Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Not deadwood, but we could possibly offer Tuanzebe on a year long loan as a sweetener. They could afford him and it would help his development for us. Just don’t charge them a loan fee, but they still pay his wages.
Would they want him though? I don't see why they'd want to develop one of our players for the sake of it? Leicester are a top 7-8 club, so they don't need players like loan like the bottom 5 to stay up. They'd rather develop/buy their own.

nainaisson

If Ole gets his squad right the approach next season will be to build the play from the back and play a speedful passing game. Maguire is great with the ball and fits that mold exactly. I think that Lindelöf will surprise a lot of people. In my opinion I just don't think Smalling is good enough for our back 4, but maybe my assumptions are incorrect
No, your assumptions are correct. Don't doubt yourself.

Enigma_87

You know who
Quite funny Woodward to approve 70m bid this Summer, considering last one he didn't want to bid 60m for him.

It's not like he raised his level to unbelievable heights this past season.

George The Best

Would they want him though? I don't see why they'd want to develop one of our players for the sake of it? Leicester are a top 7-8 club, so they don't need players like loan like the bottom 5 to stay up. They'd rather develop/buy their own.
Maybe, but Tuanzebe is a quick fix for them and allows them time to develop their own, or wait to find their next buy. Losing Maguire is a big problem for Leicester, hence their valuation.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's simple. Tuanzebe is worth a 2% increase on their Agreement stat during negotiations. Jones and Smalling are also worth another 2% each. Throw in Fellaini after using the editor to bring him back on a free and that 8% will be enough to trick the AI into selling him to us for £40M. And then we just use the editor again to boost his morale and fitness to maximum.

Skills

Snitch
Maybe, but Tuanzebe is a quick fix for them and allows them time to develop their own, or wait to find their next buy. Losing Maguire is a big problem for Leicester, hence their valuation.
Tuanzabe has played a grand total of 300 minutes in the Premier League. He's far from a quick fix. The guy was playing in the Championship last season.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Quite funny Woodward to approve 70m bid this Summer, considering last one he didn't want to bid 60m for him.

Just wait until Alderweireld's clause ends this month and we buy him next month for an extra £20M. Our Ed knows how to do the deals.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Mourinho "get me Maguire you incompetent bastard"

Ole "please sir, can I have Harry?"

LuckyScout78

Like i have said in other threads. Its Liverpool and Klopp era and time. United will not win the premier league in the next two season or maybe more. Sad but true. It will not be easy for Ole and United to win premier league in the years to come. Just Look at Liverpool back line.

Allison + T.Arnold - Matip - Van Dijk - Robertson.

They are as good as United 90’s back line or better with Rio and Vidic.

Liverpool are gonna into a winning period, a golden generation. And you spend 70 mill £ on a second rate cb in the world, only to get top 4, highest as second place. Im sure its not worth it. You can get into top 4 with a really good cb for around 50 £ mill.
The key to future success is to get a top dcm/cm like Kante. Who will shield, protect the backline and will make it easier for the defend to defend. Look at what happened to Leicester after he left them, close to relegate.
Again, aim for top 3/4 each season. Patience when your opponents and enemies get weakened. Then its time to spend big on the right player.

For a really good quality CB with a much lower price tag. Go for the same club. Its Leicester. They just bought a quality CB from Kroatia. Loan out for Celtic. No CB in premier is tackling as good as him. He became 22 soon. Be patience with him and about 2-3 years in the premier league. Get use to the pace and toughness of premier league. He can be a dominate and solid CB. He is good and composure with the ball. And he is as tall as Maguire. 194 cm height.

Transfermarkt value him 11 mill euro. And here are reason why Leicester bought him.

United and Ole buy Maguire for over 70 £ mill. Leicester replace Maguire with Benkovic. And about 2-4. When the boy turn 25-26. United come and get him for another 70 mill £?When United can get him for around 30 mill £ summer 2019. Instead over 70 mill £ in 2023.

He does has the British toughness and braveness. His good timing tackling and physical are made for premier, has brought him to Leicester and premier league. Can be a new Van Dijk in the future. Kroatias Van Dijk.

Im satisfy with United CB options withthis boy and Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Jones and Tuanzebe.
I end it like the beginning. Win the battle in the midfield. Find and buy a player like Kante. Success will come. Like Sir Alex has said. If you win the battle in the middle of the park. Its a big big chance you will win the match.
Even with Maguire, but no Kante and still same midfield. I can promise United will find another CB after Maguire, but like Mourinho. United still think CB is the main problem. But the truth is no Kante and a hard working Herrera after PSG last match, United start to lost matches. A top quality dcm is the key. United need a top quality hard work running legs in the central midfield. United defend problem will not be solve until the day United have found this kind of player.

Spend big on this kind of player, then you start adding and build with other quality players in others positions. One of the biggest factor to a successful team. City had Fernandinho, then you see reason why Pep has success with City.

George The Best

Tuanzabe has played a grand total of 300 minutes in the Premier League. He's far from a quick fix. The guy was playing in the Championship last season.
Agreed, but many on here, me included, really rate him. Aston Villa seem to want him back as they think he can do a job for them at this level. Leicester would be a step up for him in his development.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Like i have said in other threads. Its Liverpool and Klopp era and time. United will not win the premier league in the next two season or maybe more. Sad but true. It will not be easy for Ole and United to win premier league in the years to come. Just Look at Liverpool back line.

Allison + T.Arnold - Matip - Van Dijk - Robertson.

They are as good as United 90’s back line or better with Rio and Vidic.

Liverpool are gonna into a winning period, a golden generation. And you spend 70 mill £ on a second rate cb in the world, only to get top 4, highest as second place. Im sure its not worth it. You can get into top 4 with a really good cb for around 50 £ mill.
The key to future success is to get a top dcm/cm like Kante. Who will shield, protect the backline and will make it easier for the defend to defend. Look at what happened to Leicester after he left them, close to relegate.
Again, aim for top 3/4 each season. Patience when your opponents and enemies get weakened. Then its time to spend big on the right player.

For a really good quality CB with a much lower price tag. Go for the same club. Its Leicester. They just bought a quality CB from Kroatia. Loan out for Celtic. No CB in premier is tackling as good as him. He became 22 soon. Be patience with him and about 2-3 years in the premier league. Get use to the pace and toughness of premier league. He can be a dominate and solid CB. He is good and composure with the ball. And he is as tall as Maguire. 194 cm height.

Transfermarkt value him 11 mill euro. And here are reason why Leicester bought him.

United and Ole buy Maguire for over 70 £ mill. Leicester replace Maguire with Benkovic. And about 2-4. When the boy turn 25-26. United come and get him for another 70 mill £?When United can get him for around 30 mill £ summer 2019. Instead over 70 mill £ in 2023.

He does has the British toughness and braveness. His good timing tackling and physical are made for premier, has brought him to Leicester and premier league. Can be a new Van Dijk in the future. Kroatias Van Dijk.

Im satisfy with United CB options withthis boy and Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Jones and Tuanzebe.
I end it like the beginning. Win the battle in the midfield. Find and buy a player like Kante. Success will come. Like Sir Alex has said. If you win the battle in the middle of the park. Its a big big chance you will win the match.
Even with Maguire, but no Kante and still same midfield. I can promise United will find another CB after Maguire, but like Mourinho. United still think CB is the main problem. But the truth is no Kante and a hard working Herrera after PSG last match, United start to lost matches. A top quality dcm is the key. United need a top quality hard work running legs in the central midfield. United defend problem will not be solve until the day United have found this kind of player.

Spend big on this kind of player, then you start adding and build with other quality players in others positions. One of the biggest factor to a successful team. City had Fernandinho, then you see reason why Pep has success with City.
See the bolded bit? That's the bit where everyone stopped reading in the other thread you posted this in as well.

fps

It would be an overpayment, but United would be a much better team with him in there than without, and he's available and Premier League ready, with lots of ability and humility. I'd be more than satisfied with him in there at season's start, add two of these young hungry aggressive centre mids being talked about and United have a serious squad again.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

We are the stupidest and the worst run club in the world by far. £70m (€80 m) for Harry feckin Maguire. Most expensive defender ever. You have to laugh really :lol: I'm sure directors at other clubs continously laugh to our idiots in charge too. We deserve everything we get with this kind of stupidity.

George The Best

We are the stupidest and the worst run club in the world by far. £70m (€80 m) for Harry feckin Maguire. Most expensive defender ever. You have to laugh really :lol: I'm sure directors at other clubs continously laugh to our idiots in charge too. We deserve everything we get with this kind of stupidity.
Really?

Gopher Brown

Good grief.

He’s quite good y’know.

This thread is the one for you http://www.redcafe.net/threads/unit...-spoiled-and-overly-entitled-fan-base.448603/

Le Red

See the bolded bit? That's the bit where everyone stopped reading in the other thread you posted this in as well.
He might have some good points but I don't think he remembers clearly how good that defense was. Up there with the best classical Italian defensive lineups.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If he doesn't sign him, there's again going to be toxic chaos in our fanbase.

If I was Woodward, I'd probably do it just to avoid the aggro. Then publicly announce, that we've fully backed the manager this summer (bought him the players he wants irrespective of the cost if they were available) & due to the amount we've had to spend we'll probably spend less in the next season(s).

Wash your hands of the problem, so when it inevitably does go tits up next season we clearly know who's accountable.
Only 15% or thereabouts of our turnover.

But still i dont think we should pay 90 million for him. 65 to 70 million with bonuses perhaps.

Skills

Snitch
Only 15% or thereabouts of our turnover.

But still i dont think we should pay 90 million for him. 65 to 70 million with bonuses perhaps.
Salary will be the killer too. A player you've just deemed worth £90m player is not going to be earning anything less than £200k a week, and will probably be among the top 5 earners at the club.

predator

Youth NITK
£70 million now gets you a premier league player who would've cost £35 million 10 years ago. The inflation in football hasn't followed suit with real time inflation annoyingly for various reasons. 70 million is simply not that big a fee for the richest clubs in england nowadays. Unless something drastic happens ie fifa capping wages, fees etc then the value of players will keep increasing more so than real inflation.

Maguire isn't my favourite cb in the game or even the league but there isn't really much else out there and as many others have mentioned, he is pl 'proven' which is a massive bonus given some players difficulties settling for a pl club.

At the end of the day, it isn't my money and we desperately need signings to freshen up the squad which looked absolutely hopeless towards the end of last season.

George The Best

But still i dont think we should pay 90 million for him. 65 to 70 million with bonuses perhaps.[/QUOTE]

£75m plus a friendly in Thailand next season. Either that or a loan deal/player swap. Foxes are waiting to see if City react to the bid. If they don’t then I think we’ll get him.

Gopher Brown

£70 million now gets you a premier league player who would've cost £35 million 10 years ago. The inflation in football hasn't followed suit with real time inflation annoyingly for various reasons. 70 million is simply not that big a fee for the richest clubs in england nowadays. Unless something drastic happens ie fifa capping wages, fees etc then the value of players will keep increasing more so than real inflation.

Maguire isn't my favourite cb in the game or even the league but there isn't really much else out there and as many others have mentioned, he is pl 'proven' which is a massive bonus given some players difficulties settling for a pl club.

At the end of the day, it isn't my money and we desperately need signings to freshen up the squad which looked absolutely hopeless towards the end of last season.
It has stayed consistent with club’s incomes though. Which would make sense as ‘poorer’ clubs don’t need to sell.

£1m still buys the same number of baked beans for the canteen as 10 years ago, it just buys less of a player.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It has stayed consistent with club’s incomes though. Which would make sense as ‘poorer’ clubs don’t need to sell.

£1m still buys the same number of baked beans for the canteen as 10 years ago, it just buys less of a player.
This. I said this would happen years ago. More money for the bigger clubs just meant the prices for players would go up.

If only Everton were interested in Maguire, they would probably get him for 45 million. Same player.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Aside from heading and running with the ball, he seems thoroughly average to me. And while it's nice to have someone comfortable with the ball, I'd much rather someone who can pass than run.

That said, can't blame Ole for trying to follow Sir Alex's lead and build a young, British spine. Let's see how it goes.

MrQuentin

I'm a fan of ol'slabhead's but £70m is an incredible price to pay. If Leicester really want £90m then it really is a sign the world has gone mad.

Ignoring the "would he even want to come" issue (a fair question) and taking pricing with a healthy pinch of salt, if reports are to be believed for £90m we could get:

Toby - £25m
Andersen - £25m
Ben Yedder - £40m

Getting two new CB's would mean we'd be free to sell Jones and Rojo, likely pulling in enough funds to land Longstaff. Toby and Vic as our starters with Bailly, Andersen, Mike and Axel fighting it out to break in. We could even look to sell Smalling too freeing up a bit more cash for transfers and wages.

Surely Maguire isn't worth that value of outlay when you weigh up what it's theoretically possible to buy instead? No matter how desperate we are!

LuckyScout78

Play Lindelof as right CB. Then he will and been able to make a run from defend to midfield. Lindelof does has pace enough to do it. I have seen Lindelof like that.
So United and Ole are buying Maguire for his really good air ability?I do really agree Maguire is really good in the air. But make run from defend. You can teach and improve Smalling, Lindelof and Tuanzebe can do it. Make them belief.

Im still waiting for a new Lucio, Desailly or Stam. Highest point with 5 those two world class CB. Maguire is max 4 points compare to the highest level in football history. So be patience. Find and buy a dcm closest to the level of Kante/Makele as possible first. A Maguire level CB will not solve United CB problem. Trust me in this. City has Fernandinho. Liverpool have workhorse in James Milner and Fabinho last season.

United can get top 4 with a cb price 30-50 mill too, if United get a really good dcm/cm to this season.

And to be honest. If i can pick beetween Maguire and City Stones. I would pick Stones every day in a week. But im not sure City will let Stones goes. I do rate Stones really high before he went to City. A ballplaying cb.

GJNJ

Aside from heading and running with the ball, he seems thoroughly average to me. And while it's nice to have someone comfortable with the ball, I'd much rather someone who can pass than run.

That said, can't blame Ole for trying to follow Sir Alex's lead and build a young, British spine. Let's see how it goes.
I would have said his passing was better than his running. From what I have seen he has a good range of passing, through the lines and switching play.

predator

Youth NITK

I agree mate.

I meant to add in my post that transfer fee inflation has been parallel with clubs revenue, like you say, but because it hasn't in relation to the british economy for example, alot of people will shudder at the thought of signing a cb from Leicester for 70million.

The sooner we all get our head round the new prices for sought after players, the easier it will be when we eventually cough up for them.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I think he is decent but not worth more than 65/70 million.

Barthez

Couldn’t care less if he costs £90 million, it’ll be money well spent

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Couldn’t care less if he costs £90 million, it’ll be money well spent
Exactly. In ten years time when we look back at his signing will we care if he cost 70, 80 or 90 million? No, and do you people know why? Because we'll be too busy fighting the fish people who are trying to scoop out our delicious brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.