Hurricane Dorian

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Reports saying it could hit Florida as a cat 4 storm. The NY Post, not to be outdone, is saying cat 5.
It looks set to ruin a lot of long weekend plans in that area though, no matter what category it lands as.

Stay safe FL caftards.

Dr. StrangeHate

And knowing Trump, he will get the Federal Gov't to pay for the repairs somehow. Its the Souther White House afterall.
He is gonna fleece the government for repairs regardless of whether it gets hit or not, that is a given. At least if it gets hit, it would be somewhat legitimate.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Surprised they haven't evacuated yet. The original cat1 prediction soon built to a 4 and it's stalling. 3 years in a row if a cat4 hits?

The Bahamas are going to get hit hard!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
@golden_blunder also, I live in Tampa, which is on the west coast of Florida. This hurricane shimdig sounds like a Miami problem.

Also, when is it supposed to hit? I didn't pay attention.

NotworkSte

Reports saying it could hit Florida as a cat 4 storm. The NY Post, not to be outdone, is saying cat 5.
It looks set to ruin a lot of long weekend plans in that area though, no matter what category it lands as.

Stay safe FL caftards.
It's been possible for a few days it could get to 5, but a lot of the meteorologists have been playing it carefully. So much uncertainty on this one. Ryan Maue has been saying possible 5 for at least 2 days.

@Florida Man it's slowed down, we were due to get on Monday but looking more like Tue night. Euro and UK Met have been consistent for a while it will hit south Fl then turn North. Tampa is likely to get tropical wind/rain, east coast could be in for a very rough time as the north turn should take place before or just after landfall, then it will crawl north. It will become much more clear in next 24 hours.

Edit: Denis Phillps from ABC Tampa is "the" man to follow - he is on facebook.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
It's been possible for a few days it could get to 5, but a lot of the meteorologists have been playing it carefully. So much uncertainty on this one. Ryan Maue has been saying possible 5 for at least 2 days.

@Florida Man it's slowed down, we were due to get on Monday but looking more like Tue night. Euro and UK Met have been consistent for a while it will hit south Fl then turn North. Tampa is likely to get tropical wind/rain, east coast could be in for a very rough time as the north turn should take place before or just after landfall, then it will crawl north. It will become much more clear in next 24 hours.

Edit: Denis Phillps from ABC Tampa is "the" man to follow - he is on facebook.
Cheers. Appreciate the info.

peridigm

My son and his girlfriend moved to Kissimme a few weeks ago for school. He's working 60-80 hours a week in the new Star Wars thing at Disney. Their mantra is "Disney never closes". I told him last night to not be afraid to tell his boss to feck off if they want him to come to work on Monday. Needless to say his mom and I are getting nervous. This looks to be a beast of a storm if it holds strength.

Carolina Red

Staff
Is it supposed to hit South Carolina at all? I’ll be in Charleston all week and would prefer if it didn’t.
If it hits in northern Florida, or hits, goes inland, and then turns north, then Charleston will probably get very high tides and streets will be flooded. That city floods very easily.

There’s also some models showing it skirting up the coast, in which case Charleston would be much worse off.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So do Miami residents have to leave their homes because of this? Genuinely curious because Miami always gets hyped as the place to be.

Simbo

My son and his girlfriend moved to Kissimme a few weeks ago for school. He's working 60-80 hours a week in the new Star Wars thing at Disney. Their mantra is "Disney never closes". I told him last night to not be afraid to tell his boss to feck off if they want him to come to work on Monday. Needless to say his mom and I are getting nervous. This looks to be a beast of a storm if it holds strength.
I get that Monday is a national holiday, but if there's a hurricane due, surely there is absolutely zero chance of the parks being open?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I could see ignoring potential hurricane catastrophes for the sake of the food in New Orleans, but not for a blasted chicken sandwich.