How would the players and fans react tomorrow if the board backs Ole?

Deery

Dreary
This is a great example of why sacking the manager does not solve the problem. You have no plan and are likely to leave us worse off both short term and long term. You can sack the manager, but don't shit the bed in doing so.
Your not shitting the bed if it’s an improvement on what is happening right now, I don’t see how bringing in a manger to make the correct decisions is a example of getting rid of Ole. It’s been 3 years and nothing the perfect manager isn’t going to appear tomorrow.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I wouldn't blame anyone for sacking Ole tomorrow, but it is pointless without a replacement lined up. I don't want Phelan, McKenna or Carrick managing us for a number of games. Sacking the manager is the easy part.
It’s not easy. It’s quite a costly and drastic step.But it needs doing.

croadyman

Wonder what the hell it would take if a 5-0 drubbing at home to your bitterest rivals is considered acceptable for the board

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Your not shitting the bed if it’s an improvement on what is happening right now, I don’t see how bringing in a manger to make the correct decisions is a example of getting rid of Ole. It’s been 3 years and nothing the perfect manager isn’t going to appear tomorrow.
There's nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest that Carrick or Fletcher are better equipped to manage Manchester United right now.

Deery

Dreary
There's nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest that Carrick or Fletcher are better equipped to manage Manchester United right now.
They’d only be caretaker manager for two or three games, Zidane already said he wants the job and it’s clear as day Ole hasn’t got it in him.

Lebowski

Just remember that if it wasn’t for foreign fans, United wouldn’t be the financial juggernaut that it is, darling. The moment United stop signing sponsorship deals all over the world, doing tours in faraway places, and happily collecting tv revenue from overseas fans, I’ll happily stop giving my opinion about United and its match going fans.

Until then, stay in your lane and stop telling people what to do and not to do.

Next.
It's not about overseas fans vs local fans. There's fans from all over the world who have sacrificed far more time and money than I have going to watch United.

It's about having some class and not behaving like an entitled crybaby screaming 'Ole out' on Twitter and taking pot shots at match going reds for not being sufficiently vitriolic and frothing, despite the fact that the online warriors have never been to Old Trafford in their lives.

Not saying that you're necessarily doing this, just pointing out the divergence.

Teja

They have to give us something. We can't find a better caretaker than Ole but you have to say he's leaving at the end of the season or something like that.

Jacko21

I’ll probably just crack on with my week and then sit down to watch United on Saturday evening.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's not about overseas fans vs local fans. There's fans from all over the world who have sacrificed far more time and money than I have going to watch United.

It's about having some class and not behaving like an entitled crybaby screaming 'Ole out' on Twitter and taking pot shots at match going reds for not being sufficiently vitriolic and frothing, despite the fact that the online warriors have never been to Old Trafford in their lives.

Not saying that you're necessarily doing this, just pointing out the divergence.
And here we can see a proper convert of the church of Ole. United's PR are definitely getting a bonus after their absolute masterclass of making our fans turn against other fans who actually remember what it is to have standards.

MUFC OK

It’s out of our hands. It’s criminal to keep Ole after that performance and but the glazers have never been happier with a manager post SAF. If he doesn’t go this week he’s here until top 4 is impossible.

It’s humiliating for us as fans but I see no way out. Protests calling for ole’s head will never happen, such is his standing at the club. We need this change now, OGS needs putting out of his misery.

FatTails

All I was saying was that it’s bizarre that someone’s thought after today’s game was to run to Ole to get an autograph or whatever they were doing.

I am not saying they should attack him like the Barca fans did to Koeman (I’d never want to see shit like that anywhere, let alone at United).

But again you seem to be insinuating that someone being to Old Trafford gives them a bit more leeway of what they can and can’t do or say. What I am saying is that as long as the club is happy to indirectly take someone’s tv subscription money somewhere in a developing country to fund its operations (including them fancy new players and their big wages that the match going fans love to demand), then be ok with them expressing an opinion without ever going to Old Trafford.

Enigma_87

You know who

Not being in UK now or not being ST holder now doesn't mean you weren't in the past. Besides it's not like being a matchgoer now makes you a better fan or a top red of any sorts. Visible around the 60th minute when hundreds walked out of the stadium.

I've never ever seen so many United fans leaving the stadium half an hour to go. Not live, not ever.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Read something during the week about he said to friends, just rumours but he’s the most readily available and has worked with Ronaldo and Varane and as far as I’m aware makes straight forward decisions something Ole does not.
That’s not exactly he “said he wants the job?”

What site did you read it on? (Don’t say MEN)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'm actually scared of people behind appointing Louie, Jose & Ole, who will they bring us this time and what is the new mantra after that. Some players might definitely feel shiver in their comfort zone where they pull mid-table performances for 100k+ per week.

I know for a fact that some people will take long time before trusting any new appointments and any decision from above whatsoever.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We'd likely go on to have 2 uninspiring games before getting battered by City at home and leaving it really hard for no change to happen.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

What the Barca fans did is totally wrong but you see why we as a club are far from ruthless.
One of these clubs will.win the CL before the other.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A feeling of hope.

Until we hire another manager who doesn't work out.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Our standards has dropped since Ole took charge. If our standards was that of a top club, Ole would have been sacked when we failed to get out of the champion league group stage last season.

I will not be surprised if the board backed him. It will just be some more wasted years and more silverware for our competitors. With Newcastle getting Saudi billions, things will be tougher for united to win anything if we continue with a manager like ole.

Skills

Snitch
Our standards has dropped since Ole took charge. If our standards was that of a top club, Ole would have been sacked when we failed to get out of the champion league group stage last season.

I will not be surprised if the board backed him. It will just be some more wasted years and more silverware for our competitors. With Newcastle getting Saudi billions, things will be tougher for united to win anything if we continue with a manager like ole.
Would've happened way before that. He would've got sacked after the 2-0 loss to Cardiff at the end of 18/19, or about 3 different times in 19/20 before he signed Bruno.

This was his record prior to signing Bruno :

Genuinely among the worst managers in PL history.

Drizzle

It's about having some class and not behaving like an entitled crybaby screaming 'Ole out' on Twitter and taking pot shots at match going reds for not being sufficiently vitriolic and frothing, despite the fact that the online warriors have never been to Old Trafford in their lives
I'm a season ticket holder and have been going to Old Trafford for several decades now. Am I allowed to have a view?

This perverse pride in accepting mediocrity is killing the club. The moment match going fans turn on Ole, he's gone. That they choose to celebrate his leading us to further decline is not a source of pride for me, a mancunian season ticket holder.

Obviously this shouldn't get vitriolic or personal. But where the hell are our standards? I bring my sons to the match and I can see them drift away from United in front of my very eyes as this crap is allowed to continue. It has to stop now.

So yes it's frustrating that elements of the stadium applauds this substandard manager and enables the continuation of our decline into irrelevance. I will forever support the club, but if anyone gets in the way of our success, anyone, they lose my support. United is a million times bigger than Ole. Be 'classy' all you want, but it comes at a very heavy price.

Slysi17

I’ll probably just crack on with my week and then sit down to watch United on Saturday evening.
I have University exams in literally a week. Think I will miss the games and just study for my exams. way more important. I am checked out of everything to do with Manchester United now. rather do well in my exams.

Godfather

This board will just try and ride it out won't they? Shows how much ambition they have.. Hope OT isn't the same and shows what they think about it

julianfr

Uhuh. First and only time I've commented about fans tonight.

And those weren't fans they were autograph hunters.
Hopefully Ed was there undercover and snuck in an agreement for mutual termination without compensation :D

RedDevilQuebecois

What the Barca fans did is totally wrong but you see why we as a club are far from ruthless.
One of these clubs will.win the CL before the other.
That's the whole point: we LACK ruthlessness.
With the gits we have a club owners, it's all about controlling the narrative. It's because of those people like those outside Old Trafford that the Glazers still control the narrative and that we are bound to further mediocrity if nothing changes soon.

edit: Before anyone tries to play the good guy card when talking about Ole, I will remind them that the predatorial nature of this business means no room for pity. It reminds me of that great quote by Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross.

You're a nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? F*** you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here? Close! You think I'm too hard on you? You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you ****sucker? If you can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave.

Last edited:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Would've happened way before that. He would've got sacked after the 2-0 loss to Cardiff at the end of 18/19, or about 3 different times in 19/20 before he signed Bruno.

This was his record prior to signing Bruno :

Genuinely among the worst managers in PL history.
Honestly, I would have never given him the job when his caretaker role was up. The champion league group stage knock out should have been a justifiable reason for the board to sack Ole. Not sure why they taught that was acceptable. Could you imagine the likes of Manchester city, Barcelona, real Madrid, Chelsea, psg, bayern or Liverpool playing in the europa league? I don't know how it is ok for a club like Manchester United to play in the Europa league without any repercussions.

yipthatman

You can boo the performance and that would be expected by the players and manager, the core majority were still singing their arses off at 85 minutes and 5 nil down.

Regardless, I don’t want to see fair weather fans online slagging off the match going fans who pay hard earned money to sit through that and still back their club with all they have. They have backbone and deserve respect.
Fair enough. Was you at the game? My nephew was there. I texted him yesterday evening to offer some moral support and he texted back 'It was awful, fans were turning on each other fighting. It's time to go for Ole'. He's only a kid, felt really sorry for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sorry I misread this as "sacks ole" :lol:

I'd expect him to be backed tbh. Well sack him come the end of the season, most likely. It would be ridiculous if he sneaks top 4 and we stick with him. I'd completely lose faith in us as a club.

Pickle85

You disagree that Barcelona fans are ambitious than Man Utd fans?

(Ignoring the context of this thread)
No. But what I said was that implying that their reaction demonstrated that was false.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I don't think anyone that watched that as a United fan would be happy but I also know that I would MUCH rather be part of a fanbase that continued to support a club legend as opposed to mobbing his car. I don't think that many still believe in their heart of hearts that Ole is the man to take the club forward but I am also proud that our fans retain their humanity and stay loyal. It doesn't mean supporting his continued employment. It means staying classy.
This. No need to be nasty if you don't have to, but if Ole has any sense he should resign this week and at least walk away with a tiny bit of dignity

Hes lost the dressing room. No question

Rake

This can't be real can it? He was seriously posing for selfies after losing 5-0 to Liverpool... at home?!
Why is this such a big deal? He'd already made all fans miserable, why refuse to sing a few shirts and take a few selfies, which would only punish the fans more...

AndySmith1990

This right here is why Barcelona will win multiple trophies before we come close, despite their current financial situation. You could relegate Barcelona and Real Madrid to the bottom of the football pyramid and destroy their teams, and they'd still win the CL before we do.

Our club is pathetic. We spend vast sums of money and yet we don't demand success; we're just happy to exist in the headlines and get the exposure and rake in the money from marketing. Our fans are complicit in our downfall. Imagine clapping and singing for Moyes and Solskjaer as they turn us into a laughing stock. Show some self respect ffs.