g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Hillsborough: Duckenfield to be charged with manslaughter

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A few lads I are trying to contact whoever owns Bob Marley's copyrights to see if they were approached for this.
Would they have needed to have approached the licence holder to Bob Marley's copyrights? There's no mention of him by name or picture, the "lyrics" are a common phrase, there's no imagery at all that relates to him, and the name of the item isn't anything to do with BM. I wouldn't have thought there has been any theft of intellectual property even this was 100% referring to Bob Marley. As far as I'm aware, you don't need a licence to make an homage if no copyrights are breached, and I don't think anything has been breached here.

IMO whoever designed this knew what they were doing. A bit of controversy, a bit of free publicity, and a weak story to fall back on to save face. Topman/Topshop are struggling. Now everyone remembers they exist again for a little bit. Cheaper than a telly advert.

Last edited:

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Would they have needed to have approached the licence holder to Bob Marley's copyrights? There's no mention of him by name or picture, the "lyrics" are a common phrase, there's no imagery at all that relates to him, and the name of the item isn't anything to do with BM. I wouldn't have thought there has been any theft of intellectual property even this was 100% referring to Bob Marley. As far as I'm aware, you don't need a licence to make an homage if no copyrights are breached, and I don't think anything has been breached here.

IMO whoever designed this knew what they were doing. A bit of controversy, a bit of free publicity, and a weak story to fall back on to save face. Topman/Topshop are struggling. Now everyone remember they exist again for a little bit. Cheaper than a telly advert.
Good points . If it was a publicity stunt then they are sick twats and will hopefully be fecked off by the people of Liverpool.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool

IMO whoever designed this knew what they were doing. A bit of controversy, a bit of free publicity, and a weak story to fall back on to save face. Topman/Topshop are struggling. Now everyone remember they exist again for a little bit. Cheaper than a telly advert.
I was trying to work out what benefit there was to referencing Hillsborough in this way. I see your point, but damn there are some desperate sickos if this truly was a strategy.

This reminds me of the H&M monkey hoodie a while back. Both debatable as innocent, both highly offensive if intentional.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like something someone from the Apprentice would produce in one of the tasks. Pitches it well to Top Shop and gets sales. Meanwhile not a single fool realised what was going on.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Wtf did I just read ? This didnt happen did it?

Crazy this. .
You did and yes. The more I think about Iam convinced some heartless twat knew what he was doing. Ive just read through most of this thread again and some top posts on here so thanks for that. The truth is no matter how long it was ago the pain and anger will never go away.

JFT 96.

MoskvaRed

You did and yes. The more I think about Iam convinced some heartless twat knew what he was doing. Ive just read through most of this thread again and some top posts on here so thanks for that. The truth is no matter how long it was ago the pain and anger will never go away.

JFT 96.
Either pure cynicism or gross insensitivity as some moron saw a (red) Liverpool shirt with 96 on the back and had the bright idea that the juxtaposition of tbe figures 9 and 6 suits a design for some tacky Orientalist crap about karma. Either way, I just hope they don’t make money from the publicity as there is no excuse given how high profile the ongoing campaign has been and how recently the families finally got an admission in a public forum of the truth of what happened that day.

arthurka

JFT 96.
What is wrong with people ?
This is really a terrible thing to do , no way it was not known ..

Some people should just be ashamed of themself ...

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Either pure cynicism or gross insensitivity as some moron saw a (red) Liverpool shirt with 96 on the back and had the bright idea that the juxtaposition of tbe figures 9 and 6 suits a design for some tacky Orientalist crap about karma. Either way, I just hope they don’t make money from the publicity as there is no excuse given how high profile the ongoing campaign has been and how recently the families finally got an admission in a public forum of the truth of what happened that day.
Whoever was behind this has seriously wound up a few people . If the person responsible gets sniffed out they will be in for a hard time.

What is wrong with people ?
This is really a terrible thing to do , no way it was not known ..

Some people should just be ashamed of themself ...
Some people are right twats and feck knows what motivates them to do such things . I bet they are patting themselves on the back right now .

Hephaestus

For me it's the white rose that pushes it from thinking it was an honest mistake to thinking it was a crass attempt to get attention.

GeorgieBoy

Deary me someone definitely knew what they were doing here. We all know what its referring to. How it managed to get past all the processes they must have in place before going on the shelf I'll never know.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Won't be hard for Topshop to investigate and find the designer. It's not shocking to me that the references would go under the noses of a load of fashion people. Someone is going to get sacked.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
It is. Red rose for Lancashire. It happened in South Yorkshire remember.
Call me a nutter as I don't give a feck .

I ' feel ' this was done for a reason with the Inquest still going on. I really do ' feel ' they are trying to put out a message of some sort and trying to interfere with it on some kind of level. They know that we have them and the dirty little ' jobs for the boys ' twats are resorting to this . Coincidence my fecking arse.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I think the judge is out of order here:
Guardian said:
The judge, Sir Peter Openshaw, directed the jury that former South Yorkshire police officer David Duckenfield was likely to show no emotion during the trial, before they heard the evidence of Dolores Steele, whose son Philip, 15, was one of the 96 people killed.

“My prediction is that Mr Duckenfield will show no emotion at all, because he has not shown any physical reaction at all throughout the trial,” Openshaw told the jury of eight women and four men.

“You may have noticed that, and you may have thought it strange, or even odd. But there may be a medical explanation for that, and I think it fair that you should have it now, before we go any further and, in particular, before we hear evidence from Mrs Steele.

“It is to this effect: that on the basis of expert medical opinion it is recognised that as a sufferer of post-traumatic stress disorder, his appearance and demeanour in court should not be taken as an indication of his state of mind. “He has a resilient, passive and expressionless external presentation, which gives no indication of his state of mind, so don’t draw an adverse inference against him.”

SteveJ

Scout
Duckenfield admitted trying to blame fans for Hillsborough, court told
Ex-police officer claimed at the time of stadium tragedy that supporters forced open a gate
Guardian said:
“Chief superintendent, would it at least be right to say that you decided to withhold information from my clients, who were responsible in that ground, in the presence of the assistant chief constable?”

“Sir, you are correct.”

William Woodward QC, representing South Yorkshire police at the Taylor inquiry, later asked Duckenfield: “Is this right, that insofar as you have been responsible for any misunderstanding or misleading, you unreservedly withdraw and apologise?”

“I do sir,” Duckenfield replied.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ing-to-blame-fans-for-hillsborough-court-told

Redditor

Supports
Liverpool
Wait, why does this thread exist? Aren't people usually told to refrain from discussing the cases on forums?

SteveJ

Scout
Wait, why does this thread exist? Aren't people usually told to refrain from discussing the cases on forums?
You may well be right. If the mods tell me to stop posting updates, I'll do so immediately.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I know Ive said it before but I'll say it again, I'm so proud of the campaigners who never gave up, kept fighting, and I hope with every ounce of my soul this all ends the way it should. Regardless of club loyalties, nationality or any other deviding factor the whole football family is with you