How would you feel if Rooney smashed it at Everton?

Happy for him! Looks like he's got some fire back in his belly.

He owes us nothing so let him regain some glory back at his true home. I won't complain if he takes points off all our rivals.

dogwithabone

Rooney is undoubtedly finished at the highest level. Who wanted him when we didn't ? That tells you everything.

He was pathetic for us in the last two years and I for one am not going to be fooled by a side foot finish from eight yards that that even then he couldn't properly direct in and needed a big assist from the keeper.

The present day Rooney is more the one that gave away a lazy twenty yard pass right into the path of a city player just before half time.

Dobbs

It's not like he is the only striker to be out paced and out powered by Kompany. Fit Kompany and you're talking about arguably the best CB in the world.
And Rooney was supposed to be one of the top strikers in the world. When a striker of that reputation stops troubling a centre back you know something is wrong.

Anyway.....he'll do for me tonight.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Happy for him. It's turning out well for all parties.

Still probably a couple months of consistency away from even being considered for an England recall.

Andersons Dietician

And Rooney was supposed to be one of the top strikers in the world. When a striker of that reputation stops troubling a centre back you know something is wrong.

Anyway.....he'll do for me tonight.
Well he worked over Kompany in one of the LVG games sooooo

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Rooney is undoubtedly finished at the highest level. Who wanted him when we didn't ? That tells you everything.

He was pathetic for us in the last two years and I for one am not going to be fooled by a side foot finish from eight yards that that even then he couldn't properly direct in and needed a big assist from the keeper.

The present day Rooney is more the one that gave away a lazy twenty yard pass right into the path of a city player just before half time.
It's posts like this that make me want Rooney to smash it at Everton.

I'd love for him to win the golden boot this year.

TsuWave

i think he's a horrible player these days but he's doing us a favor and that celebration was nice so shoutout to him, hopefully he scores another one

TsuWave

yeah man, hoping for an opposition player to win golden boot sure will show us!!!

ypsipeos

People, he is not our problem anymore!
Just enjoy football! Rooney's football tonight.
I was always proud of him, one of my favourite MU players. He is now gone, I 'm no sad for this, he had to go.
But I can't resist being happy for him. Please, score one more goal against the losers!

dogwithabone

What exactly in that post of mine do you disagree with then ? Let's look......

Finished at highest level ? Yes I think he is. I don't think a team with realistic PL or CL ambitions would take him.
Rubbish for us in past two seasons ? Yes. Definitely. Don't think you'd find many United fans disagreeing with that.
His goal tonight ? Got it on target but let's be honest the keeper made a bit of a hash of it.
Rooney careless and lazy in possession ? The number of times he did that over the past two seasons it has almost become his trademark.

ravi2

oh fecking lighten up, he is taking points off City which helps us even though he isnt here anymore

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What exactly in that post of mine do you disagree with then ? Let's look......

Finished at highest level ? Yes I think he is. I don't think a team with realistic PL or CL ambitions would take him.
Rubbish for us in past two seasons ? Yes. Definitely. Don't think you'd find many United fans disagreeing with that.
His goal tonight ? Got it on target but let's be honest the keeper made a bit of a hash of it.
Rooney careless and lazy in possession ? The number of times he did that over the past two seasons it has almost become his trademark.
Most of this is conjecture, entirely debatable and quite frankly I can't be bothered to go over it again.

He's a legend of the club and he's doing us a massive favour tonight. Live with it.

dogwithabone

Most of this is conjecture, entirely debatable and quite frankly I can't be bothered to go over it again.

He's a legend of the club and he's doing us a massive favour tonight. Live with it.

Conjecture and debatable ? Possibly, as is your assertion that he's a 'legend'.

ypsipeos

Conjecture and debatable ? Possibly, as is your assertion that he's a 'legend'.
WOW! A wonderkid who lead us to CHL glory along with Tevez and Ronaldo and who became our first all time goalscorer, serving from every attacking position, carrying the ball like a dog week in week out, is a legend!

Minimalist

He was pretty poor for the rest of the game but so were his team as a group.

I'll be interested to see how many of these goals he can pick up this season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was pretty poor for the rest of the game but so were his team as a group.

I'll be interested to see how many of these goals he can pick up this season.
He'll get more than he did for us past few seasons.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Everyone knows Rooney isn't an elite player any more. The question is a) whether he's good enough for Everton and b) if so, can he be one of their best players? The critics were pretty vocal in saying even Everton wouldn't go near him...