How is Rooney still in our first 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Much better tonight. But we have more players who are better then him in the hole,.and should be starting ahead of him.

Last edited:

Mindhunter

Horrible horrible performance. He absolutely stinks the place up he really does.

Yes he chipped the ball into the box and Ibra turned it into a goal, fantastic.

90 mins of jogging around the pitch at half speed, doing sod all. Without him we are such a more dynamic squad.
Today is not the day :nono:

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Was still our worst player despite the cross for the goal. Imagine how good we would be if Mkhitaryan took his place.

stepic

Wasn't too bad tonight. I want him out of the team as much as anyone but he wasn't as bad. Maybe because he didn't see as much of the ball with Pogba dominating.

WhoDaGOAT

I thought he was the obvious weak link tonight. His close control is embarrassing.

Apart from a half decent cross for the opener and one good pass to set Martial away, he contributed little.

I'm nervous when I see him on the ball.

spwd

Wasn't too bad tonight. I want him out of the team as much as anyone but he wasn't as bad. Maybe because he didn't see as much of the ball with Pogba dominating.
True but I believe we would still be better with miki instead of Rooney, no real complaints today but we just have better players, hopefully Jose will keep subbing him and phase him into a sub/cover but I believe once that happens he won't get back in.

El Zoido

He's too slow in every aspect of his game. Cross for the goal was very good, but it's a bit of an irrelevance really.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I only saw the second half. Every time an attack broke down it was Rooney being dispossessed. Shame that when we finally give Mhki some minutes it'll be Mata or Martial that suffer.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Oh come on he didn't play well enough to be the n10 in this team. Yes he had an assist and 1 shot on target, he also lost the ball and misplaced his passes numerous times.

Much rather have Pogba playing a bit higher on his position and partner Fellaini with Herrera behind him. Mata or Mkhitaryan on Rooney's position would also be much better no doubt.

He keeps being the piece that just won't fit in the puzzle.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He wasn't atrocious by any means but he wasn't that great either. Seems to me that there's going to be a press sh#tstorm sooner or later because Jose select Mkhitaryan ahead of him. But no-one is going to disagree when he does.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Yes, I think this explains the difference.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Excuse for what? His good performance today?
Jesus wept. The standards haven't half fecking slipped if that was a good performance. I'll give you 'not as shite as last week' but certainly not 'good'.

Brightonian

Ibra seemed unsure of what to say when asked about Rooney's "excellent" performance today:lol: He was like, "he's our captain and helps us off the field" lol
To point out one saving grace for Rooney's performance, Ibra was probably the one player who made it hard for Rooney rather than vice-versa. He kept trying to lay it off to him and not quite getting it right. A lot of them would have been rescued by a fast, sharp player like Mkhitaryan, but Rooney didn't have a hope.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He was ok today. Better than last week but were definitely better without him in the team. He's slow, his touch isnt great and he shunts out attacks. His assist was good as he had acres of space, but otherwise he wasn't great.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The dilemma for starters should be between Rooney and Mata, not Mata and Mhiky. 3 of our front four today was either slow, small, or both. No bueno.

We'll have trouble against top teams when they can just blitzkreig down our right flank...

RedTiger

Half mast
I've always believed that Rooney has been on the slide since 2010-2011, I've no hate for the man because he obviously has contributed to us over the last 12 years but he really really shouldn't be an automatic starter.

In fact I would be happy if Rooney signed a new contract with us, just as long as he accepts a squad role with no more than 20 full games a season. He can still offer us something special, it's just that I'd rather see it coming off the bench.

He hasn't been that bad. He was better than Martial, that's for sure. Still one of our best 11.

itso 7

A player shouldn't have to play himself out of the team imo, if there is someone better you just drop them and put someone else there. The question should be; are we a better team with someone else in? Not is he shit enough to sit on the bench.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I think apart from Zlatan's first goal (which was from Rooney's pass as well) he was worse than Rooney tonight (Martial's first half was also way worse). I don't think this place would be any different if Rooney scored one header and a penalty and then was pretty crap the rest of the game, he would get his usual bashings with the added "too bad he scored because now he won't be dropped for another 5 games".
But since it was Zlatan who scored everyone just turns a blind eye to the rest of his performance and thinks he had an amazing overall game. Pretty sad really.

Pogba dominating? I've seen a lot of posts like that, but Rooney actually contributed more to the game, didn't he? If Pogba didn't play we still would have won 2-0, of Rooney didn't play then I'm not sure.

Sir A1ex

Good performance tonight. Signs that Jose may have an idea how to get the best out of him. It'll never be truly world class, but he can still be a very good player for us potentially. Plus,whatever we think of him, the squad seem pretty genuine in their praise for him as captain.

PepsiCola

Pogba dominating? I've seen a lot of posts like that, but Rooney actually contributed more to the game, didn't he? If Pogba didn't play we still would have won 2-0, of Rooney didn't play then I'm not sure.
Seeing a post like this makes me question ones understanding of football.

Dinghy

He had a decent game, but we'd look so much better with Mkhi as a 10. One good cross don't change that.

RedTiger

Half mast
I think apart from Zlatan's first goal (which was from Rooney's pass as well) he was worse than Rooney tonight (Martial's first half was also way worse). I don't think this place would be any different if Rooney scored one header and a penalty and then was pretty crap the rest of the game, he would get his usual bashings with the added "too bad he scored because now he won't be dropped for another 5 games".
But since it was Zlatan who scored everyone just turns a blind eye to the rest of his performance and thinks he had an amazing overall game. Pretty sad really.
Thats because zlatan is an unknown quantity for united in the Prem, we don't know what to expect with him so maybe next game he'll score again.

Rooney is a known quantity at this club, regardless of whether he scored today, we all know that it's no indication of his future performances.

Moonred

:lol:
Sorry but he was shocking all game. What did he contribute apart from 1 easy cross? People's standards have got so low these days.
Nah. He was alright today. Nothing praiseworthy, but was fine.

Rossa

That was a shocking post. Pogba had more passes interceptions and what not than any other United player. Rooney had one cross, albeit a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.