How do you feel about United fans who boo during games?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Mostly I think they are hypocrites.. because I remember the few times that Arsenal fans used to boo and we used to get slated for it. Especially from high and mighty 'proper fans' that generally followed United.
They're booing Wenger. As bad as he's been over the years, he always made top four, and was limited in the market due to that new stadium.

iKeano

How do we feel now?

I'm painting a bed sheet for Sunday. Its time this Dutch clown and Woody got the message.

:devil:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
How do we feel now?

I'm painting a bed sheet for Sunday. Its time this Dutch clown and Woody got the message.

:devil:
Hopefully you're going to the game and not watching it in a pub :)

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
for match going fans who spend a huge portion of their earnings on a club already making money like no other in any sport on the planet, a bit of booing is hardly a problem. boo as long and as loud as you can.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When you're an OTT who gets to watch matches for a low fee on his comfy living room couch, I just don't understand what could give me the "right" to criticize fans who boo. I can agree or disagree with it but I cannot judge.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Those sitting in the seats near where Van Gaal will be walking towards the dugouts really should give him hell.

Living in the past, feck the fecker. He's the one talking up achievements from 21 years ago.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
After the 'my methods are working' jab, booing is the least thing the manager should expect

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
This will be interesting if it stays like this. I'm kinda hoping West Ham score one or two more, OT really will be on fire then.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They pay their money and are entitled to.

I'm also entitled to think they're twats for their treatment of Fellaini.

mark_a

The fans do a lot during games. Sometimes it directly contradicts other things they've done during the same game. It's in the moment. Anyone who attends games will understand that. So the same fans that cheer, shout & chant for the team for 89 mins a game, will get noticed for the short booing that they might do on the final whistle. It's just that contradiction where fans can be smart/clever/funny sometimes and stupid at others. But ultimately in the clickbait culture, that 1 min or less of booing will be the subject of discussion on 606.

Fans will be judged by what's heard on TV coverage, which is subject to a lot of factors. I've heard commentators say stuff like "you can hear the home fans in good voice" when it's clearly the sound of our away fans. Being at the game & hearing it is another thing altogether.

At some point I chipped in on another thread like this & it seemed to have degenerated into who were "better" fans, those who actually go to games & those who watch at home. But I'd say that if you go, you're entitled to do what you want. You're paying and the majority of time getting totally behind the team.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I was at a basketball game the other day. Final day of the season, relegation battle, whoever loses gets relegated. The crowd was really up for it and the stadium was packed even 1 hour before the game started. The home team really bottled it and lost by 25 points in the end.

In the final 2 minutes, the fans turned on the team, booing every player, cheering when the away team scored. One of the home team players got angry and started showing the middle finger to the crowd.

Now I understand that it's demoralizing for player to have to endure your own fans turning against you and believe me the scenes weren't that pretty, but I kind of understand the fans' point of view.

They've been waiting for this game for weeks, building it up on TV, home team players saying they'll destroy them, they've paid money and time to go to this game and even arrived hours before the match starts just to start cheering on their team.

I remembered our situation when I was at that game. It must be incredibly demoralizing for the players when we boo them, but the fan's do have a right to express their own opinion if the team is playing like shit for weeks and weeks. What I think is the booing should be directed right at the manager. If you're upset about 1 person, why should the whole team be affected by it?

Crashoutcassius

I guess there's no 'better or worse' fans because fans pay money to go to the stadium. I guess fans just have different characteristics. Fans of liverpool seem very dedicated to supporting their club and being optimistic to the point that everyone else laughs at them. But I admire that. I always assume united fans would be that way, and the away support mostly seem to be, but the home support aren't and I guess I'm disappointed even though I'm not telling people what to do with their money

pacifictheme

I guess there's no 'better or worse' fans because fans pay money to go to the stadium. I guess fans just have different characteristics. Fans of liverpool seem very dedicated to supporting their club and being optimistic to the point that everyone else laughs at them. But I admire that. I always assume united fans would be that way, and the away support mostly seem to be, but the home support aren't and I guess I'm disappointed even though I'm not telling people what to do with their money
Thats a myth mate. They booed roy plenty and leave early like everyone else.

The tv channels love to project that image of liverpool, always showing them singing YAWN before a match, but at home to united they get out sung like everyone else while the match being played.

As for fans booing. Match going fans spend a fortune and dedicate loads of time to match days. If they want to boo, they have every right.

Crashoutcassius

The tv channels love to project that image of liverpool, always showing them singing YAWN before a match, but at home to united they get out sung like everyone else while the match being played.

As for fans booing. Match going fans spend a fortune and dedicate loads of time to match days. If they want to boo, they have every right.
So you feel the exact same as me, they have the right to boo.

I'm just saying our home fans are typically quieter and more likely to boo than other fans around the country. I've watched a lot of football and met a lot of fans and formed that opinion.

pacifictheme

I'm just saying our home fans are typically quieter and more likely to boo than other fans around the country. I've watched a lot of football and met a lot of fans and formed that opinion.
I would say newcastle, sunderland and villa fans are all more likely to boo. Roy got less than half a season and got booed out of liverpool. Chelsea fans hated benitez and acted like mentalists at times. Rarely does a manager last as long as lvg through periods of such under acheivement. I don't think we boo more than anyone else really, maybe a little more more recently but lvg has deserved it. Strange opinion really.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
They've absolutely got the right to boo at LVG. He's been there long enough & fecked up enough to justify more than a few boo-urns.

RaptorSlo

I don't get that "great atmosphere" at Anfield hype from media / commentators.

So they have a song sang on speakers and fans join in for what 10 seconds, and sing YAWN once at end if winning. But during the rest of the match the stadiums sounds pretty silent for most games.

Reactions: Rood

Crashoutcassius

I would say newcastle, sunderland and villa fans are all more likely to boo. Roy got less than half a season and got booed out of liverpool. Chelsea fans hated benitez and acted like mentalists at times. Rarely does a manager last as long as lvg through periods of such under acheivement. I don't think we boo more than anyone else really, maybe a little more more recently but lvg has deserved it. Strange opinion really.
I didn't say anything about chelsea newcastle sunderland. Don't make up an opinion to give to me and then say it's bizarre. Liverpool fans create a better atmosphere, games I've been at this year our atmosphere has been appalling. Our aways fans still do a good job. That's a simple opinion and I'm mentioning it because I'm surprised that our fans went that direction when the going got tough - even though I believe they can do what they want

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Is booing going to help? No. Is booing in fact going to be detrimental to the team? Probably. But none the less, fans pay money. They dedicate time to the games. It might not be the best "support" for the team, but they have a right to boo and I don't think it makes them bad for doing so.

Plus who can blame them with a slug like LVG in charge.

pacifictheme

I didn't say anything about chelsea newcastle sunderland. Don't make up an opinion to give to me and then say it's bizarre. Liverpool fans create a better atmosphere, games I've been at this year our atmosphere has been appalling. Our aways fans still do a good job. That's a simple opinion and I'm mentioning it because I'm surprised that our fans went that direction when the going got tough - even though I believe they can do what they want
:lol: i was using newcastle and chelsea of examples where other fans are worse than ours. Never said it was your opinion. Chill mate.

Ultimately all football fans are pretty similar. The going got tough under moyes and they were patient for a long time. Things got no better under lvg and the football worse, so i can see why things have gone downhill.

NoLogo

Is booing going to help? No. Is booing in fact going to be detrimental to the team? Probably. But none the less, fans pay money. They dedicate time to the games. It might not be the best "support" for the team, but they have a right to boo and I don't think it makes them bad for doing so.

Plus who can blame them with a slug like LVG in charge.
I totally agree with you. Add to the whole situation that the fans pretty much supported the team for 1 1/2 year through shite football and only recently started the booing and sarcastic celebrations when we had a shot on goal. If the fans had jumped on the back of the team after 2 or 3 weeks I would have said it's rather a dick move but these guys sat through so many shitty games, watching a team that often looked like it couldn't be arsed to run a mile, so I think their frustration with the manager and the players is somewhat justified at this point.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
We have lasted a long time to be fair. It's been pretty shoddy for over 2 years now and the signs of progress are next to none. I'm not surprised at all and am in fact actually impressed about how long we lasted.

Also, this opinion you have of Anfield is a total myth. Their support is no better than ours at all. You have to compare like with like. You can't compare atmosphere when Klopp is giving cause for optimism against LVG who is an anti-anti-depressant. Perhaps look at the atmosphere at Anfield when Roy was there, and you'll realise.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I think our fans are very patient and have got behind the new managers initially despite not necessarily being happy with the appointment.

Crashoutcassius

We have lasted a long time to be fair. It's been pretty shoddy for over 2 years now and the signs of progress are next to none. I'm not surprised at all and am in fact actually impressed about how long we lasted.

Also, this opinion you have of Anfield is a total myth. Their support is no better than ours at all. You have to compare like with like. You can't compare atmosphere when Klopp is giving cause for optimism against LVG who is an anti-anti-depressant. Perhaps look at the atmosphere at Anfield when Roy was there, and you'll realise.
I'm allowed have my opinion

iKeano

Valencia fans chanted "Gary, vete ya" (go now) during their last defeat.... He was sacked within hours.

Time for Utd fans to climb down off our moral "we're not a sacking club" high horse and call this Dutch fraud out at OT instead of applauding him off the pitch as if it makes them better supporters than the disgruntled fans.

I detest the man.

JohnnyKills

Valencia fans chanted "Gary, vete ya" (go now) during their last defeat.... He was sacked within hours.

Time for Utd fans to climb down off our moral "we're not a sacking club" high horse and call this Dutch fraud out at OT instead of applauding him off the pitch as if it makes them better supporters than the disgruntled fans.

I detest the man.
I think he's gone already mate, given the Mourinho reports.

I agree about the 't0p red' stuff though, it doesn't achieve anything apart from enlarge the ego of the happy-clapper.

JohnnyKills

I totally agree with you. Add to the whole situation that the fans pretty much supported the team for 1 1/2 year through shite football and only recently started the booing and sarcastic celebrations when we had a shot on goal. If the fans had jumped on the back of the team after 2 or 3 weeks I would have said it's rather a dick move but these guys sat through so many shitty games, watching a team that often looked like it couldn't be arsed to run a mile, so I think their frustration with the manager and the players is somewhat justified at this point.
Completely agree. Patience has to have its limits, and there's no point backing something you've lost belief in. You wouldn't do it in any other walk of life, would you?

Noone keeps going back to a restaurant if the food's crap, or going back to the car dealership that sells them a succession of dodgy motors. Supporters shouldn't be expected to abandon their senses for their football team.

iKeano

I think he's gone already mate, given the Mourinho reports.

I agree about the 't0p red' stuff though, it doesn't achieve anything apart from enlarge the ego of the happy-clapper.
I truly hope there's fire under the Mourinho smoke. He might not be the answer, but Van Gaal certainly isn't. I care not for his past glories either, its the here and now Utd fans (and board) should be judging him on & the football is pitiful 95% of the time which is an embarrassing return on his investment. A complete fraud!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bumping this because it has become relevant again. Got no problem with fans booing. Paying fans have the right to express themselves. Fair play to them for not being satisfied by mediocrity.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Bumping this because it has become relevant again. Got no problem with fans booing. Paying fans have the right to express themselves. Fair play to them for not being satisfied by mediocrity.
Why didn't they boo the whole team then and just singled out Young?