ICE are the 21st century Gestapo

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

Anyone who isnt outraged or tries to obfuscate the horrors we are inflicting is a piece of shit. Anyone involved in this policy or who works for ICE or CBP in any capacity should be publically humiliated for the rest of their life. They should never be allowed to go to a restaurant or walk in the park without being harassed and being reminded how much they are hated.

RedTiger

Half mast
They have the power to oppress the poor and the weak now, and export the cult of the money around the world, destroying the hopes of many millions, but maybe someday their own people will look for hospitality in foreign lands.
Reciprocity. Treat others as you'd like yourself to be treated. We will never have a by and large peaceful world without adhering to that mantra.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
@InfiniteBoredom pretty much covered it.

I’d just add to it the genocide committed during the forced extraction of Natives up through the 19th century, and the institution of slavery that was in place before Jim Crow.
Ah, I'd totally misunderstood what you meant by over the years...I figured we were talking post-Jim Crow. Can you think of anything in the last half-century?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How the feck can any human being whether they're a Trump supporter or not, not despise the man after this act? Surely this should be the last straw. Just reading some of the stories, holy shit, how are things like that even possible in the 21st Century in America. Words fail me.

Who are the Trump supporters on the Caf? Time to tag them in this thread.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
How the feck can any human being whether they're a Trump supporter or not, not despise the man after this act? Surely this should be the last straw. Just reading some of the stories, holy shit, how are things like that even possible in the 21st Century in America. Words fail me.

Let's not, please. They're fecking hopeless.

kotha

Just went through this thread.. What a horrifying , depressing read..

What has happened guys,how does a leading nation of the world treat kids like this? How are people not making a scene about it and making it stop..

Hope someone somewhere makes this a huge issue,takes it to the UN or something.. Maybe Trump will change his policy then, but again seeing his actions he's more likely to double down on it..

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
What has happened guys,how does a leading nation of the world treat kids like this? How are people not making a scene about it and making it stop..
Maybe because all around the world more and more people see themselves as worth more then others.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Let's not, please. They're fecking hopeless.
No! TAG THEM!

They excuse Trump at every turn and have often defended the indefensible. Let's see how they can justify or excuse this. It's abhorrent and anyone supporting this or defending it deserves to be questioned and explain themselves.

I know rational debate and logic is pointless with the vast majority of them, but I'm sick and tired of them picking and choosing when and what they want to discuss. They need to come in here and explain their position on this atrocity, if they don't, personally I think they should be banned from the CE forum.

It would be especially interesting to hear what @Fearless has to say, especially considering the topic of the majority of arguments he gets involved in.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Off the top of my head

The forced extraction of Native Americans under Andrew Jackson (Trail of Tears)

The rejection of Jewish refugees before/during WWII

The forced internment camp for Japanese Americans during WWII

That lark called the Jim Crow laws/segregation in the US South.
Yep.

That "We're Americans and stand for much more" line is historically ignorant.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Off the top of my head

The forced extraction of Native Americans under Andrew Jackson (Trail of Tears)

The rejection of Jewish refugees before/during WWII

The forced internment camp for Japanese Americans during WWII

That lark called the Jim Crow laws/segregation in the US South.
The Yanks have form with this kind of thing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

We humans are conditioned to sink to any depth when the "us against them" mentality sets in. It's encoded in our DNA.

Raulduke

Apparently the NYT have an on the record audio interview with Stephen Miller about child seperation for their Daily podcast but have spiked it after being asked to by the White House. Why the hell would the NYT want to do this White House that kind of favor? :houllier:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
No! TAG THEM!

They excuse Trump at every turn and have often defended the indefensible. Let's see how they can justify or excuse this. It's abhorrent and anyone supporting this or defending it deserves to be questioned and explain themselves.

I know rational debate and logic is pointless with the vast majority of them, but I'm sick and tired of them picking and choosing when and what they want to discuss. They need to come in here and explain their position on this atrocity, if they don't, personally I think they should be banned from the CE forum.

It would be especially interesting to hear what @Fearless has to say, especially considering the topic of the majority of arguments he gets involved in.
I guess my views on xenophobia and mistreatment of immigrants are somewhat known, but this attitude still stinks.

On topic:
The only hope I have is they're somehow overdoing it right now and miscalculate the backlash. Large parts of the general public seem to be on the case, even the often pro-Trump NY Post has this on its cover:
https://nypost.com/cover/covers-for-june-19-2018/
(Although the second subheading already hints on a more "balanced" article to please their conservative readership)

But that hope may well end in disappointment, considering how much unbelievable shit the current administration got away with already. Even if the practice of parent/child seperation gets abolished, I'd be surprised to see other less emotionally charged, but still abusive practices coming under serious enough attack in the mainstream.

langster

Scout

I think I'm done with Twitter and the Trump thread and anything in this CE forum. I need to take a break because reading the replies to that Tweet is just so upsetting. The hatred is disgusting but the sheer ignorance and stupidity is unbelievable.

We are failing as a species when in 2018 we still have people so fecking stupid that they can't see the difference between taking children from parents and abortion or the difference between what Trump is doing and what Obama did.

Obama wasn't perfect, neither are the Dems but feck me the delusion and ignorance on show since Trump got elected is beyond depressing.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
A Border Patrol official told CBS that the immigration authority disliked the network's use of the word 'cages'...then followed up by admitting that the word 'isn't inaccurate '.

langster

Scout
I guess my views on xenophobia and mistreatment of immigrants are somewhat known, but this attitude still stinks.
Why? They should be ignored en masse then. What does it say about them if they only pop in to wind people up or rub people's noses in it when they think Trump has had a win? They can't debate the myriad of policies the majority disagree with and they always run away when called on blatant bullshit, fake news or propaganda.

They are the definition of Trolls and shouldn't be entertained unless they are prepared to debate like adults and own and accept their opinions or even own up and admit when Trump is out of order.

I just find the cowardly way they post infuriating and laughable. I wouldn't give people like that the time of day if I knew them in person so why tolerate it online?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Very sad stuff. It’s just fcuking wrong!

My wife convinced me to stay in this crazy country during GWBs 1st term and we did, and then, when Obama got in, it seemed like the right decision.
I’m sorry now and stuck for another 2 yrs min until the kids finish high school.
:(

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Why? They should be ignored en masse then. What does it say about them if they only pop in to wind people up or rub people's noses in it when they think Trump has had a win? They can't debate the myriad of policies the majority disagree with and they always run away when called on blatant bullshit, fake news or propaganda.

They are the definition of Trolls and shouldn't be entertained unless they are prepared to debate like adults and own and accept their opinions or even own up and admit when Trump is out of order.

I just find the cowardly way they post infuriating and laughable. I wouldn't give people like that the time of day if I knew them in person so why tolerate it online?
I have no problem when people are called out for what they write (inside certain limits, of course). But it's pretty strange to call them out for what they don't write, let alone ban them for it. The forum would go to the dogs if these methods are adopted.

I mean, I regularly encounter statements here I find prejudiced, bigoted, reactionary, morally repulsive. Some of them are part of the respected Caf canon and quite popular. I damn sure wish it was different, but that's how it is in a relatively open forum like this one. The posters you probably mean are outsiders anyway, partly as a result of the political majorities, partly as a result of the posting style you talk about.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
BBC said:
Fox News host Laura Ingraham said the detention centres were "essentially summer camps" for migrant children.
BBC said:
Jeff Sessions was asked in Monday night's interview on Fox News about a tweet by former CIA Director Michael Hayden likening what happened at Auschwitz concentration camp, where millions of Jews and other minorities were killed, to the separation of undocumented immigrant families at the US border.

The Department of Justice chief said: "Well, it's a real exaggeration, of course. In Nazi Germany, they were keeping the Jews from leaving the country."