Hunting endangered species

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Yes.

Entertainment is broad a category to lump all hunting is my point. There are varying grades depending on context which I believe you are missing by such a broad stroke description.
edgar i literally copy and pasted your own post back to you and now you say it is a broad description missing context.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
edgar i literally copy and pasted your own post back to you and now you say it is a broad description missing context.
Jesus Feckin Christ.

We agree that almost all hunting is entertainment.

What I'm saying and what you're missing is that there are contextual grading within the broad description. Some maybe acceptable and others not.

Just saying entertainment isn't sufficient.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Jesus Feckin Christ.

We agree that almost all hunting is entertainment.

What I'm saying and what you're missing is that there are contextual grading within the broad description. Some maybe acceptable and others not.

Just saying entertainment isn't sufficient.
ITS YOUR DESCRIPTION

YOU SAID IT

Silva

And hunting for food is a redundant action unless you live in remote areas or under specific circumstances. People just hunt for entertainment and just use the results for food. There really is no need to hunt for food in these cases.
And hunting for food is a redundant action unless you live in remote areas or under specific circumstances. People just hunt for entertainment and just use the results for food. There really is no need to hunt for food in these cases.
for fecks sake dude

Tarrou

as far as I can discern nobody is actually disagreeing about anything here

bpet15

The hunt, food, trophy hunt argument is pretty stupid.

I don’t need to hunt in order to eat. That said, I can fill my freezer with meat for a fraction of the cost of store bought meat.

Bring a deer or a wild hog to the processor and you can order just about any cut of meat - bacon, ground, sausage, breakfast sausage, flavored sausages, back strap, etc. The processing fee, plus any additional fees for specialty cuts is so much cheaper than buying at the store.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This thread is like a really antagonistic episode of the Rubin Report.

Would it be appropriate to shoot that blonde lady in the face if I eat her afterwards?

Oh and someone disagreeing with his own post is already one of the highlights of my existence.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’ve yet to misread a post in this thread.

Blanket statements lumping all hunters in together as cnuts with poachers and trophy hunters are dumb. I call them out as such.

Posts by people who eat meat complaining about people killing animals are dumb. And I call them out as such (hence the question).

You and your sidekick do your typical warn out schtick then try to tell everyone else what they’ve thought.

Maybe some folks just don’t agree with making blanket statements about large groups of people like a couple other posters I know about in the Cops thread?
People hunting for food is different. I understand that. We’ve done it for thousands of years.

People blowing a Giraffe or Lions head off from 50 yards away is what I deem cnutish.

Like I said earlier, these people should try hunting a lion or a tiger without a gun. That I would have respect for.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
People hunting for food is different. I understand that. We’ve done it for thousands of years.

People blowing a Giraffe or Lions head off from 50 yards away is what I deem cnutish.

Like I said earlier, these people should try hunting a lion or a tiger without a gun. That I would have respect for.
A trail jogger in Colorado successfully defended himself Monday against a mountain lion that attacked him from behind. The cat is dead, and the man is recovering in a local hospital.

The jogger, whose identity has not been released, was running alone in the foothills of the Horsetooth Mountain Park in northern Colorado when, he said, he heard something behind him on the trail. As he turned to investigate, the juvenile mountain lion lunged.

The jogger said he was bitten on the face and wrist, according to a statement from Colorado Parks and Wildlife. But he was able to fight back, killing the young mountain lion. The man's injuries were serious, but not life-threatening, and he was able to get himself to a local hospital.
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/6915...mountain-lion-in-self-defense?t=1560509365122

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
what the feck do you think this phrase means, people who hunt purely for food and/or conservation don't see themselves as brave - you don't need more descriptive statements in a thread titles "Hunting endangered species", everything is already in the post and has been contextualised for you
I was being sarcastic mate. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I fully understand people hunting for food or hunting dangerous bears etc near towns/villages. It’s cnuts that take pleasure in blowing animals heads off from 50 yards away For the sole purpose of gloating that they “hunted” a giraffe that I have issues with.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is different. Hunting/killing a dangerous animal that is in close proximity to a town/village is not the same as trophy hunting.
I wasn't for a moment suggesting it was, your post just reminded me of that cool story. He wasn't hunting at all, he was defending himself from attack.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Thank goodness for the courage of that eegit on a pushbike who mauled a kitten and posted it on Instagram.

Carolina Red

Staff
2nd attempt at something actually good and pertinent to stopping poachers killing endangered species...

Prince William apparently is the mastermind behind this, as he came up with the Taskforces that caught the traffickers and convinced governments to form them.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wildli...southern-district-new-york-fish-and-wildlife/

U.S. law enforcement agencies have taken down a smuggling network accused of trafficking at least $7 million dollars worth of rhino horn and elephant tusk — as well as heroin — around the world. The bust is the first major success for a small group of people trying to shift the narrative on the illegal wildlife trade. These indictments are proof, they say, that the criminals who threaten the world's endangered species are also a direct threat to our safety as humans.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The department already exists.
I suggest we start by culling the human population with the 25% highest carbon footprint.

Unless that includes me, in that case we better make it 24%. Wouldn't want my feigned morals to get in the way of my personal situation.

Carolina Red

Staff
I suggest we start by culling the human population with the 25% highest carbon footprint.

Unless that includes me, in that case we better make it 24%. Wouldn't want my feigned morals to get in the way of my personal situation.
You’d need to present it to DNR.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Do we really need a department to ascertain that there's an over abundance of humans on our planet?

That's actually not true. Overpopulation is a myth that was first false propagated by Thomas Malthus (who was subsequently proven wrong both in theory and in reality).

What the planet has is a resource distribution problem not a lack of resource problem. Technologically and biologically there are more than enough resources to support double the population we have (although clearly not organized in the inefficient manner they are now)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That's actually not true. Overpopulation is a myth that was first false propagated by Thomas Malthus (who was subsequently proven wrong both in theory and in reality).

What the planet has is a resource distribution problem not a lack of resource problem. Technologically and biologically there are more than enough resources to support double the population we have (although clearly not organized in the inefficient manner they are now)
Really? Sounds logical actually. I suppose if we did away with all our luxuries we'dbe fine. We never will though.