Television House MD

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I didn't even notice Cuddy wasn't in it til halfway through this season. She hardly added anything.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
She was the foil for much of what happened. Foreman is a very poor replacement.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The dynamic between House, Cuddy and Wilson was the main backbone of the show. Now that it has been broken so is the show. This season is so bad it shouldn't have been made. Which is a shame because I used to love the show.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He is great but this season is unsavable. Like so many US programs they have gone a season or more beyond the sell by date. Which is a real shame.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I doubt Hugh will be bothered. He's wanted out of LA for years. Hence why they've had to keep paying him such exorbitant amounts.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It doesn't seem to be building up to anything. Well, apart from the Wilson thing out of nowhere. I can see where that's going.

twitter thread suggester
A shame the show is going to end with some pretty predictable and half-arsed storylines in Wilson and the Russian girl, considering what we have been treated with in past season finales.

Still my favorite show and has been since pretty much the beginning, mind you, and it'll be sad to see it end.

EricaNo7

A shame the show is going to end with some pretty predictable and half-arsed storylines in Wilson and the Russian girl, considering what we have been treated with in past season finales.

Still my favorite show and has been since pretty much the beginning, mind you, and it'll be sad to see it end.
Maybe they have something special in store

Amir

A good couple of episodes ahead of the last two. Think it will be a strong end, whatever it is and I'm sure there's some surprise in store.

Brophs

The One and Only
The episode is titled "Everybody dies"

I reckon it will cut forward to Wilson's funeral, House will leave the hospital, Chase will end up with current attractive female doctor after Cameron forgives him for killing a dictator - Worst. Storyline. Ever. - and no one will give a feck about Talb or Park.

Art

Art the artist
I haven't seen the whole show and reading the post above mine was revealing. But if there was one TV character whom I wished was real in real life, it would be Greg House. Hugh Laurie is just pure genius.

Dan

I thought they were going to follow up with who House's father actually is after the recent Billy Conolly episode, but it appears that storyline got dropped.

AVARiCE

I've thoroughly enjoyed 8 seasons of House. He's been my favourite character and it's been my favourite TV show.

I've not even bothered with this thread because it's becoming a stomping ground for people who dislike House to talk about its decline. Something that doesn't appeal to me, particularly because I've found this season to be one of the best things on TV.

However, Brophs is so right. I mean, House has had some amazing season finales and yet this was the show finale? I honestly feel disappointed. I know they don't owe me anything but that was such an emotionless, boring ending. Like the writers got to the biggest episode of them all and choked.

So many errors and points of contention.

I've come to this thread straight after watching it so my disappointment is raw. That, put simply, sucked. It wouldn't even constitute being a good "normal" episode of House, let alone the finale.

twitter thread suggester
I thought the ending was alright, but I very much enjoyed the Swan Song documentary by Hugh Laurie, was a great closure.

Leg-End

The ending

Yeah that was way too Sherlock Holmes for me and the way the whole thing was setup it was pretty obvious too. It's been a great series, the last few seasons were not up to its high standards but nonetheless I enjoyed watching it over the years.

LARulz

That was poor overall. I thought initially it was very good that he 'died' but the whole faking his whole death and everyone else thinking he's dead etc was stupid. Overall I really enjoyed the entire series but that ending was a bit shit

Brophs

The One and Only
Yeah, the 'miraculous' escape from an exploding building was utter tosh, as was the overly-sentimental guff the insisted on filling the rest of the episode with. It deserved better, IMO.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hello. I've come into the thread and scrolled down so I avoid everything.

Warez-bb is down, could somebody be kind enough to pm me a rapidshare link to the last episode? Thanks.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Meh. House or Wilson should have died.

I thought the death was faked but it did seem rather implausible that he got out of there in time. Especially with his limp.

Smores

Very dissapointed with that ending although it was always a show that excelled at dialogue rather than narrative. Considering they probably weren't allowed a depressing ending then I suppose they weren't many ways to conclude, the nature of house made any conclusion difficult. One of the best ever tv characters

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I was very satisfied with the finale - for years I was sure they'd have to end it on a sour note given the nature of the character, but they managed to hit a upbeat note, mixed with the bitter-sweet knowledge of Wilson's condition. Of course I never bought that they'd kill House like that, but it served its purpose.

I thought bringing Stacey back was a good move, certainly minimised the lack of Cuddy. For such a character-driven show, they did well working in past characters - though that may have been the slowest burning and least smoky inferno in history. Swan Song also gave a fascinating insight into the show; good stuff all round.

I accept the last two or three seasons haven't nailed the fantastic heights of previous seasons, but I shall miss the show immensely.

CheadleBeagle

I thought the finale was great; shades of Sherlock Holmes and the faked death etc. Will House survive the death of Wilson? I think that's for each person to interpret themselves and if Sherlock Holmes was brought back maybe House can go back to medicine one day. It was a wonderful series and although the last couple of years were not the best Hugh Laurie was always fantastic and made the show worth watching.