Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Its a good show. Perhaps a bit overrated but certainly worth a watch

Not sure how season 2 will pan out but I have a feeling it will not reach the same heights

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
This show is anything but overrated.
I was disappointed with the climax.

I enjoyed it a loads but a lot of people talk like it is a classic show. I now don't think it is upon reflection.

But I was gripped during the season.

Bear Attack

This show is anything but overrated.
This show basically did a clean sweep of the Emmys and many critics are rating it as the best show of 2011 despite Mad Men having arguably their best season to date. It's a very good popcorn flick but it does not warrant all the praise.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It's better than Mad Men but that doesn't mean much as Mad Men is deadly boring.

Homeland was very good but better than Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones? Big call IMO.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's better than Mad Men but that doesn't mean much as Mad Men is deadly boring.

Homeland was very good but better than Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones? Big call IMO.
Mad men is one of my favourite shows...ever

Cina

That was a hell of a bloody ending...

The phone in the room was a bit silly though.

wr8_utd

:'(
Does Brody even have the required clearance to be in that room at all?

LARulz

I agree about the phone thing being incredibly stupid, should have at least had some soft nonsense scene where the VP goes to the guard at the door that they have no time for that etc. Fantastic ending though

vanthaman

Winner
I was surprise by the ending, would have though that would happen bearer the end of the season, this will be like 24, the memory stick will get corrupted or erased when all he needs to do is upload the video on to the Internet or send it to his phone as a back up

Jonno

I bloody love this program. Some people will not have the same love, but I feel the same I felt for EVERY episode of 24. It's one of those where if you take to the characters and the style of script writing, then even if there is a boring/poor episode, you can still enjoy it just as much because its all part of the bigger picture.

It has filled my 24-void very well, keep them coming please!

Zen

Well it basically is 24 minus the time restraints(no surprise given it's made by the same people with some tweaks), whether it falls to pieces after a few great seasons is another thing. I hope it ends quite early in it's myself, because going on forever is mostly what kills these kind of shows.

Cina

Well it basically is 24 minus the time restraints(no surprise given it's made by the same people with some tweaks), whether it falls to pieces after a few great seasons is another thing. I hope it ends quite early in it's myself, because going on forever is mostly what kills these kind of shows.
No it's not, it's 24 with a proper plot, better dialogue, higher production values and proper character development.

Basically it's not like 24, except for the terrorism thing, it's just a much better show.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I really liked 24 too, but this is the better show. The most recent was super.

I really hope they dont have a third season though

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I suspect there will be a third season of this but Brody will be gone.

Rather than complain already on how they show might be in the future, just enjoy on what is a really good show at the moment. Aside from Breaking Bad, this has been the only show where I could not wait for the next episode already this year.

Cina

I agree, I think they're definitely going down the right path with the second season, no memory loss bullshit where she has to unravel the whole thing again. The ending of the second episode especially left me convinced the series will be good.

Irwin

This show gets better every episode. The daughter is a fantastic actress for her age.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It's nothing like 24 whatsoever, except that it has a running terrorist theme throughout.

Second season has been excellent so far, the direction is so much better than most of us thought it would go in.

Sally Cinnamon

The second episode was class.

Someone refresh my memory though about the memory card? What did we see happen to it in the first season, just Brody dropping it off and nothing else?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If I remember rightly Brody had placed the memory card hidden away in some brook obviously for one of Nazir's contacts to pick up and then spread through the WWW after the suicide explosion. Since it didn't happened I had asumed they were holding it over Brody as leverage but now it's in Saul's hands.

IrishLegend

First episode was a slow set up to the season but EP 2. Wow.

I was thinking 'holy fecking shit' that last minute is what most TV series fail to do in a whole season. Most other shows drag out plotlines like that and 'reveal' at the end of the season when it's fecking obvious it was coming and has no surprise or suspense factor. I never expected them to show the other characters 'that' until alot later.

twitter thread suggester
They better not get out of the reveal in some stupid way.

Bear Attack

Claire Danes is fantastic in this. In the last couple of episodes of last season, I was convinced that she was fecking out of her mind.