Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
This is laughable, you are saying this is a bad deal for us, basing this on more bs press speculation to make yourself feel better over the price you paid.

As for replacing with an inferior player, more deluded Billy big bollox mentality, apart from a few duds I think our transfer dealings, quality,policy and vfm/roi are pretty spot on, how's Ed doing?
I couldn't give more shit about the price we paid. I wanted to get the player, not money for our owners. :lol:

A immediately inferior player isn't the same as a permanently inferior player. I'm sure you'll sign someone you believe to have the potential to become as good or better.

You should try to ease up a bit, that sort of annoyance with that level of assumption on a post made to hopefully cheer up another poster is a bit much. Even for a Kyuubi.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If he was actually in the slightest bit precious about the nickname Slab Head, I'd say it's safe to say we signed the wrong centre back.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I couldn't give more shit about the price we paid. I wanted to get the player, not money for our owners. :lol:

A immediately inferior player isn't the same as a permanently inferior player. I'm sure you'll sign someone you believe to have the potential to become as good or better.

You should try to ease up a bit, that sort of annoyance with that level of assumption on a post made to hopefully cheer up another poster is a bit much. Even for a Kyuubi.
Trouble is we are not in a position to go for yet another unknown quantity. It is of our making, but that is where we are.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is laughable, you are saying this is a bad deal for us, basing this on more bs press speculation to make yourself feel better over the price you paid.

As for replacing with an inferior player, more deluded Billy big bollox mentality, apart from a few duds I think our transfer dealings, quality,policy and vfm/roi are pretty spot on, how's Ed doing?
:houllier:

BlabyFox

Supports
Leicester
Just because you want to feel better about it doesn't mean it is correct.

BBC had this as their sports headline - it won't get any more official than this
Harry Maguire: Man Utd agree £80m deal for Leicester defender
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48989647

Also, you need to calm down. United were terrible last season and Leicester with Vardy lost home and away to United. No amount of :lol: is going to change that. No need to feel so bitter and triggered all the time.

Also, almost every United fan here has seen a lot more of Evans than you lot. Evans is a great guy and both him and his wife and lifetime United fans and obviously people are happy to see him do well at a smaller club. He would have had a much better career with stronger mentality.
It won't get any more official than BBC, ok if that makes you feel better.
I was complimentary over Harry, great bloke and a very good footballer, the points being made over and over by lots of our fans, who like me watch us week in week out, Jonny Evans was much the better defensively last season. What he did for you is irrelevant to the here and now surely?
For Harrys sake I hope he does hit the ground running because based on just some of the ludicrous comments on here, criticism, the weight of expectation, scrutiny, entitlement and lack of patience can mess with players heads I'm sure.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I do wonder if Maguire sees the humor in this though. I mean there is a difference to the occasional jokes among him and his teammates or friends about the size of his head maybe, but this slabhead thing has now been blown up by the United fans on social media. It's soon to be his nickname worldwide.

There is a difference :lol:

Bamboozler

He's a great signing. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise? Solid, strong and dangerous in the box. He's a Steve Bruce Gary Pallister hybrid.... perhaps with the speed to match sadly ;o)

Suv666

Exicted about this one. Have a feeling he'd be immense for us. Future captain.

Castia

Gonna be a great signing

He’ll be a fan favourite in a few months.

GioF

He's a great signing. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise? Solid, strong and dangerous in the box. He's a Steve Bruce Gary Pallister hybrid.... perhaps with the speed to match sadly ;o)
Pallister was rapid to be fair. He just looked like he’d been on an all night bender even before the game started.

Never seen a player look so tired before kickoff yet 90 mins in he would still be dominating. Such an underrated player in my opinion.

davidmichael

Automatic captain?
I’d be happy with Maguire as our captain as he has all the qualities needed in a captain whilst there also being no standout candidate for the role, I do NOT want to see Ashley Young on the pitch for us and he’s our ‘club captain’ this upcoming season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Terry was protected by the LB - Cole and Azpi later. He was slow too. I think on whichever side of the defence he is going to play, the full back on that side needs to cover for his lack of pace.

Shaw has a tendency to not recover very often. Lindelof was left exposed too many times last year. If Maguire plays the LCB role, I would be worried.

SuperiorXI

An excellent acquisition. He will really improve us at the back. Have to say we've done really well with our defensive investments this transfer window.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's a leader, he's a future Manchester United captain," he said. "Anyone who's interviewed him, or spent any time around him, knows he's a good character. I think it's a great buy.

"We're always debating good characters, especially around the [Gareth] Southgate ethos. He steps into midfield from defence, but he also contributes goals.

He's such a bubbly character. You come out of an interview with him thinking this is a really nice kid, England are in good hands.

"People have discussed why it took so long, but Leicester have played hardball. This is the new reality of the Premier League; you've got in inverted commas a 'mid-table' club like Leicester, with the financial resources from broadcast and wealthy owners, and they don't want to be pushed around.

"Manchester United would have liked him about three weeks ago, but it's a fantastic signing. He'll bring a smile back to that dressing room, because he's such an engaging character."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-captain-henry-winter-tells-sunday-supplement

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Anyone else feel sorry for Slabhead that people call him Slabhead? His head isn't even that big. Poor chap.
I got called Chinny when I was a kid. Everyone had an insulting nickname. Except Big Cock Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.