ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Spoony

The People's President
That does not make any sense. Sri Lanka have also produced some of the best players to play the game. Sri Lanka not being able to take up football even if they tried is of no relevance. All of England can take up any sport, they still won't be able to win the WC :P
Of course it's relevant, I'm saying Sri Lanka isn't a naturally sporting nation...even if they were...say...football mad, they'd still most likely be the whipping boys of Asia, but because cricket is only played in a handful of nations, if we're totally honest, it's only truly big in four countries, they've got a chance to be successful. The point is clear, the point is obvious, it's easier to be successful at a sport where there's not much competition, however, being successful in a truly globalised game is, well, let's say not as easy. Which is why, I repeat, the game should spread to shite footballing nations.... like Wales or Bhutan. And if you don't agree...I'll set Salvo on you.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Noone cares about why England aren't successful. Start a new thread for that.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I wish you'd stop bringing Wales into this Spoony. We're a proud footballing nation.

Spoony

The People's President
The only reason Britain isn't the best in the world is because we invented loads of sports and have to spread our talent over all of them. Hence we have good, but not great, teams in football, rugby, cricket, athletics, hockey, golf, tennis etc.

If we put all our best sporting talent in any one sport, obviously we'd be the best. You know it makes sense.
We're football mad, though. I think we ought to improve our standing at a national level. I mean, one world cup? and even that at home?! Then again, as I said, it's not easy to dominate such a globalised game. There's so much more competition.

amolbhatia50k

Well you seem to have covered the biggest ones in terms of importance to an Indian fan but I'd throw in Independence CUp in there. Also the Hero Cup. My first real memory of Sachin post the WC.
Can't seem to remember the Independence Cup. I'm sure I saw it, just can't place it.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think you mistitled those two picture Mr. Bhatia. It should be 'Greatness' for Dhoni and 'Legend' for Sachin Tendulkar.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
We're football mad, though. I think we ought to improve our standing at a national level. I mean, one world cup? and even that at home?! Then again, as I said, it's not easy to dominate such a globalised game. There's so much more competition.
Forget dominating, England are not even competing at the international stage when it comes to football.

amolbhatia50k

I think you mistitled those two picture Mr. Bhatia. It should be 'Greatness' for Dhoni and 'Legend' for Sachin Tendulkar.
What I meant was that dhoni now has become a legend of Indian cricket whereas I really couldn't think of a word good enough for sachin. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Apparent the cup presented was a replica.

I should care but I don't!

Woohoo!!

amolbhatia50k

Icc says it is the original one.

It's funny how much drama there is!

I'm surprised its soooo important to the media!

Virtuoso

India - Cricket World Cup winners! Unbelievably proud of India, we really fought for it and still can't believe that we won it. An absolute dream World Cup really; India win in India, Tendulkar finally wins the World Cup, Yuvraj Singh - man of the tournament and to top it off, Dhoni hits a 6 to win the final.

I really thought we deserved it, would have been a really crushing blow to lose the final and after the end of their batting and start of ours, I began to fear the worst. But, to win it in the fashion we did, and having beaten so many top teams and the previous holders makes it even more special. I had a lot of family round and we really celebrated the triumph in the end after having been on edge for the whole match, very memorable day.

Jai Hind!

amolbhatia50k

If anyone can find clips of the winning moment and celebrations and presentation ceremony, do let the rest of us know.

All I can find it shady youtube clips.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yeah too bad the Irish are not going to be in the next World Cup. Apparently there are only going to be ten teams for the next two world cups, which means its going to be the usual 8 who qualified for the knockout stages along with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. That could be tough, because if you lose one game, you are in trouble.

amolbhatia50k

Cricket Highlights | Cricket World Cup 2011 Highlights

This worked for me yesterday. See if it still works.
Thanks but that's not for download.

I just downloaded some clips from youtube.

Can't wait for high rest stuff to hit the net and then maybe the UK broadcast and things like that.

I still can't believe it.

I just never tire of watching events post the winning shot.

Sachin glugging a bottle of alcohol straight up was funny :lol:

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Ireland ruled out of the next World Cup. What a joke.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Something to do with only allowing association nations to take part because the number of teams has been reduced from 14 to 10.

amolbhatia50k

Something to do with only allowing association nations to take part because the number of teams has been reduced from 14 to 10.
But surely Ireland are the best of the associate teams.

I shall look into this!

zing

Zingle balls
But surely Ireland are the best of the associate teams.

I shall look into this!
Zimbabwe don't count as an associate team. They're a test playing nation in a self-imposed exile. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they're going to play a test series again in the upcoming few months.

It's very stupid. Ireland are actually ranked #10 in the ODI rankings.

kps88

Its only going to be the 10 test playing nations. Tough on the Irish. If it were up to me, I'd let the likes of Ireland, Canada, Netherlands etc. battle it out in a qualifying tournament and let the best team earn a place in the World Cup. I'd include Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in this.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
With the tournament being in India, can't look past them. Subcontinent conditions always tend to catch out the likes of Australia and England. S Africa will at some point shoot themselves in the foot like always and as will Pakistan.
I was right about everything.

Feck all you muppets. You are all clueless.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It is amazing how almost all of the sports governing bodies in the world are run by clueless muppets.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Afridi is a fecking cnut!

phelans shorts

The 20-year-old had disappeared from the public eye since India secured the one-day title in Mumbai on Saturday, beating Sri Lanka by six wickets - raising fears among her fans that she only made the pledge for publicity.
However, breaking her silence via social networking site Twitter, Pandey said she is still going ahead with her plans to go nude - and hinted that details are already being ironed out for the event.
She wrote: 'Thanx a Lot All for ** Support!! I am Still on with My Commitments Stay TUNE :) [sic]'

Poonam Pandey has her arm painted in support of India (AFP/Getty)
Later on Monday, Pandey added: 'Once Steve Forbes said "A promise made should be a promise kept." so guys soon will complete my promise just Wait n watch. [sic]'
Until then, the model's only public statement since India's victory had been a short message saying she was 'on cloud nine'.
Pandey also referred journalists who have apparently been badgering her for interviews and comment to a previous non-committal open letter to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), two days before the final.
In that letter, the swimwear model said she would give the Indian team the choice of whether she should strip for them privately or in a public place.
However, she urged them to arrange for any open show to be staged abroad - preferably in Paris - to avoid the potential for outrage among traditionalist Muslims and Hindus.

Read more: Model Poonam Pandey: Naked strip still happening for India World Cup win | Metro.co.uk
Can I propose Manchester as a good place to host?

How about my house?