Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger

Ballist1x

I think people get a bit confused when it comes to this.

I personally feel that Maguire has a slow acceleration speed, but his top speed is fast.
Well he's slower than Matic at sprint speed so...How is he fast?

fps

I think it's more mind games then respect. He tries to create a false sense of security in the opposition.
It's purer than that; he understands that football is a sport and nothing more important than that, he can do nothing about what his opponents do, only what his team can do, ultimately talking down his opponents will do nothing for him, he's very happy with his own squad, and he is so feted and celebrated that he doesn't have the insecurity to make negative comments about others any more.

meamth

Pep has always been overly respectful to opponents, I remember him calling Welbeck one of the best in the world when we were facing his Bayern side.
During that time everyone thought Welbeck will be a United legend...:lol:

Maybe the caf's assessments are spot on about players. My bad.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Well he's slower than Matic at sprint speed so...How is he fast?
Where did you get your information from?

I haven’t looked at any statistics myself, but to my eye Maguire has a good top speed (not acceleration).

I would be very surprised if Matic was quicker.

MUFC OK

I just want to say that I hope Lewis Dunk costs Leicester £45m, with Brighton refusing to budge on the price, I am petty like that.

MadMike

I just want to say that I hope Lewis Dunk costs Leicester £45m, with Brighton refusing to budge on the price, I am petty like that.
That only means that the next time we try to buy a CB we'll have to pay 3 times that.

StrettyEnder07

Welcome big Arry! Buzzing we have sorted the defence just need to sort this midfield, one top signing and not been to bad a window.

RW would have been nice but Shaw Lindelof Maguire AWB with DDG and either McT or a new DMC will be a hell of a lot better than last year, much more stability.

Gomes, Greenwood, Tuanzebe to have breakthrough seasons. Hopefully a few are gone by the time the 1st Sept arrives with one big signing before Thursday.

MUFC OK

That only means that the next time we try to buy a CB we'll have to pay 3 times that.
Well if we have paid £80m and Leicester get an adequate replacement for £20m (dunks value), then the only mugs are us. I hope they are forced to pay well over the odds.

Trophy Room

With all the doom and gloom on other threads, I'm so glad we've signed this lad. My number one option for a defender. Our team is a work in progress and in my opinion we are better than last season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With all the doom and gloom on other threads, I'm so glad we've signed this lad. My number one option for a defender. Our team is a work in progress and in my opinion we are better than last season.
Yep, hope he has a solid start to shut the doubters up. Probably not the best idea to chuck him in against Chelsea straight away, but I guess he's got a week of training ahead to get used to how the team wants to play.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah can't wait to see him. A world of difference to what we previously had, even if he isn't world class it'll be a massive step up for us, both on and off the ball.

Can also swap out Sanchez in Ole's chant:smirk:

Trophy Room

Yep, hope he has a solid start to shut the doubters up. Probably not the best idea to chuck him in against Chelsea straight away, but I guess he's got a week of training ahead to get used to how the team wants to play.
It'll be interesting to see who partners him on the right. Lindelof seems the obvious choice but I would stick Axel in. While inexperienced, I love his calmness and ability on the ball once recovered. Both leaders too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It'll be interesting to see who partners him on the right. Lindelof seems the obvious choice but I would stick Axel in. While inexperienced, I love his calmness and ability on the ball once recovered. Both leaders too.
I'm thinking Lindelof just for the experience and hoping his game against AC was just an off day, but I do think Tuanzebe will be taking his place very soon.

I feel he has world class potential. He reminds me of Rio so much actually!

IrishRedDevil

Inject it into my veins :drool:

4 days left lads, get the finger out.

#lcfc priced out of Nathan Ake transfer - #Bournemouth want more than £75m, I’m told. 2 years younger than Maguire, 10 Dutch caps, 3 yrs left on contract -hence high price. Tarkowski would be £40m+ so Leic reluctant to pay that too. Looking abroad, but may not sign anyone new.

Last edited:

MadMike

Well if we have paid £80m and Leicester get an adequate replacement for £20m (dunks value), then the only mugs are us. I hope they are forced to pay well over the odds.
Wut? As if it hasn't always been the case that small-to-medium strength EPL clubs sell their brightest stars to top tier clubs for many times the cost they paid or even their objective value. It's not anything new.

Hoping that players traded between those smaller clubs cost ~50m will only mean drastically increasing the cost for transfers to top tier clubs. I don't know how this plays out it your head, but there's no scenario where we benefit from players like Dunk costing ~50m. On the contrary. There's not even a moral victory in it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah can't wait to see him. A world of difference to what we previously had, even if he isn't world class it'll be a massive step up for us, both on and off the ball.

Can also swap out Sanchez in Ole's chant:smirk:
Yeah, can't wait to see him play for us. Very good in bringing the ball out of defense, can push forward to midfield positions when in possession and also threat from set pieces.

JB7

Well they've been quoted £75m for Ake so hows that for starters :lol:

MUFC OK

Wut? As if it hasn't always been the case that small-to-medium strength EPL clubs sell their brightest stars to top tier clubs for many times the cost they paid or even their objective value. It's not anything new.

Hoping that players traded between those smaller clubs cost ~50m will only mean drastically increasing the cost for transfers to top tier clubs. I don't know how this plays out it your head, but there's no scenario where we benefit from players like Dunk costing ~50m. On the contrary. There's not even a moral victory in it.
It's a very simple concept that we paid over the odds for Maguire, Leicester now have a huge pot of gold and need a replacement, why wouldn't Brighton charge an inflated fee? And why can't your reasoning be transferred to small PL clubs selling to medium clubs, especially when they have the means?

StrettyEnder07

20M haha you think this is the early 2000s!

No way are Brighton selling arguably their best CB 3 days before the window shuts for 20M.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fancy a ball playing CB Leicester? Rojo is your man, for the bargain price of 25m. Worried about his heading? Well say no more, we’ll throw in aerial colossus Smalling to combat that, for a modest, combined fee of £50m.

MUFC OK

20M haha you think this is the early 2000s!

No way are Brighton selling arguably their best CB 3 days before the window shuts for 20M.
Rio Ferdinand was £30m in 2003? So if the consensus is that £20m is well below and £45m is well above, we can all agree that his actualy value is what, £30m?

sokol11

Rio Ferdinand was £30m in 2003? So if the consensus is that £20m is well below and £45m is well above, we can all agree that his actualy value is what, £30m?
Actual value of anything is what the buyer is prepared to pay nothing more nothing less. :)

StrettyEnder07

Be amazed if Brighton took anything under 40M for him, hardly any time to sign a replacement unless that Webster is one already.

Issue is Premier League clubs don't need the money nowadays not like it was in 2003 when you could go and just buy other clubs best players for decent prices, now teams get that much from all sorts of avenues that there is no pressure to sell so they can demand whatenver.

Villa have just come up and spent 150M quid which says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.