Hillsborough: Duckenfield to be charged with manslaughter

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Manslaughter of 95 people. That's one hell of a sentence then.

montpelier

Shame the Coroner of the 1st Inquest has died - I wonder who it was leaned on him to operate that as a complete farce.

(Stefan Popper & his 15 minute time limit)

Trizy

Apologies for my lack of understanding on the Hillsborough tragedy, it was before I was born.

However, my question is should the club not be held responsible? The gates just kept letting people in even the capacity was full. What has that got to do with the Chief of Police?

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Apologies for my lack of understanding on the Hillsborough tragedy, it was before I was born.

However, my question is should the club not be held responsible? The gates just kept letting people in even the capacity was full. What has that got to do with the Chief of Police?
That's exactly what they are doing. Graham Mackrell was the CEO of Sheffield Wedsnesday and the designated safety officer for Hillsborough. He was charged today for breaching the terms of the ground's safety certificate.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Probably the best thing you could do is hit google for a while and do some reading.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
About time, the bloke should never see the light of day again. As much as we love to dish it out to the scousers, I have nothing but total admiration for the way they fought for the truth and never gave up.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
About time, the bloke should never see the light of day again. As much as we love to dish it out to the scousers, I have nothing but total admiration for the way they fought for the truth and never gave up.
It's nice to hear things like this.

The death toll is more than 96 by the way. Many have taken their lives since 1989.

My only brother was a campaigner for the HJC. He also put on a concert two years ago to raise money for the HJC.

Sadly he passed away last month which broke my heart. I really wish he was around for this news today. He fought so hard for Justice and Truth.

Rafateria

It's been a long time coming and for many it's far too late. However, as I saw pointed out and totally agree with, had this happened a decade or two decades ago then they'd have found some way to squirm out of it and we wouldn't get the guilty verdict they deserve. Now however there is a mountain of evidence, and a lot of it in the form of confessions, so the right verdict should be assumed and hopefully it's accompanied by long prison sentences for all concerned.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Thanks lads.

There was a few banners made for him for the West Ham and Boro games. A minutes applause against Boro too on the 14th minute . The reason it was on the 14th minute was because of the 14 - 0 verdict last year.

Iam expecting a phone call off him right now. So sad .

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Also please take note:

WHAT HAS CHANGED?

In legal terms the proceedings against those charged are now “active”.

Under contempt laws this means nothing should be published that could cause a substantial risk of seriously prejudicing the legal process.

In essence, a process is now underway that could see those charged face a jury trial - and nothing should be done that could influence prospective jurors that someone is guilty.

This means social media posts - whether a profile has 10 or 10,000 followers - should not include comments that implies any suspect is guilty of the offence they have been accused of.

Doing so could provide a basis for a defendant to argue they can not get a fair hearing.

While you could not write, for instance, that it was the correct decision to charge a suspect and why, you could post that you disagree over the decision not to charge someone and explain your reasoning.

WHAT ABOUT THE INFORMATION ALREADY OUT THERE?
Lawyers representing those accused of wrongdoing could argue that, because so much has been said, heard and written about their clients’ involvement in Hillsborough or its aftermath, it would be impossible for them to get a fair trial.

That is not the case, however.

A number of legal precedents exist that state no matter how well known an accused may be, they can still be given a fair hearing in a public court of law.

Arguments include the ‘fade factor’ - which suggests the impact of past stories fades in the minds of jurors over the time between a suspect being charged and a resulting trial, a process which often takes months and months.

It is also established that jurors are capable of reaching fair decisions based solely on the evidence they hear in a trial, and that the ‘drama’ of the courtroom environment helps people focus simply on that which is put before them.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Iam glad that bellend Metcalf has been collared too. The horrible twat . His words after Hillsborough still haunt me.

You horrible horrible fecking TWAT !!!

Duafc

Village Lemon
Thanks lads.

There was a few banners made for him for the West Ham and Boro games. A minutes applause against Boro too on the 14th minute . The reason it was on the 14th minute was because of the 14 - 0 verdict last year.

Iam expecting a phone call off him right now. So sad .
On the one hand so horribly sad for you, but on the other I'm sure it's immensely satisfying and a source of huge pride that he clearly had a big impact on the long overdue justice. Thoughts are with you and all involved or touched by those events.

WelshManc

Glad justice is being served, shouldn't it be 96 counts of manslaughter though?

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Thanks.

Massive pain in the arse too. :D

People are texting me saying he is on Sky News. Its after the verdict last year. If you see a scally in a black berghaus with no hair hugging a chubby lady thats him.

PaulRich

Glad justice is being served, shouldn't it be 96 counts of manslaughter though?
Apparently the law relies on the law at the time and that stated that unless the death occurred within a year and a day of the offence then manslaughter charges could not be brought. Stinks.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
On the one hand so horribly sad for you, but on the other I'm sure it's immensely satisfying and a source of huge pride that he clearly had a big impact on the long overdue justice. Thoughts are with you and all involved or touched by those events.
Iam proud.

There are countless other stories like mine. People have committed suicide or Hillsborough just got to them that they just passed away. Loads of us are meeting in the Ship and Mitre on Saturday as its pur kids birthday. Last time we were all there was after the verdict. The ambulance fella who was in the only ambulance to get on the pitch was there. Some party that.

Roll on Saturday .

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The cover up of it all is still the thing that I find the most disgusting. People make mistakes and had they held there hands up at the time and admitted they had made a monumental feck up then that would be one thing. But everything that happened after was just awful.

PaulRich

One fella I'd love to see get his day in court would be Paul Middup who was SYP Federation rep. and the guy who was largely responsible for feeding the infamous 'The Truth' 'facts' to the press. Absolute cnut of a man.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's nice to hear things like this.

The death toll is more than 96 by the way. Many have taken their lives since 1989.

My only brother was a campaigner for the HJC. He also put on a concert two years ago to raise money for the HJC.

Sadly he passed away last month which broke my heart. I really wish he was around for this news today. He fought so hard for Justice and Truth.
Sorry for your loss, may he RIP

Al-T

Said before about Hillsborough that anyone who went to football regularly in the Seventies and Eighties will think 'there but for the grace of God......'.

It's truly shameful that it has taken nearly thirty years to get to this point. Those that have had to fight a largely indifferent establishment to get here for their lost loved ones deserve huge respect.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
The cover up of it all is still the thing that I find the most disgusting. People make mistakes and had they held there hands up at the time and admitted they had made a monumental feck up then that would be one thing. But everything that happened after was just awful.
That's who I meant not Metcalf. All over the place here.

Ok... Middup you horrible horrible TWAT !!!!

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Said before about Hillsborough that anyone who went to football regularly in the Seventies and Eighties will think 'there but for the grace of God......'.

It's truly shameful that it has taken nearly thirty years to get to this point. Those that have had to fight a largely indifferent establishment to get here for their lost loved ones deserve huge respect.
True.

It nearly happened on a few occasions at the Leppings Lane end. 81/82 , 86/87 and 87/88.

Jack Straw once said something like.

Regarding Hillsborough . I must say to the familes. Searching for justice is like a blind man looking for a black cat in a dark room.

Hahaaaaaa !!! Ok Jack lad we will just give up.. Things like that galvanise us you soft twat .

Well we switched the light on in the dark room and exposed SYP , WMP and every fecking Government since 1989 to be heartless lying twats .

Makes me proud to be from Liverpool on days like today.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
It's been a long time coming and for many it's far too late. However, as I saw pointed out and totally agree with, had this happened a decade or two decades ago then they'd have found some way to squirm out of it and we wouldn't get the guilty verdict they deserve. Now however there is a mountain of evidence, and a lot of it in the form of confessions, so the right verdict should be assumed and hopefully it's accompanied by long prison sentences for all concerned.
Nice to see justice prevail. In my eyes it should never have been allowed to drag on for more than a year in the first place. The evidence was there all along. Had this been investigated properly from the beginning a lot of people could have lived a life without the grief, sorrow and agony that came with the cover stories and built up inside with every day those lies stood as truth. 5 or 10 more years for Duckenfield because of clearer evidence? That won't ever compensate for it. I'd rather the families and friends of the departed as well as those that were there that day didn't have to go through that ordeal at all.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
That's who I meant not Metcalf. All over the place here.

Ok... Middup you horrible horrible TWAT !!!!
feck me. Iam even quoting the wrong post.

:D

I'm goin the fecking pub.. tra la la la la...

I'm goin the feckin pub... tra la la la la...

PaulRich

feck me. Iam even quoting the wrong post.

:D

I'm goin the fecking pub.. tra la la la la...

I'm goin the feckin pub... tra la la la la...
I think on a day like today we can forgive you fella!

RC89

Iam glad that bellend Metcalf has been collared too. The horrible twat . His words after Hillsborough still haunt me.

You horrible horrible fecking TWAT !!!
What did he say?