Has it become obvious now that we can’t challenge for the league?

Micky Targaryen

Lots of posts saying that the team are capable of challenging the league but not the manager. It’s only a matter of time when the team decides that they do not want to play for the manager anymore.

Andersonson

Look at our best 11 vs Liverpool and City. We lose that battle.

Liverpool has got Robertson, VvD and Arnold. That's 3 better than ours.
In midfield they got Hendo and Fabinho. Both better than ours. That's 5
Salah and Mane are better than two of our forwards. That 7.

You could argue that Alisson is better too, but that's too close imo.

Us winning the league would be an amazing feat and not expected.

Even though we have bought well we ain't a title winning squad yet. I know media and fans think so, but that's not the case in my book. We're still a top 4 side.

Hammondo

We have Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes, our issue is that we have no fecking idea what to do with them. There is zero plan and hasn’t been for a long long time now.
We can bet your arse Pep, Klopp or Tuchel would get a functional midfield out of our squad, cause you know, they’d have a plan.
Yes with have those 2, whats your point? Bruno never plays in midfield and Pogba is generally poor there.

"We can bet your arse Pep, Klopp or Tuchel would get a functional midfield out of our squad,"
None of them would play Pogba, bruno would not be given the crazy freedom he has at the moment.

doomy20

Was obvious before already as Klopp Tuchel and Pep are on a different level compared to our coach

Even though we have bought well we ain't a title winning squad yet. I know media and fans think so, but that's not the case in my book. We're still a top 4 side.
Do we play Liverpool every week or squads like Villa and Everton that ours shits all over?

mav_9me

There’s no hope of winning the league with Ole as manager and Mcfred playing every week, I’ve no idea how anyone can think otherwise.
Anyone who cannot see this is deluding himself.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was always the case that we could improve and still come 4th this year.
But we haven't even improved.

We're a team of names, not a functioning team.
Greenwood and Sancho are kid doing their own thing and there's no link from the whole attack.

Ronaldo's Love Child

We have a squad that should now be challenging for the title. I am a realist so that doesn't mean I expect us to win it but we should be challenging at least.

On paper, our players are as good as Liverpool and City. The real worry is that we should be beating Young Boys, Everton, Villareal (more convincingly) than we are doing. It's not the players. It's the tactics........and that comes from the manager.

Yes, we can all pick errors from our players in different games. Today I thought Varane's position for the Everton game was poor. He was stationery just outside Everton's box whilst Fred was desperately trying to regain possession and stop an Everton counter. We were 1-0 at that point so no need for Varane to be so high up the pitch but there you go. It's tempting to get sucked into blaming players as at least one of them will make a mistake (just the same as any other team).

Today and also against Villareal, the myth that we play badly against low block teams has been proven. At 1-1 with 11 mins to play Everton had 6 players pressing our defence!

I don't know what the solution is but I do know that OGS either is unable to identify tactical flaws to our game or is stubbornly sticking with this system until it "comes together".

Deep into injury time and OGS is laughing with one of his players on the pitch.......WTF!?

We can either wait until the end of the season when we fail to win anything or we sack him at Christmas time but I am afraid to say it is time for him to go

el3mel

We can still challenge for the league. We just need to act quickly in this international break.

Funny how players get rated higher when teams play well (Sancho Dortmund) or worse when teams play poorly (Sancho United).

Luke Shaw was the “best LB in the World” when England made the final in the Summer, now he’s back to being nothing compared to Robertson and one of the reasons why we can’t expect a title challenge.

Klopp’s players are always overrated, same thing happened at Dortmund with player after player after player. Maybe the manager and his system has something to do with it? Hmmmmm

hobbers

Shaw was better than Robertson all of last season.
TAA and Mane were pilloried by Liverpool fans all of last season.

Revan

Assumptionman
This.

I wonder if he will lose the dressing room now it contains serial winners...

We all know he will finally look under threat, then put a little run together and be saved yet again

Should never have got the renewal. The signs were there

He should have nowhere to hide with this group of players. I said when the CL draw was made that he should be sacked for not making it out the group

He's stabilised the club, but needs to go ASAP as we are starting to go backwards

Differentiation needs to be made between him as a player and him as a manager
Absolutely. Ideally, he should have let go at the end of his season and never become permanent, but as permanent manager he should have been sacked after the defeat to Red Bull in last December. Everything that was to be known about him was known at that stage, so there was no point on continuing this miserable experiment.

Now is just in beyond ridiculous territory.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We are not good enough, it's down to the manager

matsdf

Every team seems to be pretty trash this season, it's pretty weird.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Or is it still far too early in the season to come to such a conclusion?
No where near good enough to win a League title in my honest opinion, simply not as a good a team as City, Chelsea or Liverpool.

Infra-red

I didn't expect a challenge before the season commenced and things are panning out pretty much as predicted. We'll be OK (3rd/4th, most likely), but probably won't challenge for any major trophy.

SER19

There's a zero percent chance of winning league with Ole, as much as i hate to say it. We're 7 games in and have dropped 7 points to Southampton, Everton and villa.

Ralph1386

When we can’t beat Villa and Everton at home, it’s pretty obvious we’re not challenging for the title.

Sad to say this with the squad we have.

lilcurt

People talk about McFred who admittedly aren't good enough. But by far the biggest weakness of United is the manager and coaches.

Give us prime Barcelona and Ole and these coaches wouldn't compete, they are MILES behind.

We won't do anything while they are here.

Hughie77

Always been obvious, top 4 is the only target, and like if you say shoot for the moon, you will hit a star at least, and that's UTD now. We have to get at least 86 plus points to even hope of getting top spot. When was the last time UTD got that amount. Most was 82 I think under Jose in recent times. City, Pool, Chelsea are all better in terms of established players . Only Chelsea I put in the same bracket as UTD, but with a more experienced guy in charge.

The only thing I can say after watching the first 7 league games, and the rest , there is massive amount of talent in the UTD squad, there not being utilised in the right way.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Zero chance ole competes with 3 of the 5 best managers in world football right now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nope. It’s not realistic. We still drop silly points and other teams don’t.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
What can we do to fix this situation?Sack Ole and sign the best manager who’s available right now?Would Zidane or Conte be good enough to manage us?
Sell my Ford Focus and buy the best car I can get? Would a Lamborghini or Porsche be good enough to drive?

Fooza

When we signed Ronaldo I started to believe, dammit.