Gaming Hogwarts Legacy (PS5/PC/Switch/Xbox)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm no Harry Potter superfan but this could be very good. Possibly out in September on all the usual platforms

Hogwarts Legacy is an upcoming open-world, action role-playing video game set in the late 1800s in the Wizarding World being developed by Avalanche Software and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment under its Portkey Games label.

https://www.ign.com/articles/hogwarts-legacy-release-date-possibly-in-september-2022

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought it was going to be an online game, that would have been cooler. Will still pick this up.

Bebe

I'm hoping this will be good, but expecting it to be an underdeveloped flop honestly. Fingers crossed.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Looks like a shite version of Witcher 3.

Maybe that's just because I'm not a Harry potter fan though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought there was a new trailer but that's just old news. Has the potential to be amazing though.

choccy77

Shame it's not made by Rockstar, then you could bang Harmonie in diagon alley :lol:

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I have this on my wish list. Could potentially be really good.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
No paedophile/rape jokes before anyone thinks of posting one. Should go without saying really but have to post it as I know what some are like.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looks like there is a State of Play for this at 9pm.

b82REZ

This is looking very paint by numbers and boring. I wasn't a particularly big Pothead though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think it looks good.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
looks a bit meh but it is going to sell shitloads regardless due to the IP.
Unfortunately, you could say the exact same for about 80% of games and movies made in the last decade.

Minkaro

Combat looked a little dodgy, but it also seems like one of those games you could sink hours and hours into. I'm definitely interested.

RedDevilRoshi

Not really a Harry Potter fan but it looks interesting and will no doubt sell loads due to the fanbase it has. No doubt the wife will want to buy it as it looks something that she’d play.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Never watched or read Harry potter, never been arsed about it. This game hasn't changed my mind. I won't be buying it.

Can understand why people will, the world and castle thing does look interesting.

Tiber

I have wanted a game like this since I was a kid, the movie games were never very good.

Incredibly excited.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looks decent tbf. My gf likes watching me play games and loves Harry Potter so she’ll love this.

sport2793

Wish you started as a first year rather than a 5th year
It would be boring to start as a first year, one wouldn't be able to use a ton of potential spells until playing a number of in-game years (if they wanted to stay true to the books that is). Then again the adventure aspect would be interesting, might be expanded in a DLC.

sport2793

Will be interested to see how they handle unforgivable curses. They showed the killing curse near the end so these probably are included but I would be surprised if could just go around racking up a body count without any consequences.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think the combat looks fun actually. Seems like the type of combat where you can do what you like, be that a simple button mashing or being more clever and using the surroundings to your advantage. Looks pretty flexible.

The big issue I have with these large open world type games is they're all very similar. Same kind of mechanics and same kind of enemies/bosses. The variation on show looks good though.

largelyworried

I have an odd interest in this game because my 9yo is looking forward to it so I’ll probably end up seeing a lot of it even though I won’t play it myself. If it's good looking and well acted I'll be ok with it.

siw2007

Couldn’t really tell from the trailer, but I bet this game would work really well with a P5 calendar based system. The game would always move forward on a day to day basis and would require the player to manage their time effectively.

Tiber

The one negative thing I will say there is more combat in the trailer than I might have expected. In some of the later crap movie games, it felt like Harry was just carrying around an automatic rifle and that felt stupid.

I hope this doesn't go down the same path

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't get how you randomly turn up as a 5th year. Do you transfer from another school or what?

Tiber

I don't get how you randomly turn up as a 5th year. Do you transfer from another school or what?
Maybe he was in a coma or something.

To be honest I like the idea of still getting sorted etc, but skipping playing as an 11 year old. Even if it feels a bit forced

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Undercover cop.
:lol:

Maybe he was in a coma or something.

To be honest I like the idea of still getting sorted etc, but skipping playing as an 11 year old. Even if it feels a bit forced
I don't mind that you start as a 5th year but the way I interpreted it in the video is that you start at Hogwarts as a 5th year rather than being there from 1st year which was weird to me. Would have made more sense if you were there from the start and the story picks up in 5th year but I guess it will be explained more when you get the game.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Chamber of secrets on PS2 was the best. Great game chucking gnomes about and flying around on the broom finding secret passageways etc.
i liked goblet of fire. Mainly because it was co-op so i could play it with my brother.
Looks decent tbf. My gf likes watching me play games and loves Harry Potter so she’ll love this.
do you provide commentary like a let's player?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This looks fantastic. The world outside Hogwarts looks very engaging.