I really want Fergie to see it

Sir Erik ten Hag

With everything he has done for the club, I think Fergie deserves to see us lift the Premier League trophy at least once after his retirement. He has come to Old Trafford and watched us so regularly at his old age, yet we had little to show for.

Sir Bobby Charlton has passed away. Fergie's wife has passed away. How long does Fergie still have? Yet we as a club seems further and further away from the Premier League Title. And that makes me sad.

Eddy_JukeZ

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that happens.

We might not win the title again for a very long time.

foolsgold

Sir Matt lived to see Sir Alex lift the title, hopefully Sir Alex lives to see Sir Darren Fletcher do the same

norm87cro

Dont see it happening. Lets say we instantly start making moves from now on its a least 5-6 years and thats wishful thinking.
I hope Im wrong goes without saying

Varun

Staff
Only hope is tech advancements coming in soon and extending his lifespan to 200yrs

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He can if he chooses to speak up and against the ownership. That’s a domino the glazers can’t survive falling.

robinrooney

Fergie is partly to blame for the mess we are in now.

If it wasn't for his fallout with McManus/Magnier over that horse, the Glazers would not have got the shares they needed for the takeover.

Also all that crap about "no value in the market" left our midfield in tatters after he left.

He has never once said a bad word against them.

If he loved the club so much he should call them out.

gajender

He can if he chooses to speak up and against the ownership. That’s a domino the glazers can’t survive falling.
What are you basing this on it won't affect them one bit they are thick skinned they would only leave when get the price they want .

led_scholes

If it wasn't for his fallout with McManus/Magnier over that horse, the Glazers would not have got the shares they needed for the takeover.

Also all that crap about "no value in the market" left our midfield in tatters after he left.

Just don't go there. We can't expect a 81 years old guy to save us who gave everything to us. Glazers should have been pushed out by the fans already.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Won't happen I'm afraid, we are many many years away from challenging for the league, let alone even winning it.

I'm hoping by the time my son goes to university, he's currently 2 now, he might get to see man utd lift the PL.

arthurka

He really needs to do that, him constantly protecting the Glazers while he was manager should have ended when he stepped down.

Rockets Redglare

He’s 81, he’s had a brain haemorrhage and his wife has just died.
Leave him in peace, he’s the only reason most of us have even seen United win the league in the first place.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be honest it’s highly unlikely. I agree that it would be a special moment and something the greatest manager ever deserves to experience. I don’t see it happening with the way we’re run.

amolbhatia50k

Manchester United is their property. There’s nothing SAF can say to change that. He can try to influence things mildly as a board member which is what he’s doing. The man is in his 80s we need to look elsewhere for change and let the legend enjoy / not sure what the right word is after losing his wife, his retirement.

gajender

He really needs to do that, him constantly protecting the Glazers while he was manager should have ended when he stepped down.
Have you ever contemplated that Sir Alex may have enjoyed working with Glazers as he got greater say in the proceedings despite some financial constraints compared to how things were for him Under PLC and because of that he might have different outlook towards Glazers than the average fan .

Mike Smalling

If we don't have a change in ownership, there are people much, much younger than Sir Alex that won't see it. We are sliding backwards right now and working our way further away from the title.

amolbhatia50k

Manchester United is their property. There’s nothing SAF can say to change that. He can try to influence things mildly as a board member which is what he’s doing. The man is in his 80s we need to look elsewhere for change and let the legend enjoy / not sure what the right word is after losing his wife, his retirement.

For them the club is purely a financial asset. They will sell / disinvest when they see their gain in it. Our ex players and managers can’t affect it.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
At this point i'd take him attending a game at Old Trafford and enjoying what he sees. Maybe just an honorable loss.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He's still being paid by the Glazers, you know that right?

MegadrivePerson

Him handpicking David Moyes to take over didn't help either.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

If it wasn't for SAF we would be calling this a golden era of United rather than a crisis.

He built the empire, it wasn't up to him to carry it on, that was up to others and completely out of his hands.

Baxquux

What are you basing this on it won't affect them one bit they are thick skinned they would only leave when get the price they want .
They might not listen to anyone with footballing authority, but they're not totally impervious under certain conditions and in relation to certain parties: if major commercial partners start revolting because association with the club seems irrecoverably toxic under present leadership, which a combination of him speaking out and the boost it would give to existing (currently inadequate) efforts to lobby against Glazers through targeting those same partners, would achieve, and shareholders start trying to actively pus them out for mismanagement and denying them the chance to sell to SJ, then it might be different.

There are other strategies against the Glazers, from property to beyond, but mentioning some of those might come with a ban at best, so there's that. Suffice to say, though, if this was a different fanbase though (a major Italian one, Spanish, even potentially the Scousers) , there'd certainly be pressure from 'various angles' to get the Glazers to cash out to save their skins and with ill-gotten gains....

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Fergie would have won or challenged for the title the next season as well regardless of "midfield in tatters", the man was simply the best there has ever been.

bstb3

Maybe in one of those Futurama-esque jars, but I wouldn't wish that on him. Think he needs to be given respect for what he did and left in peace to be honest, it's someone else's problem now. It would be great if we could do it, but it's sadly very unlikely at this point.

Terry Chango

Just don't go there. We can't expect a 81 years old guy to save us who gave everything to us. Glazers should have been pushed out by the fans already.
Yes. As fan base we've been far to tolerant.

Since 2015 I've cancelled my membership, refuse to go to old Trafford and haven't brought a shirt since and won't until they leave. I wonder how many members on the café who hate the Glazers but still buy the shirt every season.

So many posters on here complain about the glazers yet go to old Trafford, buy the shirts and other merchandise, then say or do nothing when at old Trafford.

We have the largest fan base in the world and we barely make a noise about them. We are all to blame for this mess along with the glazers.

If united fans really cared we'd riot, the stadiums and mega shop would be empty apart from the day trippers etc.

Kammy26

Fergie knew what was coming and bowed out at the right time.
yeah age was coming for him. I have no doubts with over a billion pounds to spend he would have been right up there challenging with Pep and Klopp.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Maybe it’s because I hVe gotten older, but football is not that serious. It would be nice for him but I’m sure life has more important things to offer that would be fulfilling for him.

Kammy26

That will do nothing but make a headline for a day or two and be forgotten. The glazers also won’t give a shit, we have club legends speaking out regularly about the glazers and it’s done nothing.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This OP I'd the strangest thing I've seen on here.
MUFC is a total and utter shit show and the Team is in its worst crisis in years and here we have someone hoping Ferguson sees us lift a PL in his lifetime.

Kind of reminds me of the violin players on the Titanic.

It's more likely the other end of the table to be worried about

marktan

I thought it'd be 20 years minimum before we win the league again after SAF retired, primarily due to Glazers having no clue how to run a modern club, and that will definitely be the case. Could easily be many more as teams like Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are way ahead of us currently, forget City

LordSpud

We won't win the league again. I think we're more likely to drift towards an Everton-type team in the league, just making up the numbers, than win it.

It was hard enough when it was City rolling the league but with Newcastle about to come to the table it will be nigh on impossible to do it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He basically completed football. I think he's all good.