rogers said, we don't want to sell and we don't need the money.
If you don't need the money you would not have set the valuation of 80m. Leicester are entertaining bids and that shows he is there to be bought. If you guys really were not interested in selling you would not be entertaining bids and putting a value on your player. Not for sale and sale for 80m are two different things.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Absolutely but I feel this is more like when and not if it will be done.
We’ll see, for the record I always expected it to happen, but the longer it goes the more I can see our owner saying no to the deal regardless of any offer due to the timing.

They’ve always been pretty straight forward people when it comes to this, they set a fee and a deadline and stick to them

AshRK

We’ll see, for the record I always expected it to happen, but the longer it goes the more I can see our owner saying no to the deal regardless of any offer due to the timing.

They’ve always been pretty straight forward people when it comes to this, they set a fee and a deadline and stick to them
I still think 80m would be hard to turn down even for your board. I still think it's a matter of when United meet their valuation.

Hughie77

Getting fed up with this transfer now, he's agreed he hasn't, value not met, he wants to move, he doesn't want to move, city still looking at a chance , etc etc.

Bloody hell, the two clubs make there minds up if there doing a deal or or not, there's one person who's in limbo here and it must be pissing him off . That's H , Maguire. Can see this not happening, if he doesn't move to UTD this window, he never will.
Can see him going to City in Jan then for the £60 million they put in or less.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Feeling I get is that we need the money from selling Lukaku in order to move on Maguire.

Last summer we signed Dalot and Fred for roughly £70 million. This summer we have signed James and Wan-Bissaka for roughly £70 million. I suspect this is close enough to the budget the Glazer's are allowing, which backs up claims of a £100 million budget earlier in the summer.

RedDevilUnited369

I am pretty sure Leicester would have already planned a replacement. It's very much clear Leicester are fine selling Maguire or else we would have got a statement from Rodgers or Leicester's board that Maguire is not for sale. Leicester are trying to get maximum out the deal and I can see Leicester end up accepting something less than 80m upfront. I can see this dragging out till the deadline day.
The statement is £80m. Which translates to “you can only have him if we can publicly mug you off”

DoomSlayer

What an utterly wank statement to make. Rodgers is far from finished, and his work so far at Leicester goes to show he's building a good system there.

Some resident fans here seem to hate anything outside of man utd.
So you're a Rodgers fan, even since his time at Liverpool, is that right? And are you really calling our club "man utd"? Talk about wumming.

I can disike any club as much as I want, to be honest. It isn't a crime or against the rules. I believe in United and don't think Leicester can be compared in any way to us. Kill me now for this preposterous act, eh?
Done at this level... that'll be why we finished the season in champions league form last 11 games, rather than relegation form before he came in. He's made a big difference already.

I can't fathom why a club the size and stature of Man Utd have employed Ole, outside looking in I think it will be a huge mistake.
Ole will prove himself to be on a different level to Rodgers, you can bet on that.
it was a valid question I asked as well - you come across as very arrogant in terms of we're United, we can get anyone - almost Woodward-esque

we can't just click our fingers and even if Maguire put in a transfer request Leicester dont have to sell though they might be more inclined

if he's 4 years left the club holds all the power
I believe I answered your question so it is what it is. Leicester can't compete with us on any level, they aren't a top club so your point isn't really valid.

AshRK

The statement is £80m. Which translates to “you can only have him if we can publicly mug you off”
Do you realise every transfer now a days is a mug off. That's what we have come to. Is Maguire worth 80m? Absolutely not. Will he improve our defence? Absolutely yes. I would be very surprised if we pay 80m upfront, it will be 70 + add ons.

RedDevilUnited369

Feeling I get is that we need the money from selling Lukaku in order to move on Maguire.

Last summer we signed Dalot and Fred for roughly £70 million. This summer we have signed James and Wan-Bissaka for roughly £70 million. I suspect this is close enough to the budget the Glazer's are allowing, which backs up claims of a £100 million budget earlier in the summer.
Yet we are being linked with Pepe at £70m, Bruno at £60 - £70m and Longstaff at £30+. All this from selling Lukuka at £75m?

“We can do things in the transfer market other clubs can only dream of”

The £100m budget claim is to stop clubs taking the mickey with prices after our silly Mr Woodward proclaimed that we are cash rich. Which we are...but telling the world is a stupid move considering there is already a UTD tax in place.

AshRK

So you're a Rodgers fan, even since his time at Liverpool, is that right? And are you really calling our club "man utd"? Talk about wumming.

Ole will prove himself to be on a different level to Rodgers, you can bet on that.

I believe I answered your question so it is what it is. Leicester can't compete with us on any level, they aren't a top club so your point isn't really valid.
Sorry but gone are the days where we or for that matter any big team can bully the so called less known english clubs. It's not like in mid 2000s where we go to Leicester and say hey give us Player X because we are Manchester United. EPL is not your La Liga or Bundesliga.

DoomSlayer

The wumming by the Leicester fans on here surely has to start resulting in bans
It's weird when some of our fans jump to defend that behaviour. :lol: But I've learned to entertain myself with it now.
Sorry but gone are the days where we or for that matter any big team can bully the so called less known english clubs. It's not like in mid 2000s where we go to Leicester and say hey give us Player X because we are Manchester United. EPL is not your La Liga or Bundesliga.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man. I think we are in a different stratosphere.

RedDevilUnited369

Do you realise every transfer now a days is a mug off. That's what we have come to. Is Maguire worth 80m? Absolutely not. Will he improve our defence? Absolutely yes. I would be very surprised if we pay 80m upfront, it will be 70 + add ons.
Even Maguire doesn’t think he’s worth £70m, forget the add Ons.

AshRK

Even Maguire doesn’t think he’s worth £70m, forget the add Ons.
It doesn't matter what Maguire or Manchester United think. Leicester have set a price and they have a right to do. Only way they can reduce their demand is if Maguire starts acting up, otherwise I do not blame them for setting 80m value on their star defender.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I can disike any club as much as I want, to be honest. It isn't a crime or against the rules. I believe in United and don't think Leicester can be compared in any way to us. Kill me now for this preposterous act, eh?

I've called our club Man Utd on a forum because it's simply an abbreviation. A supporter's value isn't really measured on frivolous things such as that, but rather the childish nature by which you despise anything to do with rival fans. You don't need to be so insecure, you can accept rival managers doing a great job at their clubs and support your own at the same time.

Learn to be more neutral - Rodgers was obviously a good manager in the premier league, ultimately he fell victim to some bad transfers and key decisions but he was what, 42 at the time? And you have the audacity to claim he was cooked in the Premier League because of that? Bit of a joke to be honest. Especially when you're making the claim off the back of a very good beginning with Leicester.

As for Ole, he has much to prove. Whether we think or know deep down that he's superior to Rodgers or Mourinho or whoever it may be is another matter. I'd save drawing parallels until you have something to go by, rather than beating your chest claiming bizzare things like Rodgers being done in the Premier League :lol:

It's weird when some of our fans jump to defend that behaviour. :lol: But I've learned to entertain myself with it now.

Well, that's just, like, your opinion man. I think we are in a different stratosphere.
You being a supporter of the same club as me doesn't obligate me to defend your silly claims. This is a forum where we debate with supporters of other clubs and try to avoid getting into a dick comparing competition of "your manager is done at this level and Ole is king" sort of arguments.

DoomSlayer

I've called our club Man Utd on a forum because it's simply an abbreviation. A supporter's value isn't really measured on frivolous things such as that, but rather the childish nature by which you despise anything to do with rival fans. Learn to be more neutral - Rodgers was obviously a good manager in the premier league, ultimately he fell victim to some bad transfers and key decisions but he was what, 42 at the time? And you have the audacity to claim he was cooked in the Premier League because of that? Bit of a joke to be honest.

As for Ole, he has much to prove. Whether we think or know deep down that he's superior to Rodgers or Mourinho or whoever it may be is another matter. I'd save drawing parallels until you have something to go by, rather than beating your chest claiming bizzare things like Rodgers being done in the Premier League :lol:

You being a supporter of the same club as me doesn't obligate me to defend your silly claims.
It is what it is. You seem to love engaging with my comments but I have no desire to change my stance because you don't like something. I believe in Ole and I also believe that Rodgers is a pathetic wanker. Your love-in with him and his club is your problem, you are entitled to your own preferences.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Yet we are being linked with Pepe at £70m, Bruno at £60 - £70m and Longstaff at £30+. All this from selling Lukuka at £75m?

“We can do things in the transfer market other clubs can only dream of”

The £100m budget claim is to stop clubs taking the mickey with prices after our silly Mr Woodward proclaimed that we are cash rich. Which we are...but telling the world is a stupid move considering there is already a UTD tax in place.
We've genuinely been linked with over one hundred players this summer so not sure that is any indication of the budget. The Glazer's don't want to spend big money, they want to make top four.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It is what it is. You seem to love engaging with my comments but I have no desire to change my stance because you don't like something. I believe in Ole and I also believe that Rodgers is a pathetic wanker. Your love-in with him and his club is your problem, you are entitled to your own preferences.
You can keep your claim, I've just called bullshit where I see it.

I never said Rodgers is world class, or that he's top level. I'm just refuting the claim that he's done in the Premier League at 46 and just made a strong start with a new club :lol: You have to be seriously childish or blind in hate to claim otherwise.

DoomSlayer

You can keep your claim, I've just called bullshit where I see it.

I never said Rodgers is world class, or that he's top level. I'm just refuting the claim that he's done in the Premier League at 46 and just made a strong start with a new club :lol: You have to be seriously childish or blind in hate to claim otherwise.
To you it's BS, to me it's the truth. Time will tell. And yes, football can be emotional and childish, disliking certain stuff can come from irrational places, I don't hide from that. I find your "houlier than thou" attitude to be very strange in such cases.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To you it's BS, to me it's the truth. Time will tell. And yes, football can be emotional and childish, disliking certain stuff can come from irrational places, I don't hide from that. I find your "houlier than thou" attitude to be very strange in such cases.
OK - jog on.

vanderpants

I see he has started for Leicester again tonight, this isn't happening anymore. Both teams need to plan for the coming season so let's just move on and leave slab head to dream of what could have been :lol::devil:

LoneStar

Sign him up already. Getting tired of this saga.

Read somewhere on twitter that Koulibaly is the backup if we don't sign Maguire :lol:

Fox1884

Supports
Leicester City
Just scored, stick another £10m on the price tag ;)

LuckyScout78

Sorry. Many will disagree. But using 70 -80 £ mill on a cb. To only get top 4 the next 3-4 years to come is waste of money and madness.

Liverpool bought Van Dijk to aim to win premier league is more a good business. They were really close last season. And its just a matter of time. They will win the premier league.

And the odds that United will finish above Liverpool and City in the next 3-4 years are not low. And then Maguire turn 29-30. Van Dijk 31/32 and Salah 30/31. After Van Dijk and Salah on theirs way down period. Then its the time to taking over premier league and aim to win it.
Its when Rashford is on his peak.26-27, about 5-6 years. And then go out and spend money on players uqual or above Rashford level and quality. Like Jadon Sancho. And CB and CM on this level. You never know. Maybe De Ligt want a new challenge. After spending 3-4 years with Juventus.

Again. Think and aim to win premier league about 4-6 years. Save the money for the best quality as possible. Be ahead of City and Liverpool about 4-6 years.

A possible team and line up about 4-6 years time.

Bissaka - De Ligt - Lindelof - Shaw + Sancho - Fernandes - McTom/Longstaff - Martial/James + Chiesa/Greenwood - Rashford

United can get top 4 every season the next 3-4 years, IF you get and buy a top DCM. A player that run alot, aggressive to break down opponents attack and hard working. To shield and make it easier for the backline to defend. And even without Maguire.
A top DCM + United current cb options are good enough to get top 4. If you get the best out of Lindelof, Jones, Smalling, Bailly and Tuanzebe. Those are top 4 cb level and quality.

And beside a top dcm United might need a top RW at this moment. If not Sancho, then you have a hard work, skillful and determination attacking player in Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina, who can play all over the attacking line. He is my best recommendation. And im sure United will not regret if United buy Chiesa. And he does has taken english classes.
And Chiesa is around Rashford age, 21. Buy players that will dominate Europe and world football about 4-6 years.

Its not right time to win premier league the next 1-4 years. Those years will belong to Klopp and Pep. We are Klopp and Liverpool Era. Liverpool been in champion league final the last two season and lost only one match in premier league. Liverpool are on theirs peak period. Its not much United and a potential CB buy Maguire can do with it.
Accept your opponents quality and abilities. Save the money and spend big on players that will be best and dominate about 4-6 years. Mine best recommendations.

And with statement and opinions like this. Im not into discussion and will not reply. Times will answer, about 4-6 years time

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I never got this "joke", what are people mocking about his name with making a parody of it?
Some genuinely think his name is McGuire when a quick look at any transfer headline for the past summer would quickly inform people. One would think anyway. Some others are taking the piss out of it but it’s got boring and stupid now

DoomSlayer

Some genuinely think his name is McGuire when a quick look at any transfer headline for the past summer would quickly inform people. One would think anyway. Some others are taking the piss out of it but it’s got boring and stupid now
Yeah, I agree, it's very tasteless and humourless "banter" anyway.

Alemar

Isn’t “Maguire” a quite common surname in the UK? There is a famous snooker player Stephen Maguire, perhaps there are more

Status
Not open for further replies.