Have we signed anyone ELSE yet? 2023/2024 season

LordSpud

Clear as day we won't be taking any new signings on the tour. Ten Hag will be absolutely fuming.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Have we signed anyone yet?

No - and at this rate and state of affairs we just might by the Season 2024/25

Licha M

K̶a̶n̶e̶
H̶øj̶l̶u̶n̶d̶
O̶s̶i̶m̶h̶e̶n̶
W̶a̶t̶k̶i̶n̶s̶
R̶a̶m̶o̶s̶
M̶u̶a̶n̶i̶
T̶h̶u̶r̶a̶m̶

Not an ounce of ambition or decisiveness, just the club wandering around Europe in a daze knocking on random clubs doors to see if there's a striker going begging.

Erik will be rightfully raging - Murtough needs sacking.

Hackman2210

Great to see the club backing Eric - it’s embarrassing and a clear indication of how much the owners care about the club. Hard to attract players when the owners are cnuts.

Swedish_Plumber

Does feel a bit ominous. I know it’s early but all the reports of us being limited by budget combined with what clubs are asking for is concerning.

Doesn’t seem like we have an actual strategy for transfers yet again.

Von Mistelroum

It's very early, but all the signs of our usual dealings are there. Looking at this player and preparing bids for that player while they get snapped up by other clubs.

I think we're very low on funds and trying to save face a bit by hoping to get a few sales in before spending anything. I've said all along that we won't spend a lot this summer though, and I reckon we'll really struggle if De Gea is actually going because I think the Glazernomics meant that we were sticking with him and will now mean that buying a keeper becomes the priority, leaving us without a decent striker for another year. Maybe another loan comes in and we hope that'll be enough.

I think if De Gea stays we go:

Hojlund or similar.
One of those French defenders we haven't really heard of.
Mount or Rabiot.

But if De Gea leaves:

Onana or similar.
Mount or Rabiot depending on funds.
Loan striker not dissimilar to Wout but hopefully a bit better!

Scriblerus

Does anyone out there (eg with experience in business takeovers) know how the superbly mismanaged sale process is going to affect our entry into he transfer market? Would the documentation for the sale specify any list of assets/transfer budget/business plan that could genuinely inhibit our ability to buy and sell? Can we look forward to a summer in which the threads about our supposed targets are closed one by one as they move to other new clubs?

JuriM

Does anyone out there (eg with experience in business takeovers) know how the superbly mismanaged sale process is going to affect our entry into he transfer market? Would the documentation for the sale specify any list of assets/transfer budget/business plan that could genuinely inhibit our ability to buy and sell? Can we look forward to a summer in which the threads about our supposed targets are closed one by one as they move to other new clubs?
Nobody can't really know. The takeover shouldn't be able to change our 2023 summer transfer window at all, as the FFP restrictions still stay and we can't just bypass them.

croadyman

It's very early, but all the signs of our usual dealings are there. Looking at this player and preparing bids for that player while they get snapped up by other clubs.

I think we're very low on funds and trying to save face a bit by hoping to get a few sales in before spending anything. I've said all along that we won't spend a lot this summer though, and I reckon we'll really struggle if De Gea is actually going because I think the Glazernomics meant that we were sticking with him and will now mean that buying a keeper becomes the priority, leaving us without a decent striker for another year. Maybe another loan comes in and we hope that'll be enough.

I think if De Gea stays we go:

Hojlund or similar.
One of those French defenders we haven't really heard of.
Mount or Rabiot.

But if De Gea leaves:

Onana or similar.
Mount or Rabiot depending on funds.
Loan striker not dissimilar to Wout but hopefully a bit better!
Should be Mount & Rabiot when the latter is a free agent. We should stop trying to save face and just admit we are brassic. Maybe then we might get some discount prices from other clubs

Hackman2210

I keep hearing FFP this and FFP that. It doesn’t seem to apply to other clubs so why are we abiding by it? Chelsea must be in an FFP hellhole and they are trying to buy caicedo and Jackson. That’s another £100m spend. Struggling to understand it. I’m thinking it’s just that the glazers don’t give 2 fecks about Utd and are not going to spend anymore til they get their cash.

Woziak

We never sign players before July, so more of the same.
That’s because we currently skint and don’t want to pay their wages until September sign players late July /August purely for Cashflow, the best thing that could happen now is SJ/SJR threaten to walk away because the value going down when the new accounts are published at end of June 23

Jacob

Rice, Mount, Maddison would be good, in addition to a striker.

Irwin99

Not hearing much on the Raibot situation surprisingly- i thought that was pretty much a sure thing according to the press.

It's way too early to make any predictions but I can see people are already getting agitated and, to be honest, with the way the club has acted in the past under these owners I can't blame them for being a bit skeptical. EtH pushed that squad to the limit last season and it would be very hard to take if he wasn't backed :(

The White Pele

I’m at a loss to explain what our transfer plans actually are for this window at the moment.

We were heavily linked with Kim Min-Jae but our efforts seem to have been quite half-hearted compared to Bayern so not sure how intent on signing him we were.

We’re clearly in for Mason Mount but it’s unclear why he would be a priority signing and how he would fit in.

The goalkeeper position is still a problem and still not sure what the plan was to address it. It seemed maybe we wanted to kick the can down the road again and retain De Gea on a reduced salary rather than address the issue this summer. It seems like we have failed to do that and are now sniffing around Jordan Pickford who won’t be cheap. Meanwhile a top prospect like Costa has a release clause at market value that we seem reluctant to act on.

And as for the glaring centre-forward hole we seem to lack a clear target that we are confident of landing for a reasonable price.

Early days but I’m already concerned that we may not get sufficient transfer activity done ahead of pre-season as you get the impression that our list of targets and even the positions we’re looking to fill is still not clear and locked down.

daba

Not hearing much on the Raibot situation surprisingly- i thought that was pretty much a sure thing according to the press.

It's way too early to make any predictions but I can see people are already getting agitated and, to be honest, with the way the club has acted in the past under these owners I can't blame them for being a bit skeptical. EtH pushed that squad to the limit last season and it would be very hard to take if he wasn't backed :(
Could he be Saudi bound?

TonyShneak

It's the perfect Glazer strategy. We both simultaneously have to sell to buy, but can't sell anyone as we don't have replacements. This leaves us nicely paralysed and they don't have to spend a penny whilst they sit around with their thumbs up their asses regarding the sale.

croadyman

Well contract is up at end of this month so IF don't see anything this week then looks like we aren't seriously looking to sign him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I keep hearing FFP this and FFP that. It doesn’t seem to apply to other clubs so why are we abiding by it? Chelsea must be in an FFP hellhole and they are trying to buy caicedo and Jackson. That’s another £100m spend. Struggling to understand it. I’m thinking it’s just that the glazers don’t give 2 fecks about Utd and are not going to spend anymore til they get their cash.
They are fecking their future windows by spreading the cost of everything out the way they are. They are already struggling with FFP. Sure they are interested in Caicedo, but no bid yet. They are agreeing a fee for a 30m random mediocre striker from Villareal because they have a shit budget. They need to sell players before the end of June and to be fair to them will be selling a lot of players.

Hughes35

Looks like it's basically a transfer embargo until the club is sold.

Why would the Glazers spend out of their own pocket for an asset when they are about to sell? Pretty sure the Mount deal would be tied up already if it wasn't for the sale.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Why would the Glazers spend out of their own pocket for an asset when they are about to sell? Pretty sure the Mount deal would be tied up already if it wasn't for the sale.
I’d happily take 4th next season and a complete reset within the club (manager and his coaching staff aside) under the new owners. It’s hard to see us making the strides we want to under these clown owners fecking about

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

We’ll feed off scraps and then wonder why we’re scrapping for 4th

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We're essentially flirting at everyone from across the bar but terrified to make any moves (if you believe all the rumours anyway)

romufc

When have the Glazers ever spent out of their pocket? Any transfers we do will be ammortised anyway, its not like we will pay them now.

For example, we owe 300m worth of transfer fees to clubs, the Glazers will leave that at the club even when its sold.

They have not put a penny in the club in the last 10 years, its not their money when we sign players.

croadyman

Yeah so much for it not affecting business

Hughes35

When have the Glazers ever spent out of their pocket? Any transfers we do will be ammortised anyway, its not like we will pay them now.

For example, we owe 300m worth of transfer fees to clubs, the Glazers will leave that at the club even when its sold.

They have not put a penny in the club in the last 10 years, its not their money when we sign players.
Well yes, everybody knows this..... It's the same difference though.

They won't spend money out of their own businesses pocket then.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The top threads on the transfer forum:

Kim
Caicedo
Rice
Onana
Barella
Hojlund
Mount
Kane
Mbappe
Costa

Which ones would you most like us to sign?
Which ones are we most likely to sign?
Mount and/or Hojlund the only two that I think have any liklihood of signing for United from that list.

romufc

Well yes, everybody knows this..... It's the same difference though.

They won't spend money out of their own businesses pocket then.
They are just greedy f**** who do not care about the club.

This is why they should not remain at the club under any circumstance.

Hughes35

They are just greedy f**** who do not care about the club.

This is why they should not remain at the club under any circumstance.
Well yes.

Don't think there is a Utd fan on earth that says differently.

Scriblerus

I have asked elsewhere whether there would be anything in the deal process that would put a stop on transfer business (eg are the players listed as assets in the sale documentation, could there be a business plan that the Glazers have to follow, etc, etc) - it might have looked like innocuous red tape seven months ago, but as the sale has dragged may it now impact the transfer window? It's also possible of course that the Glazers simply won't shell out before they garner their huge and richly deserved profits. Either way, I fear this may be a very long and increasingly frustrated thread.

Hackman2210

Not pickford please - dreadful hair style. You try marketing that look.......

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We are going to leave it late and then get our signings with inflated price.