ICC T20 World Cup 2022

Swedish_Plumber

I think England are the only modern team at the moment with power hitters throughout. When other teams catchup it will be interesting. But Australian team that won so many World cups was the best in history.
Would certainly be interesting to see that Oz side take on this England team. Games changed so much but those Aussies were GOAT players.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Pakistan were not 'so good' bowling isn't the only part of the game.
The 2nd innings puts into perspective the first. If they best batting line up could barely get that target, it shows how difficult the pitch was.

I'm not taking any criticism against our team, we did everything we could today and it was only luck that was the divider.

England are definitely a great team and one others should look to as an example of how to build a team, but today Pakistan were more than just a match.

Absolutely gutted.

Dr. StrangeHate

Would certainly be interesting to see that Oz side take on this England team. Games changed so much but those Aussies were GOAT players.
Game has changed and only England has been ahead of the game. In future all teams will be like England with hitters throughout. India and Pakistan atleast 5 years behind the game.

space

I genuinely think Shaheen's injury was the key moment - but great innings from Stokes. Wish Pak had got that runout chance, but that six over Iftikhar was key. Pak 15 runs short in the end, but it is what it is. England were the best team in the tournament and deserved winners

Dr. StrangeHate

I genuinely think Shaheen's injury was the key moment - but great innings from Stokes. Wish Pak had got that runout chance, but that six over Iftikhar was key. Pak 15 runs short in the end, but it is what it is. England were the best team in the tournament and deserved winners
England would still have won it I feel.

gorky_utd

The current England team is very similar to 2011 indian team in 50 over format. Prime Australia was just too good.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The 2nd innings puts into perspective the first. If they best batting line up could barely get that target, it shows how difficult the pitch was.

I'm not taking any criticism against our team, we did everything we could today and it was only luck that was the divider.

England are definitely a great team and one others should look to as an example of how to build a team, but today Pakistan were more than just a match.

Absolutely gutted.
I think you're letting the batsmen off the hook, some of the shots were really poor, some absolutely nothing shots giving catching practice. They knew the wicket was a difficult one so should have set on knocking it around and getting to a safe 150-160.

Dr. StrangeHate

The current England team is very similar to 2011 indian team in 50 over format. Prime Australia was just too good.
That Australian team was like Prime Barca and this England team is like Madrid under Zidane. Prime Barca every day of the week.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
That Aussie team was really stacked, I don't think there was any other team in history with as many GOATs in one lineup, maybe the great WI teams. Aussies would win it imo.

the_cliff

Yea Stokes would've played and missed 4 more balls and then hit one great shot to get a boundary.
Tbf to Stokes after the 16th over he was like a completely different player. It's like he decided 'that's enough drama for today'.

Dr. StrangeHate

I think you're letting the batsmen off the hook, some of the shots were really poor, some absolutely nothing shots giving catching practice. They knew the wicket was a difficult one so should have set on knocking it around and getting to a safe 150-160.
I think you are right. They tried to get 180 when 160 would have been competitive.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don't agree with how people are just casually saying that we could've gotten 150-160. Again England were really struggling to get anything away, the point about knocking it about is hindsight because then you'd have heard people criticizing them for not showing 'intent' and trying to hit boundaries.

They tried to go for shots, which any team would've in that situation and it was just very difficult to do on this pitch.

Dr. StrangeHate

I don't agree with how people are just casually saying that we could've gotten 150-160. Again England were really struggling to get anything away, the point about knocking it about is hindsight because then you'd have heard people criticizing them for not showing 'intent' and trying to hit boundaries.
Yia it went the other way that intent bit. If we had shown less intent we would have been better off even though I prefer the aggressive approach.

TheReligion

Abusive
Amazing what England have achieved without so many key top players

So much depth everywhere. They could genuinely field two teams as @rimaldo said and play each other in the final.

PoTMS

Right, nice to get the first of our two World Cups in 2 months. Shame our Rugby League boys bottled it.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Absolutely gutted.
Our problem was we were trying to hit it out the park when it would have made more sense picking up 1s and 2s. Especially from the 17-20 over period. So many wild shots. 1s and 2s and we could have defended 150 instead of 137.

I know it’s hindsight but it’s that Hollywood mentality that has held us back for years and years.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Don't know what hurts more, this match or the semi final last year.

Last year the match was in our hand and we, literally with the drop, let it slip. This year we did everything we could've and on another day won the title.

Dr. StrangeHate

Our problem was we were trying to hit it out the park when it would have made more sense picking up 1s and 2s. Especially from the 17-20 over period. So many wild shots. 1s and 2s and we could have defended 150 instead of 137.

I know it’s hindsight but it’s that Hollywood mentality that has held us back for years and years.
It is easy to say in hindsight and most teams would have gone for the big hits at that point. This is why you always bat second.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima

They tried to go for shots, which any team would've in that situation and it was just very difficult to do on this pitch.
You have to assess the situation as you play the innings and see the conditions. Playing with intent is one thing playing carelessly is another. Cricket is a dynamic game you have adjust as you play.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Well done Sam Curren, MOTM and MOTS
Deservedly, I remember his debut (I think) against us in test matches and thought he was a great test bowler with his swing. Never thought he would transition to one of the best t20 bowlers so quickly.

Dr. StrangeHate

You have to assess the situation as you play the innings and see the conditions. Playing with intent is one thing playing carelessly is another. Cricket is a dynamic game you have adjust as you play.
That semifinal performance from England meant Pakistan had to take risks.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
When England needed 41 off 30, Shaheen had 12 left to bowl. Had he been fit enough to bowl his last two overs, I think the match would have gone right down to the wire. Pakistan needed everything to go their way when they set England just 138 to win.