How would you rate the signing of Casemiro?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
When he was I signed I thought it was risky. He was 30, had been a very good player for Real but his best days were behind him. I thought the fee was too big.
But I couldn’t have been more wrong! He’s played a huge part in turning this club around due to his leadership, his ability and his character.What a player! Best signing in a hell of a long time !

Sir Erik ten Hag

Casemiro was what we thought we were going to get with Matic.
Bruno was what we thought we were going to get with Pogba.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Casemiro was what we thought we were going to get with Matic.
Bruno was what we thought we were going to get with Pogba.
Matic is actually a good comparison because he was also bought for big money, as a 29 year old, and was brilliant for us for his first season and then deteriorated rapidly after. So whilst Casemiro has been amazing this season I don’t think we can call him a success if he doesn’t do it for 3-4 years at this level.

El Jefe

A 9 only because we didn't sign him earlier. Imagine if we had Casemiro in preseason and fit for the opening game. This season could have looked even better.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Matic is actually a good comparison because he was also bought for big money, as a 29 year old, and was brilliant for us for his first season and then deteriorated rapidly after. So whilst Casemiro has been amazing this season I don’t think we can call him a success if he doesn’t do it for 3-4 years at this level.
Matic was BRILLIANT for half of that season. Then just decent/good for the later half.

galwayfa

Peak age Casemiro wouldn't have come to Utd imo, if we signed him at 23 he'd more than likely would have left, he has been a sensational buy and gives us a chance to find his successor in midfield in a few seasons, the buy even if people thought it would be a success must have even surprised them, a winner, leader and celebrates every goal like its a cup final winning one, just like Martinez, 2 wonderful signings

David Bartley

Has to be close to a 9 so far. If we can get another two or three seasons of this level of performance it's a 10 easily.
Great quote from Casemiro's agent (and pal) Oscar Ribot: 'Casemiro has only one secret and it's called work.'

He goes on, 'He lives by football and for football, and if he has an objective it's to return Manchester United to the place it belongs. He is going to give his life for this badge.'

Redlyn

Transformative signing. He is one of those players that completely changes our stature. He provides security in defence and the foundation or base for the attack. He even manages to score important goals. 9/10. 10 would be if he was like 5 years younger.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Matic wasn't a patch on Casemiro though. He was very good for his first season, but nowhere near this level.

PoTMS

Anyone think he can be our (much older) Cantona? He's the ultimate professional and has another 4 years in him, I reckon.

ExoduS

Much, much better than I expected. I underestimated criminally that player.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
10/10 signing.

We should also make him our captain. He is the only one playing like a real captain.

FujiVice

Best midfielder since Roy Keane, can score goals, is a leader, a proven track record of winning big trophies, respected by team mates, loved by fans. We'll get 4 or 5 years out of him, too. Nobody prepares or is committed to playing football like him.

croadyman

One of best signings ever but two weeks too late for us to be able to properly challenge for title this season annoyingly

Last edited:

cpresc

I’d probably say he’s already up there close to Top 10.

I think I’ve the next couple years he can be as transformative as Cantona though, which is insane to think that.

i think he might likely end up in the Top 3 and Martinez maybe beyond Vidic

1. Cantona
2. Keane
3. Smichael
4. Rooney
5. Ronaldo
6. Ferdinand
7. Vidic
8. RvP
9. Carrick
10. Casemiro
11. Martinez

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
7 till 7.5

Started poor, became brilliant, is poor again and has cost us with his absence and stupid red cards.

However don't forgot for how long we didnt have a DM at all and how much that has cost us.

Needs to do better next season, find him an understudy and relegate him to the bench if he doesn't improve.

InfiniteBoredom

I think he’s starting to struggle now because it wasn’t in his repertoire to consistently be an adventurous passer. He has the right idea more often than not, but the execution on bad days like this can be horrific and we just lose the ball over and over again. Defensively, despite the borderline double yellows today, I think he’s improved after shying out of challenges in recent weeks.

It’s really imperative that we get a press resistant, consistent passer with stats in the 90th percentile for progressive passing, pass attempted, pass completion rate etc to play alongside him next season, just ask him to do the simple things with the ball and he’s still among the best DMs in the world.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Maybe a good lesson will be learnt in refraining from using hyperbolic statements like one of our best signings ever after playing well for a couple of months. A classic caf trait.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
It's a bad time to try and pass judgement. If he's playing badly come the new season, after he's had a rest, then we should be very worried. He might come back in great shape though.

Lost bear

Yeah, 9/10 and as others have said, a full 10 if he was a few years younger. Really astute signing.

Malone_Post

Will be a massive millstone round the clubs neck, just like Rooney was, by the end of his contact. You could see it coming a mile off.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
My initial thought was that we heavily overpaid in transfer fee and wages for a player on the decline.
Happy with his performances mid season but my fears looking more justified now.

Has to be judged over performances vs cost across his 4 year contract, too early to now to give a definitive good/bad but signs aren't good.

AndySmith1990

I’d probably say he’s already up there close to Top 10.

I think I’ve the next couple years he can be as transformative as Cantona though, which is insane to think that.

i think he might likely end up in the Top 3 and Martinez maybe beyond Vidic

1. Cantona
2. Keane
3. Smichael
4. Rooney
5. Ronaldo
6. Ferdinand
7. Vidic
8. RvP
9. Carrick
10. Casemiro
11. Martinez
You must be taking the piss

Judas

Open to offers
He's frankly been awful for a little while. Give him the benefit of the doubt with it being his first season in a new league, but he's had enough breaks that you can't really say he's been overplayed.

But he does look cooked, like the majority of the team right now.

RyRy11

Casemiro short term is a good pick up, I wish he was cheaper for his age but we'd be further down the league without him this year. The real issue was not signing a player that could help rotate with him, its absurd for anyone to be expected to play 60+ games a season.

Jordan_mufc

Do you know how difficult it is to look good as a CDM when your midfield partner, your whole front 3, your goalkeeper and full backs give the ball away for fun?

He's not been great for the last few weeks but chuck Rodri in that pile of crap and he'd look washed.

AndySmith1990

Buying him has helped to fund a large chunk of Real's signing of Bellingham; a player who will likely form part of their next successful era. While we'll inevitably have to deal with the decline and replacement of Casemiro in the next year or two. Don't get me wrong he's been a very solid signing, but I do wish we operated more like Real and less like post-Ferguson United, y'know?