Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If this guy is so great, just why have City not done the deal either? They've got the money, they've said they need a CB and I'm sure Maguire wouldn't mind going to a club where trophies are pretty much guaranteed
Believe it or not, they need to sell a cb first

prateik

This has to be the most boring transfer "saga" in the history of the caf..

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Honestly, do you feel as if we're being taken for a ride by Ed - again!

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
So @urbanspacefox - how do you think this transfer will play out? Cannot imagine the club will have much more patience, and will just issue a hands off notice. What do you reckon?

BlabyFox

Supports
Leicester
Bestietom post: 24433909 said:
I am hoping this transfer will be concluded this week. We need to move on to midfield and RW.
It's the hope that kills you though :lol:

stevoc

The Daily Star were caught fabricating an interview with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. So, what you said factually isn't true.
It is because i said they don't do it on a regular basis. Which acknowledges that they have done it on occasion. Besides you are just coming off with this nonsense to discredit anything that doesn't fit in with your conspiracy theories. Mourinho said it in a press conference, it was filmed and the Star were quoting him verbatim.

Like I already said, we were playing the best team in the league, and, naturally, playing the best team in the league exposes crap defenders like Smalling, who, by the way, is totally crap. Even if he had the strongest, healthiest toes on the planet, it wouldn't have mattered.

I like Smalling as a person, and I think his "I'm a human pineapple" hairstyle looks fantastic, but it's generally recognized by everyone that he isn't a very good defender. Labeling someone who points this out as "football ignorant" is just silly.
It isn't, now stop spouting shite and get back on topic.

Fooza

Honestly, do you feel as if we're being taken for a ride by Ed - again!
I really hope it's not dejavu like last year where we didn't get a defender in. But it feels very much like last season, the Ed effect.

DoomSlayer

So @urbanspacefox - how do you think this transfer will play out? Cannot imagine the club will have much more patience, and will just issue a hands off notice. What do you reckon?
We might just come back in January when Maguire's price has dropped as he won't be as motivated to still play in a small club when Manchester United is knocking on the door.

I'd guess that by next summer, he won't cost more than £50-£55 million. In my opinion, this is your last chance to get anything near the £75 million valuation.

buckooo1978

We might just come back in January when Maguire's price has dropped as he won't be as motivated to still play in a small club when Manchester United is knocking on the door.

I'd guess that by next summer, he won't cost more than £50-£55 million. In my opinion, this is your last chance to get anything near the £75 million valuation.
sorry but how does that make any sense?

He signed a contract last year and it's not like Maguire can adjust his asking price

DoomSlayer

sorry but how does that make any sense?

He signed a contract last year and it's not like Maguire can adjust his asking price
It can happen if Maguire is unhappy and not motivated to give a 100% at Leicester, especially since they have the inept Brendan Rodgers in charge.

I think many football fans underestimate our club right now and overestimate how well the like of Leicester and Wolves will do. They will be far behind us next season.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Love that Ed stayed at home to sort transfers...
Got this out of the way quick!

Fox1884

Supports
Leicester City
In the last 2 friendlies he had been playing 45 minutes as part of the "weaker/back up players line up", now having been bumped up to starting in the stronger XI, would suggest we are looking at him being here next season, no chance he would be playing if a deal was as close as suggested at the weekend.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Harry won’t push for a move. United are playing a dangerous game as Leicester hold all the cards here. We’re not budging on the fee and we have a cut off date before the deadline too. If United don’t cough up the dough in the next 7 days then he’s going nowhere.
A strongly presumtious post. A few reports say he's losing patience. Not sure where your timeline comes from too. It seems arbitrary, although I do agree we shouldn't leave it too late.
No one is saying a transfer is straight forward, but everyone knows what it entails. Why is it always so difficult for Manutd to get a good price ans transfer done quick and B) get the highest price for our assets.

Mings going for £26m (I know inc add ons) and we cant find suitors for Jones?
@urbanspacefox suggested it was.

Also you can't compare broad brush like that. Jones would command more wages than Mings, for starters.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Just need to wait for some quotes after the game, which will be the predictable shit we always hear about the “club having a valuation that hasn’t been met as of yet.”

urbanspacefox

Supports
Leicester City

It can happen if Maguire is unhappy and not motivated to give a 100% at Leicester, especially since they have the inept Brendan Rodgers in charge.

I think many football fans underestimate our club right now and overestimate how well the like of Leicester and Wolves will do. They will be far behind us next season.
He’s not going anywhere. I don’t think he’s motivated by money and still has at least another decade of his career left - and given United’s current situation they’re not exactly attractive at the minute. He can afford to wait.

Leicester’s stance has been strong and consistent throughout this window and last summer too - we don’t need to sell, we don’t need the money, we will not budge from our valuation and we will not be bullied.

And as Maguire is starting in our 3rd preseason friendly in a row rather than having his medical again, it seems to me that negotiations aren’t exactly going well for United.

Staying.

BlabyFox

Supports
Leicester

I can't believe you actually believe this, surely not?
If Harry was desperate to join you, do you not think he would have slapped in a transfer request by now?

Manchester United is a massive club steeped in history, success and trophies... no doubt.
In truth you are not as massive a draw success wise for a while now,so a reality check is needed, particularly as you're undergoing a massive rebuilding job under a relatively inexperienced and unproven manager

Re Harry not being motivated or trying his best, he's a consumate prrofessional who also loves playing for his Country so he'll do nothing to jeopardise that. Regarding paying less in January or next summer....try more!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s not going anywhere. I don’t think he’s motivated by money and still has at least another decade of his career left - and given United’s current situation they’re not exactly attractive at the minute. He can afford to wait.

Leicester’s stance has been strong and consistent throughout this window and last summer too - we don’t need to sell, we don’t need the money, we will not budge from our valuation and we will not be bullied.

And as Maguire is starting in our 3rd preseason friendly in a row rather than having his medical again, it seems to me that negotiations aren’t exactly going well for United.

Staying.
There's a very little chance that Woodward, for all his failings, will enter the new season without a big centre back signing. He will get Maguire done, its just a matter of whether we pay closer to what Leicester wants or if he pushes and make it easier for us.

0le

There's a very little chance that Woodward, for all his failings, will enter the new season without a big centre back signing. He will get Maguire done, its just a matter of whether we pay closer to what Leicester wants or if he pushes and make it easier for us.
Why do you say that? Look what happened last season for example and also the season before when we didn't get Perisic.

DoomSlayer

Staying.
Our position in football will always be better than Leicester's.

You lost your best player straight after winning the league, your club is an absolute minnow compared to Manchester United and Maguire would give everything to come here, only problem is he doesn't want to fully go against your team, considering how delicate your situation has been for a while.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why do you say that? Look what happened last season for example and also the season before when we didn't get Perisic.
Last season is the reason I'm saying it. He's not going to let us end yet another window without addressing it. The difference this year is that we've launched at least one formal bid that went public. You know he means business for a centre back this time.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

when do prices ever go down in January unless the player is about to leave on a free? he has 4 years left, you can add another £10-20m if you try and buy in January

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Staying.
Don't bank on it.

I think it's clear as crystal that he wants to join United and would jump at the chance given the opportunity. The only thing preventing that from happening is the stall in negotiations between the two club chairmen rather than the player being unwilling to leave.

There is still plenty of time remaining before deadline day arrives. It's just a matter of patience at this point in proceedings.

BlabyFox

Supports
Leicester
Our position in football will always be better than Leicester's.

You lost your best player straight after winning the league, your club is an absolute minnow compared to Manchester United and Maguire would give everything to come here, only problem is he doesn't want to fully go against your team, considering how delicate your situation has been for a while.
I've not seen any Leicester fan on here say anything derogatory about the size of your club,if Harry is that desperate to join why no transfer request?
Delicate situation? I would like to have some substantiated evidence to back this up please.
In fact I would go as far to say that your atempt at a massive rebuild,under a relatively inexperienced manager, is not exactly seeing a plethora of players knocking down the door to join you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.