How to get Glazers out of Manchester United

Morpheus 7

Completely agree with this. The Glazers and Ed only listen to their sponsors. If our sponsors start getting target by the fans they will put pressure on Ed/Glazers. How do we do this?
Simply talk to every United fan you know, better in person but online can make a difference. Refuse to buy any merchandise, if your mate does don't have a go but explain maybe why they shouldn't going forward. It's talking about it, if a boycott United merchandise took on I can guarantee it would be picked up upon by them. Much more than unsubscribing to a you tube channel or club app.

Sereques

@Morpheus 7
Based on the last annual report Merchandise and sales was £102M. That is not enough to hurt, they will generate that amount elsewhere.

2) how do we mobilize the fans?

Womp

idiot
In the grand scheme of things, unless a very large portion of the fanbase was going to band together and try to incite change, nothing we will do will do anything. That whole #glazerout movement is basically completely forgotten about now and it achieved feck all.

We're stuck with them

Sereques

In the grand scheme of things, unless a very large portion of the fanbase was going to band together and try to incite change, nothing we will do will do anything. That whole #glazerout movement is basically completely forgotten about now and it achieved feck all.

We're stuck with them

I don’t believe we’re stuck. There is a way out, we are not seeing it yet.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It’s the beginning of the end for them. The club is heavily leveraged with a non constructive debt. It’s not a problem now, but miss the CL this season and the Adidas deal drops by 30m a year. Plus the 40-60m a season from CL participation. Other sponsors start to follow suit and scale back investment for a non CL club. The next shirt deal is then worth less than the current. Now requires massive investment to get the club back to the top....Once the cycle starts, the club is so rotten, it’ll spiral out of control. All the whole the stadium will continue to fall apart, and United will get eclipsed by City and Liverpool in revenue.

That can all honestly happen within 5 years. Just look at the trends. The longer the Glazers hold the asset now, the bigger risk I think it is.

A buyer should target each inbred Glazer child individually. I’m fairly sure a couple of the kids want out. Need to sow discord amongst these dirty Yanks and smash their strangle hold on the club. fecking cnuts. The lot of them.

In the short term, the fans have to actually stand up and be counted. We need organised demonstrations. We need to make Woodward and the Glazers feel unwelcome in their own stadium. Make the LUHG brand bigger than the club. The global fan base will lap it up, because they all want to belong to something. That’s why they support united in the first place.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If I had 2 billion more I 'd try to buy United. Realistically though it's about someone offering enough money, probably the Saudi's.

Morpheus 7

@Morpheus 7
Based on the last annual report Merchandise and sales was £102M. That is not enough to hurt, they will generate that amount elsewhere.

2) how do we mobilize the fans?
I know inside the ground must generate way more over 30 plus games a season. This combined with merchandise is going to be noticed. They are not going to feel it overnight, they will notice a decline over a season and will get nervous. Sponsor's will dry up with money in the next few years if the team aren't doing well. The tv money isn't going to continue for years either. This bubble will crash a little in the next few years.

On the base level a boycott makes a huge difference. The green and gold campaign tried but was too short term. If the prophits drop a bit over the next few years they will sell. It's a difference knowing you aren't wanted and the fans boycotting the brand. I encourage all types if demonstrations but it's the money that will work them. They aren't going to keep the club forever and in this five years is peak time to sell. They need to see a hit on growth, simple as.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
One of the Glazer's needs to be showered with a McDonalds milkshake to get the ball rolling.

ThinkTank@Cafe

We build a trust. Every fan contributes minimum $10 per membership and we should have about $5 bn to buy the club. Who is in?
I hope this will not turn out to be just another discussion of unrealistic things and moaning.

I propose the following steps:

1. Elect a person who would set up and control a separate “United Action Team” account.

2. Open “United Action Team” thread with restricted access. Entering ticket - 10 US dollars (10 posts). Unlimited posting will cost 100 US dollars. (I pledge first donation of 100 dollars). Those who contribute their professional knowledge and skills don’t have to donate.

3. Identify corporate lawyers among us who would guide the Team in setting up MU Buyout SPV.

4. Identify media professionals among us who would guide the Team in reaching our famous supporters and supporters in general. Wealthy fans are the most desirable target group.

5. Start a YouTube Channel, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

6. Reach 200k in donations to finance establishing an SPV (80-100K) and to fund our media outlets.

7. Put pressure on club valuation by undermining its ticket revenues. This requires a separate strategy.

8. Get as much publicity as possible.

My plan is very raw. Let’s discuss and make it workable.

Roger100449

I want realistic discussions on how we can get the Glazers out of this club. I’m not about hashtags or retweets. I don’t believe the Glazers will pack up leave because #Glazersout is trending, they might be considering how to make money from it. I don’t believe the club will stop getting sponsors because #woodwardout is trending.

We need a plan to get the leeches out. Personally, I think the most viable option is for another owner to buy the club from them. An offer of £4.5B-£5B should see them sell. The question is who will be willing to pay that much for Manchester United? Rich people prefer to buy a smaller club and spend money on it, Manchester United appears too big.

Another option is boycotting games and merchandise. Is it possible to mobilize all the fans to a common goal and save this club?

Let me know what you guys think.
The only way is an income damaging strategy. The Glazers don't care as long as club value isn't being damaged, so that is where to hit and damage them and make it difficult ongoing. They don't care, - they only see us as mugs who pay and provide background noise and atmosphere. We have to unsettle the Glazers\Woodwards relationship with sponsors.
Here's an idea:-
1:. As many Man Utd forums as possible have to work together. Glazers don't want this.
2: Develop a short, easy to chant but very poisonous and damaging chant - something like '..Glazers Shite...' - which is repeated as loudly as possible at specific times - MU will try to drown it with tannoy broadcast but they are limited by regulation. They cannot keep broadcast going through the match
3:. The chant should be developed or be changed with names of sponsors. They most definitely don't want this picking up on TV or social media around the world. Sponsors will be angry and make Man Utd know it.
4: Sponsors are the key, they'll make their feelings about the chants very clear and link the Glazers as being the cause.
4: Mild outside the ground demonstration against a sponsors name or products linked to that of the Glazers.
61 years of being a fan and a paying supporter, - even through the Frank O'Farrell years - and it's the Glazers that have brought me to this level of anger! -

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I want realistic discussions on how we can get the Glazers out of this club. I’m not about hashtags or retweets. I don’t believe the Glazers will pack up leave because #Glazersout is trending, they might be considering how to make money from it. I don’t believe the club will stop getting sponsors because #woodwardout is trending.

We need a plan to get the leeches out. Personally, I think the most viable option is for another owner to buy the club from them. An offer of £4.5B-£5B should see them sell. The question is who will be willing to pay that much for Manchester United? Rich people prefer to buy a smaller club and spend money on it, Manchester United appears too big.

Another option is boycotting games and merchandise. Is it possible to mobilize all the fans to a common goal and save this club?

Let me know what you guys think.
I'd give up if I was you as there is absolutely nothing you or anybody else can do unless you can somehow get hold of all the season ticket holders details(names and addresses), and then kidnap each and every one of them before every home match - hope i'm not giving you ideas.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
The forum is a joke this morning. Everybody complaining about lack of spending. Just look at the stats for the last 5 years. We've blown most European clubs out of the water and wasted ridiculous amounts of cash on non performing players, managers and coaches.
It's about time we hit the reset button and took a more sensible approach to team building which is what Ole will try and do.
Stop blaming the Glazers and Woodward and instil some positivity into the current bunch of players we have.
Stop following the anti united media circus that is permanently spinning a negative agenda.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The forum is a joke this morning. Everybody complaining about lack of spending. Just look at the stats for the last 5 years. We've blown most European clubs out of the water and wasted ridiculous amounts of cash on non performing players, managers and coaches.
It's about time we hit the reset button and took a more sensible approach to team building which is what Ole will try and do.
Stop blaming the Glazers and Woodward and instil some positivity into the current bunch of players we have.
Stop following the anti united media circus that is permanently spinning a negative agenda.
It's not just about spending. It's about their shit scatter gun approach to the infrastructure and transfers. Who gives a shit how much they spend if most of it is a waste of money?

The One and Only

I hope this will not turn out to be just another discussion of unrealistic things and moaning.

I propose the following steps:

1. Elect a person who would set up and control a separate “United Action Team” account.

2. Open “United Action Team” thread with restricted access. Entering ticket - 10 US dollars (10 posts). Unlimited posting will cost 100 US dollars. (I pledge first donation of 100 dollars). Those who contribute their professional knowledge and skills don’t have to donate.

3. Identify corporate lawyers among us who would guide the Team in setting up MU Buyout SPV.

4. Identify media professionals among us who would guide the Team in reaching our famous supporters and supporters in general. Wealthy fans are the most desirable target group.

5. Start a YouTube Channel, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

6. Reach 200k in donations to finance establishing an SPV (80-100K) and to fund our media outlets.

7. Put pressure on club valuation by undermining its ticket revenues. This requires a separate strategy.

8. Get as much publicity as possible.

My plan is very raw. Let’s discuss and make it workable.
It is a start. There are plenty of people who believe there is nothing we can do, but trying is better than doing nothing and complaining about how far we have fallen

There are millions of United fans all over the world who love the club with all their heart. This is OUR club. Fans have a voice. The first step is to put our heads together and figure out a long term strategy to get those leeches out of our club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can the whole club not be listed on the stock exchange with someone buying majority of the controlling shares. Essentially they wouldn’t have to own the whole club to decide what happens football & business wise?

Or are they looking for a price way above market value?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The absolute state of this website right now hahaha!

Didn’t make 4,5,6 signings so we want the owners out and we’re gonna finish 7-10th

The hysteria. Jesus wept.

Imagine if you guys were Liverpool fans who have gone YEARS without winning anything or god forbid for some of you, your local league 1 or League 2 teams. I don’t think you would be able to handle it!

ThinkTank@Cafe

I am excited about the new season, the changes Ole brought to the team, encouraged by team performances in the preseason, and like our new transfer strategy. I see a good level of cooperation between the board and Ole.

Yesterday I made a post on how United “fans” hate supporting United. Was attacked immediately by our sophisticated justice seekers.

Today I proposed a plan to really DO something to put the owners under pressure.

Now prepare for the “Caring fans” brigade to pretend that this thread doesn’t exist or nothing can be done and continue bullshitting about transfers, Woodward, valuation, blah-blah. Worthless bunch.

Supporting the club, the team and manager, enjoying being a United fan and DOING something to increase fans power is not different camps as entitled ones to try to preach. Power of the club = Power of active Supporters. Owners are just middlemen taking the financial spread.

Last edited:

Eleven-Eighteen

Why can't we get a nasty Woodward chant going in OT. He may be a thick skinned prick but at least we can revel in the joy of him having to sit there and listen to a stadium full of fans shit talking him

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why can't we get a nasty Woodward chant going in OT. He may be a thick skinned prick but at least we can revel in the joy of him having to sit there and listen to a stadium full of fans shit talking him
Woodward may not be everyones cup of tea but doing this is just deplorable, bullying him won’t solve anything.

It’s clear Ole is working with Woodward on players who he wants and not superstar signings that we’ve tried to sign and either get and fail or fail to get them.

I’m glad United don’t want these superstar signings who *dont want to play for the club* and would rather play for money.

About everyone got their agendas straight and support the club instead of bashing it because you didn’t get a shiny new toy

stevoc

Only chance is some oil rich Arab or a Chinese billionaire. Problem is many of our fans don't want either and it's 50/50 where either would pass the Premier's Fit and Proper test for owners.
That test is purely a financial one, if they have enough money to buy United then they will pass it with flying colours.

Lets not forget Abramovich, Shinawatra and Mansour all passed it no problem.

LeftyBlaster

@Sereques fair play to you for creating a constructive thread how to do this. I was going to create a thread this afternoon about this, wanting the dust to set on this window.

Like most or the majority of United fans I want the Glazers gone, enough is enough now. They have took a hand out the supporters for long enough. They have shamelessly whored out the name to make profit without reinvesting. Everyone is well aware how much has been taken out of the club. It not only hasn't been in to refurbish the stadium which is well overdue, that's the minimum regarding the stadium. What we should have now is Old Trafford modernized with a capacity of 100,000. The investment is now being cut on the pitch. We can argue that we spent loads of money but just spent it wrong. That's not true considering over the average since they took over now The bottom line is the club is in debt and under investment is clearly being seen. We all know Fergie hid the eternal problems for years. The amount of money we generate annually, this should not be happening.

My solution is encourage them to sell from a boycott of merchandise. Money and drop in profits is the only language they know, they clearly don't care about the long term future of the club. A complete boycott of any United merchandise and Adidas related products. This includes jerseys, hoodies, shorts socks ect... everything. Then at Old Trafford buy nothing in the stadium. Beer, snacks a fecking United pie, the lot. There is no point saying give up your season ticket. There are supporters who waited years and possibly a decade to see support the club weekly at Old Trafford. For every person that gives up his ticket there will be 10 minimum waiting to take it. It's not realistic and the atmosphere is poor enough at the ground. I'm not a season ticket holder by the way, I get over from Ireland as much as I can. The market in certain parts of the world are going to buy jerseys regardless, all they need is to see a noticeable decline in Europe and the UK. I wanted to buy there jersey this year and so did two members of my family. We were that disgusted in the last few years and have enough, we literally said let's see what the Glazers spend again this Summer. We have all decided that's it, no hoodies, vintage jerseys or even a pair of socks for astro turf that's it. I honestly feel the Glazers are now stealing from the club and the fans. As my cousin said yesterday only an absolute dickhed would be anti Glazer and keep buying now. It's reached that point. I'm not saying me and two others are going to make a difference. I do think the existential philosophy of one can change someone else's view and that view and that can have a ripple effect. I know this has been spoke about before. If even half the red cafe encouraged a boycott it will be picked up on. I know loads of people that still read this forum, that aren't members.

It's all about talking about it and trying to make steps to stand against them. This Glazer regime has bled that absolute heart out of the club. The fan base seems more fractured and disillusioned than ever. I know there are people in here that will be cynical to this idea, saying you and a few friends will achieve nothing with the size if the clubs fanbase ect. The fact is I'm trying and others are saying enough is enough. Why should we give you money if your not going to reinvest it when we need it most. Some have accepted United's fall and say that's the way it is. I refuse to believe the owners can't be doing more than this. Hundreds of million taken in every year to a full to a full stadium and we get regular transfer windows with this netspend, it's very much you spend then I will. Everyone that chooses to continue on buying away that's fine, just don't be a hypocrite when speaking about the Glazers then.
Yea this pretty much, Unfortunately the problem with this approach (which is the only real approach I agree) is that it requires such a huge number of fans doing it on a consistent basis. Even not turning for games would send a pretty strong message.

Red Royal

We aren't very different to the Newcastle situation with Ashley. He is very thick skinned, and just wont sell at a loss purely because he is fed up.
Their fans have tried boycotts and demonstrations with really, very little affect.
Unfortunately unless as has been said we get a good offer from some rich billionaire the Glazers are here to stay. They've got Woodward in as a yes man, and Jose must have been a bit of a pain to them - they will much prefer Ole at the wheel.

This is football though, its time for some actual coaching, scouting and man management - we just cant throw money at the problem. We are not Man City/PSG and shouldn't try to compete with them in a business sense unless or until a new owner comes along.

Morpheus 7

Yea this pretty much, Unfortunately the problem with this approach (which is the only real approach I agree) is that it requires such a huge number of fans doing it on a consistent basis. Even not turning for games would send a pretty strong message.
Yeah but I know I'm not the only boycotting merchandise properly now. I know a few United fans that have had enough, they may as well be stealing from everyone. Everything starts off small, starts with recognizing it and saying no and talking about it. You can go to the games to support the team but don't buy nothing inside the ground. It's achievable, I really think it is. It will be noticed and put doubt and pressure on even if half the people did it.

PTSTSL

Just wait.

Their management of the entire football operation is so poor it won't support their business even in the medium term.

Once players prefer Spurs to us you know the brand is failing.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You cant really want your fans to boycott games and protest in Ole's first full season when he is trying to blood 3-4 youth players into the first team?

The Glazer's wont sell while they are making a profit and don't have to pay off any of the capital debt.

11reds

While the players on the field need to be supported particularly the younger players fans need to make their feelings know.

Flying the banner over the stadium targeting the glazers and Woodward is very effective.

Also if United fans were to do up memes targeting our sponsors the message might not be long going back to the powers that be that current regime is not fit for purpose.

Really want the young players to do well but the club are in trouble while Woodward and co are in charge.

Canuckred64

That test is purely a financial one, if they have enough money to buy United then they will pass it with flying colours.

Lets not forget Abramovich, Shinawatra and Mansour all passed it no problem.
That's not good, I thought there was some ethics or moral componen to it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It would take mass protests for a long time and frankly most of our fan-base don't care enough to do that.

stevoc

That's not good, I thought there was some ethics or moral componen to it.
Given the name of the test it’s easy to get that impression. But the Premier League really only care about money.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I want people to stop making threads about something already being discussed in half a dozen threads about the same subject.

clarkydaz

of course it would, but those tickets have been paid for. A walkout during games would be big news mediawise and reach around the world very quickly. hell people were leaving 15mins before the end during LVGs 2nd season