Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcy

Play Axel more and use the remaining money to buy an actual quality DMC to provide cover for the defence and buy a better LB than Shaw. there are other ways to improve our overall defensive capabilities as a team. 2 quality FB's, a quality DMC, quality GK and 2 good CB's is a good defence
Axel isn't going to be capable of playing a full year at a top 4 consistent level. Which means we end up with at some point Smalling/Jones in defense, or maybe worse Axel/Jones.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm sure our billionaire owner will cry tears of sadness at the though
It's like every Leicester fan joining the forum are trained somewhere, everyone comes up with 'our billionaire owner" thing. :lol:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Regardless of getting Maguire now, I'm really looking forward to slapping Leicester when we meet them in the league.

Jimmy_Bond

And the last time you won the league and got into the champions league quarters was? You are going backwards, consistently so very sure that the status quo will stay just that. Much more mismanagement from the top of your club and I think that tune will be changing.

And we can then rinse you for another £90m each and go off and invest in players we've scouted, rather than just looking at who is making the papers and deciding you just have to have them.

Irony overload... I think perhaps you should go back and analyse my first post and then yours and see who is spouting nonsense and who has the attitude. Since then, I've just replied in kind to your condescending posts.

I'm sure our billionaire owner will cry tears of sadness at the thought.
Got to the CL Quarter Final last season. Finished outside the top 6 once in the last 30 odd years (finished 7th). Had worst 6 years in generations yet still finished in CL places 4 out of 6 times and won the League Cup, FA Cup and Europa League.

Your title victory was amazing, but an absolute flash in the pan and will never be repeated. Leicester will probably be relegated within the next 10 years, as it is one of those clubs who are always prone to having one disastrous season. Within that period United will almost definitely win a trophy or two, and if they sort themselves out, probably a title.

Really not sure what points you are trying to make, but if you are seriously suggesting that Leicester are rivals to United or in danger of becoming a more attractive proposition for players, I'll PM you my address and I kindly ask that you send me some of whatever you're smoking.

WPMUFC

we're gonna sign Dybala out of nowhere before we can agree a deal with feckin Leicester.
swap deal has greased the wheel to get dybala. Maguire is another kettle of fish because they don't have to sell and Maguire aint chucking his toys out the pram.

I think we will get Dybala and Maguire, but i just cannot see Maguire failing to happen. Especially with Bailly now out for 4-5 months. Also, Dybala is just a happy accident after Inter pissed around, Maguire is a core Ole target.

RkkMan

Anyone else thinks we have dropped him and instead decided to go all full mental attack to get Dybala and Fernandes, and at the same time promote Axel to be a first team regular?
Nope it's just you

Stacks

United have been crying out for a solid experienced CB since Rio and Vidic left, and you think the answer is to just play Axel more? I’m sorry I couldn’t disagree more. Every great team needs a solid spine and CB is one of those positions where we lack a leader.

I fully agree we need a great CDM, but that doesn’t have to be at the expense of a great CB we can afford both...
I don't see Maguire as a "great CB" and certainly not near the levels of Rio or Vidic firstly.

We do lack a leader at CB, but if we are going for top 4 next season and not the title, we can get there with a great leader at DMC to provide cover for our defence and receive passes, as well as a better left back. You don't need great CB's to get top four. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have made it there in the past with just decent CB's. then once we make top 4 (which we deffo will with the other signings), we sign a CB and challenge for the title. This is the Liverpool blue print

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
It's like every Leicester fan joining the forum are trained somewhere, everyone comes up with 'our billionaire owner" thing. :lol:
Probably because your fans keep acting like we are a team without that backing, who should be grateful that you're throwing some money our way.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And the last time you won the league and got into the champions league quarters was? You are going backwards, consistently so very sure that the status quo will stay just that. Much more mismanagement from the top of your club and I think that tune will be changing.

And we can then rinse you for another £90m each and go off and invest in players we've scouted, rather than just looking at who is making the papers and deciding you just have to have them.

Irony overload... I think perhaps you should go back and analyse my first post and then yours and see who is spouting nonsense and who has the attitude. Since then, I've just replied in kind to your condescending posts.

Where do you get off coming onto a united forum and being so arrogant?
We had a disaster of a season and still finished miles above you last season.
I think you genuinely believe you'll be a force next season despite relying on a 31 year old sprinter and basically signing an average Newcastle miscellaneous forward.

Bizarre. If this arrogance came when you won the league maybe, but youve dropped miles off that now.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Got to the CL Quarter Final last season. Finished outside the top 6 once in the last 30 odd years (finished 7th). Had worst 6 years in generations yet still finished in CL places 4 out of 6 times and won the League Cup, FA Cup and Europa League.

Your title victory was amazing, but an absolute flash in the pan and will never be repeated. Leicester will probably be relegated within the next 10 years, as it is one of those clubs who are always prone to having one disastrous season. Within that period United will almost definitely win a trophy or two, and if they sort themselves out, probably a title.

Really not sure what points you are trying to make, but if you are seriously suggesting that Leicester are rivals to United or in danger of becoming a more attractive proposition for players, I'll PM you my address and I kindly ask that you send me some of whatever you're smoking.
Yes that's what I've said... or like every other post you've made, you've read something, wildly misunderstood, added your own warped spin onto it and then posted some attempted put down whilst making yourself look a bit silly because you're arguing something that wasn't even there.

Hey @Sandikan I'll put this here because I'm out of posts... the arrogance was in response your your fellow fan being an arrogant, condescending jeb end. I replied in kind, all of my other posts to everyone else were fairly well restrained. But if someone wants to dish it out, then I'll give it back. Apologies if non jeb ends get caught in the way of that and take offence. But I'm just Jimmy a taste of his own.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Ah man I remember the Leicester title with rose tinted glasses as a romantic story of a plucky little outsider taking on all comers and achieving the impossible against all odds in front of their wonderful fans.

You've just ruined the last bit of that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Probably because your fans keep acting like we are a team without that backing, who should be grateful that you're throwing some money our way.
Most of the owners in PL are billionaires.

Jcrossley94

I don't see Maguire as a "great CB" and certainly not near the levels of Rio or Vidic firstly.

We do lack a leader at CB, but if we are going for top 4 next season and not the title, we can get there with a great leader at DMC to provide cover for our defence and receive passes, as well as a better left back. You don't need great CB's to get top four. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have made it there in the past with just decent CB's. then once we make top 4 (which we deffo will with the other signings), we sign a CB and challenge for the title. This is the Liverpool blue print
You don’t see him as a great CB ... but many people do. I don’t quite get your point, it’s almost like you’re suggesting we can either sign a CDM OR a CB... it isn’t a choice between those two things, you can sign both? Why can’t we sign maguire, and a CDM? I don’t understand where you’ve created this false dichotomy from?

Quinzaine

Not according to the Leicester fans on here. They have been adamant since day one that they will get the fee being touted in the media what they want (£80M) and not a penny or two under.
That's the thing though, I've seen some reports saying they want 90m pounds. If that's what was being demanded and we close the deal, then I'm sure we'll be able to get him for (at least) 10m less.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes that's what I've said... or like every other post you've made, you've read something, wildly misunderstood, added your own warped spin onto it and then posted some attempted put down whilst making yourself look a bit silly because you're arguing something that wasn't even there.

Hey @Sandikan I'll put this here because I'm out of posts... the arrogance was in response your your fellow fan being an arrogant, condescending jeb end. I replied in kind, all of my other posts to everyone else were fairly well restrained. But if someone wants to dish it out, then I'll give it back. Apologies if non jeb ends get caught in the way of that and take offence. But I'm just Jimmy a taste of his own.

Now that sounds a lot more reasonable, so ta for that.
We have to apologise for our arrogant types as any reasonable United fan knows we have some way to go to get near past glories!!

And i can imagine it's annoying being in the middle of aclassic drawn out united saga. If we had signed maguire for say 80m in june everyone would quickly have moved on

Pughnichi

These summer long transfer saga’s offer no excitement. If/when Maguire does sign I find myself that bored of the daily updates I just focus on the who’s next.

Yeah it’s nice to see a new signing in our shirt and watch a few interviews but the length of these discussions just destroy any excitement.

UpWithRivers

I dont get how hard making an offer is. I get some bargaining and time is needed but at some stage we have to say right 80 mill is our top offer but we have to move on if you dont accept so you have till X date to accept. Tell Maguires agent as well.
Then if they dont accept we moved on to plan B. The date should have been last Thursday and we should have got Alderweireld for 25.

M Bison

Supports
York City
These summer long transfer saga’s offer no excitement. If/when Maguire does sign I find myself that bored of the daily updates I just focus on the who’s next.

Yeah it’s nice to see a new signing in our shirt and watch a few interviews but the length of these discussions just destroy any excitement.
Its a choice to read the forums mate!!!

M Bison

Supports
York City
I dont get how hard making an offer is. I get some bargaining and time is needed but at some stage we have to say right 80 mill is our top offer but we have to move on if you dont accept so you have till X date to accept. Tell Maguires agent as well.
Then if they dont accept we moved on to plan B. The date should have been last Thursday and we should have got Alderweireld for 25.
Bit like old Champ Man "Maguire is keen on the move..." :lol::lol:

Stacks

You don’t see him as a great CB ... but many people do. I don’t quite get your point, it’s almost like you’re suggesting we can either sign a CDM OR a CB... it isn’t a choice between those two things, you can sign both? Why can’t we sign maguire, and a CDM? I don’t understand where you’ve created this false dichotomy from?
1) we don't have unlimited funds
2) we have already spent 65 mill and Maguire takes this to 150m
3) we need an attacking midfielder like Bruno which will be 50 mill plus
4) we also need to replace Lukaku.
5) are we able/likely to spend 270mill?

MrSingh2002

Axel isn't going to be capable of playing a full year at a top 4 consistent level. Which means we end up with at some point Smalling/Jones in defense, or maybe worse Axel/Jones.
We won't know unless we try him. He's filled out physically and had first team football. Now's the time to try him plus he's done well during pre season.

DoomSlayer

Where do you get off coming onto a united forum and being so arrogant?
We had a disaster of a season and still finished miles above you last season.
I think you genuinely believe you'll be a force next season despite relying on a 31 year old sprinter and basically signing an average Newcastle miscellaneous forward.

Bizarre. If this arrogance came when you won the league maybe, but youve dropped miles off that now.
Mate, I hope now you realise why I was getting wound up by these sort of post by the Leicester fans in here. :D Their dismissiveness of our club used to be a lot more sly but it's really out there right now.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Honestly some of these Leicester fans need banning, they're just here to take the piss.
I ventured over to their forum this morning to see what they thought about Maguire and everything I read was about Manchester United and Red Cafe in particular.

Obsessed.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Anyone else thinks we have dropped him and instead decided to go all full mental attack to get Dybala and Fernandes, and at the same time promote Axel to be a first team regular?
I'd rather that than overpay

I ventured over to their forum this morning to see what they thought about Maguire and everything I read was about Manchester United and Red Cafe in particular.

Obsessed.
1 fluke PL title and they loose their minds.

Inigo Montoya

Obsessed.
Why wouldn't they be? Have you been to Leicester? Trump would find exactly the words to describe it!

Inigo Montoya

I can't imagine a billionaire crying...

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
If your 'billionaire' owners were so ambitious, they would tell us to feck off and simply say the player is not for sale instead of quoting a sum for which the said player could be sold :lol:

Fact of the matter is, the player is dispensable for the club and owners. That's why there is a selling price, the submitted offer of £70m was more than a fair one but given our desperation for a CB they want to squeeze every last penny. Shrewd way to run a business? Sure. Ambitious? Heck no.

Nico87

Obsessed.
I did the same, The best one one was from of them who joined here who has written an article Why Leicester City Have A Moral Duty To Keep Harry Maguire. He also keeps going on about how they have a moral duty to beats us next time we play, I don’t know wether he’s an actual Leicester fan or a RAWK member on vacation.

Will Singh

This is the kind of post I hate. None of us know what's really going down so why does Ed have to take all the blame? There are so many factors and moving parts to transfer deals.
I’m still waiting on the urgent business Moyes said Ed was meant to be doing, The day Ed told the whole world he can do things in this transfer market others can only dream of was the day he was caught with his pants down. So I’m blaming Ed the rugby man.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mate, I hope now you realise why I was getting wound up by these sort of post by the Leicester fans in here. :D Their dismissiveness of our club used to be a lot more sly but it's really out there right now.
It was the other passionate posts i first noticed.
I read this guy's defence though and it's fair enough to the guy he was dealing with.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’m still waiting on the urgent business Moyes said Ed was meant to be doing, The day Ed told the whole world he can do things in this transfer market others can only dream of was the day he was caught with his pants down. So I’m blaming Ed the rugby man.
Why are you clinging onto things that happened 5+ years ago? We are in a different time. Move on.

Pughnichi

Its a choice to read the forums mate!!!
Ha. Indeed it is. And I read this forum amongst other outlets to appease the off season. But the constant on/off which can’t be missed, is mind numbing.

Oh look Arsenal only have 50m to spend. Oh look Arsenal look to be signing Pepe for 72m...in the main it’s nonsense.

Crustanoid

Why are you clinging onto things that happened 5+ years ago? We are in a different time. Move on.
Because Ed is massive idiot who has done similar continuously? He has only actually signed two players at this point. The rest may well be false dawns-which is exactly Ed’s style.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Because Ed is massive idiot who has done similar continuously? He has only actually signed two players at this point. The rest may well be false dawns-which is exactly Ed’s style.
Depends what you believe really. If you believe a massive club like Man Utd is a one man show then you're extremely naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.