Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Totally get that, its true, you get linked to way more than we (Leicester) do., but its just a really sh*t thing isn't it?
Soon as Harry goes (I think he will) Leicester will endsure the "Dunk on his 3rd medical at Leicester...." ad infinitum.
(And you still get to watch "Bruno! PogXit ! Back to Bruno! Milenkovic! SMS!" - sheesh :houllier:
That’s the thing, and add to that all the rumors regarding contract extensions. Besides, the news regarding Leicester players usually make at least some sense, whereas here it oft absolutely doesn’t :)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Will he be at training today? Does he have to stay away for 48 hours like kids do at school?

Fully Fledged

Football Fans - bottom feeders, each and every one. :lol:
To be fair, you guys are so lazy, you don`t even have a derisive nickname for Leicester, you know them? That "little" club, that doesn't know its place in the pecking order? :)
We don’t even think about you that much unless we are trying to buy one of your players.

Fully Fledged

Leicester is a real place. They're not a club named after a culture of cheese manufacturing as many people assume, the giveaway is that they play in blue and not red. Leicester is one of those places that no one knows exactly where it is but it is definitely somewhere in England I can assure you.
I know where Leicester is. It’s Reading that I have no idea where it is and sounds more like homework than an actual place.

Fox1884

Supports
Leicester City
John Percy is as reliable as it gets when it comes to Leicester

Ole's Army

It's obvious there standing in his way , they say there not but want 80m that's like us asking 100m for Lukaku and saying if it met he can go well he's not worth it , maguire is worth 50m and that's only because the markets gone mad.

Wonder what Brendan Rodgers would have been like if Celtic tried to stand in his way ??

Enigma_87

You know who
Would you leave Maguire there and go for a cheaper option ( Like Milenkovic) or stick with what we have, and spend the money on cover in front of the back 4. We need a DM and an energetic box to box midfielder.
There isn't really time to identify new targets unless we grossly overpay and go into full panic mode.

DoomSlayer

I'm really sick and tired of all this BS. Another totally failed window by our inept and incompetent board.

Jcrossley94

Would rather him be at training than not until it’s finalised ... would want him to arrive in good shape and near ready to go

Lentwood

This whole transfer is just indicative of why our approach is failing and why accountants should never be put in charge of making business decisions

Accountants in general see the world as a balance sheet. Money in versus money out. They often fail to see the big picture and the old saying 'they know the price of everything but the value of nothing' is very apt I feel (sorry accountants!)

In Ed's mind, we don't want to 'overpay' for Maguire....but it SEEMS like we are only £10m apart in our valuation. Bear in mind that's £10m probably spread across 4/5 season so equates to about £2m/2.5m per season

However, what is the COST to Manchester Utd the football team if we DON'T sign Maguire? Furthermore, if we DO sign Maguire, having haggled Leicester down a few million, was that few million worth Maguire missing an entire pre-season and the opportunity to assimilate with his new surroundings/team mates? I would argue almost certainly not

Whatever happens now, we have wasted time....something we don't have really

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
This whole transfer is just indicative of why our approach is failing and why accountants should never be put in charge of making business decisions

Accountants in general see the world as a balance sheet. Money in versus money out. They often fail to see the big picture and the old saying 'they know the price of everything but the value of nothing' is very apt I feel (sorry accountants!)

In Ed's mind, we don't want to 'overpay' for Maguire....but it SEEMS like we are only £10m apart in our valuation. Bear in mind that's £10m probably spread across 4/5 season so equates to about £2m/2.5m per season

However, what is the COST to Manchester Utd the football team if we DON'T sign Maguire? Furthermore, if we DO sign Maguire, having haggled Leicester down a few million, was that few million worth Maguire missing an entire pre-season and the opportunity to assimilate with his new surroundings/team mates? I would argue almost certainly not

Apparently, Mourinho asked for Maguire & was told he was too expensive. Back to square one, aren't we?

Draco1986

Saw some articles this morning in regards to Harry's agent being at carrington. Including a pic he took from Carrington. Any truth in this?

SaintMuppet

It’s time to leave off of this stupidity......

It’s not on and probably never has been and is making the club look silly.

Mainoldo

Because deals don’t fall through over £10m? I’m sure if we offered £10m more we would have got Sneijder or £5m more we would have got Salas. Basically you’ve wrote a couple paragraphs of nothing that relates to every club in world football.

Tiber

It’s time to leave off of this stupidity......

It’s not on and probably never has been and is making the club look silly.
Yea. Walking away when the deal is close and playing Rojo instead would stop us from looking silly

Status
Not open for further replies.