Harry Redknapp

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Harry Redknapp feels Tottenham could be at a disadvantage against Chelsea because their foreign players do not grasp the history and importance of what a London derby means to the club.

The London rivals meet on Saturday lunchtime in a crucial match in the battle for UEFA Champions League qualification.

But it would be a huge game for supporters regardless of the teams' respective positions, as they have enjoyed a simmering rivalry ever since both clubs were established and local bragging rights are always at stake.

Redknapp admits the history will be lost on most of his players, though, as they have not grown up around football in the capital, unlike Chelsea stalwarts John Terry and Frank Lampard.

"If I said to Benoit (Assou-Ekotto) we have not won at Chelsea for 20 years, he wouldn't have a clue. He probably doesn't even know we are playing Chelsea tomorrow until we tell him later on."

Harry Redknapp

Quotes of the week

"If I said to Benoit (Assou-Ekotto) we have not won at Chelsea for 20 years, he wouldn't have a clue. He probably doesn't even know we are playing Chelsea tomorrow until we tell him later on," Redknapp said.

"He won't look at the fixtures. He will turn up and say: 'what time is the coach tomorrow gaffer?'. And that is it. He will be here, but he won't be sure if we were going to Arsenal or Chelsea.
:lol:

I'd like to think that our players are a little more clued up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Didn't He say he only played for the money though? Reason why he will never make it at a top club.

Trionz

"If I said to Benoit (Assou-Ekotto) we have not won at Chelsea for 20 years, he wouldn't have a clue. He probably doesn't even know we are playing Chelsea tomorrow until we tell him later on."

:lol:

I like this Ekotto guy. Honest & Carefree.

Oggmonster

Didn't He say he only played for the money though? Reason why he will never make it at a top club.
He didn't really say it like that though, he said he didn't like football and only did it because he's good at it and it's a good job to have. I quite respect him for saying it to be honest, at least he's not pretending to be in love with it and is pretty much admitting the good financial reward is his main motivation to play and not the love of the game. If he played shit every week then I'd see people slagging him off as a valid criticism but he's had a good season, probably been one of the best left backs in the league this year, so his reasons for playing don't affect his game.

Trionz

He didn't really say it like that though, he said he didn't like football and only did it because he's good at it and it's a good job to have. I quite respect him for saying it to be honest, at least he's not pretending to be in love with it and is pretty much admitting the good financial reward is his main motivation to play and not the love of the game. If he played shit every week then I'd see people slagging him off as a valid criticism but he's had a good season, probably been one of the best left backs in the league this year, so his reasons for playing don't affect his game.
Yeah, he said something like that playing professional football is not fun as compared to when you play as a kid, because of tactics & details that they have to follow. And he plays professional football only because it rewards well.

Admirably honest.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Redknapp seems to have no self-awareness at all. Horrible cnut.

NewDawnFades

Harry Redknapp is a weasel. The tax thing was shady enough even if it was legal, his supposed interest in the Ukraine job that pushed QPR to sack Mark Hughes was a dick move, but this is real bad.

He will surely have to say this was misconstrued but those are the words of a classless guy
with a dwindling reputation.

Will also be verrry interesting to see if Brendan Rodgers admits he had agreed to being Harry's number 2. Would seem a strange move for him even when he was Swansea manager.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
How did he read those texts from Rooney et al when he said in court that he doesn't know how to text.

Brightonian

What a load of bitter shite. Hodgson has hardly been a revelation but I honestly don't think England would be doing any better with Redknapp. He's a grossly overrated manager, particularly (it seems) in his own head.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
It's amusing how he's changed his tune in recent months about England. Before it used to be about how they're the best players in the world, heck I remember reading his column on whichever newspaper website it was on where his suggestion to improve the team was 4-4-2 and Crouch - and this was after the world cup of 2010. But now in recent months he's trying to paint himself as a tactically progressive manager and England never had a chance at all....

Let's not forgot he got relegated with QPR extremely meekly after spending a tonne of money in the January too.

Regardless there was no way the FA were going to pay anything like the compensation Spurs would have wanted.

Brophs

The One and Only
So did Norn Irish Brendan Rodgers know anything about this, or was 'Arry going to mention it to him after he'd forged his name on a contract?

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
So did Norn Irish Brendan Rodgers know anything about this, or was 'Arry going to mention it to him after he'd forged his name on a contract?

Brendan Rodgers biggest mentor is himself because he's had to study, so that’s been his biggest influence. No way would he be number two

b82REZ

Ol' scrotum face coming across as very bitter about not getting the England job.

His dodginess counted against him in the long run, only has himself to blame.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I read his 'explosive' interview with the Daily Mail the other day. The whole thing was him moaning on about how amazing he was for bringing up Gareth Bale and how the media were cnuts for not mentioning it enough, moaning at the FA for not hiring him and choosing Hodgson, moaning at Ruud Gullit for disgracefully celebrating Chelsea's Champions League win, moaning at Levy for firing him and then rounding the whole thing off with "I don't hold grudges."

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Minus the money, I'm pretty sure that he's only in management for the same reasons I do career modes on FIFA - transfer windows.

All he seems to do it talk about opposition players he'd love to sign, players he has signed, players he plans on signing, players he can't sign, players he won't sign and player's star signs.

Drainy

Looks like Bosingwa wasn't too happy with how Redknapp treated him. Done an interview laying into him.

"Thinks he's like ferguson, but there is a difference: in his long career, just won a title"

and

"Doesn't seem to know what he says. It's confusing.Must be the age or the wine he drinks every morning"

were probably the most cutting comments from it.

CallyRed

Don't you think the fact he was mega dodgy might have had an influence?

This is it, could you imagine the British Press with Harry Redknapp as England Manager? They would have been digging away into his personal life like anything, and god knows what they would have found.

It was the safer option for the FA for "off the pitch" reasons.

CallyRed

The sports tv media/papers might have been onside for Harry.

The front page red top journos on the other hand would do anything to sell papers.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
'Explosive' stuff from 'Arry in his new book. Hits out at the FA, claims big players wanted him to be the next England manager, and says he would have appointed Rodgers as his number two.

Reads like memoirs of a bitter man. And eh, great timing what with the internationals.
Would have made a great title for the big headed gobshite's book.

Ruud_boy_10

I have been thinking about this for a while and remembering where spurs were before 'Arry joined them and coming to the conclusion that he could do a really good job for us. He's SAF's mate which is apparently realy important, got Spurs in the top 4 consistatley and managed to turn average players into world beaters.

C'mon everyone, lets all jump on the 'Arry Bandwagon, you know it makes sense.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Are you kidding me? He's got QPR spending more than Dortmund on wages yet they're languishing in the Championship. He'd bankrupt us with his transfer muppetry.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I have been thinking about this for a while and remembering where spurs were before 'Arry joined them and coming to the conclusion that he could do a really good job for us. He's SAF's mate which is apparently realy important, got Spurs in the top 4 consistatley and managed to turn average players into world beaters.

C'mon everyone, lets all jump on the 'Arry Bandwagon, you know it makes sense.
At least we would play attractive football and have a likeable manager. Plus I think Tal Ben Haim could probably do a better job than Rio at the back!

Plugsy

Don't want Harry near us but I don't get why he got so much criticism. Yeah he's a bit of a Derek Trotter but he did really well at Spurs and did a good job at West Ham too. Where his hand isn't in the till he seems to be quite decent.